(Closed) October 2015 Mamas – Part 3, Bring on the 2nd Trimester!

posted 5 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 4
256 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

ROLL CALL

How far along are you now? 15 weeks on Thursday! 

What is your due date? 10/1/15

Team Blue, Team Pink, Team Green? Team green. Mainly because hubby feels strongly about it. Part of me wants to find out but I really have no preference! We have the anatomy scan on 4/28 but I think we’ll hold strong…

Let’s hear about your symptoms. Where are you at now? Acid reflux! Nausea is gone. The fatigue is better. I’ve been getting some aches in my hips/butt. 

And what about maternity clothes? Are you there yet? Maternity pants since 8 weeks! I’ve found The Gap and Old Navy are meeting my needs. 

Tell us about your nursery. What are you planning? Have you started? Not started yet…I bought a green night stand from Home Goods. I have everything else picked out though. We are doing light blue walls, neutral “sheepish” bedding from land of nod, white crib/dresser, twin bed in the room with the same sheep sheets, grey glider/recliner, green accents…

Feel free to include a picture of your bump however existant or non-existant it may be! I don’t have any on my iPad! 

• This reply was modified 4 years, 7 months ago by  mrsdrdunn. Reason: oops 15 weeks along, not 16. Pregnancy brain is real!
Post # 5
1246 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

sostobe:  Thanks for starting the new thread! 

How far along are you now? What is your due date? 12 weeks, 3 days! Due October 24th

Team Blue, Team Pink, Team Green? Do you know? Are you finding out? We do plan to find out, but not until the 20 week ultrasound. But our genetic testing results came back today and it was SO HARD to say to the nurse, “no thank you, we don’t want to know the sex just yet.” 

Let’s hear about your symptoms. Where are you at now? Still dealing with mega-bloat and gassiness. Heartburn also started this week. But my nausea and fatigue have let up big time — I’m almost back to normal on both fronts. Except for Sunday night when we were eating roast chicken and I bit into a piece of fat and almost lost it at the dinner table. Good times. Thanks, gag reflex.

And what about maternity clothes? Are you there yet? What do you love? I’m still able to camouflage pretty well in my usual clothes — just no more snug sweaters, and strictly fat pants only. I’m sure in the next few weeks I’ll be hitting you all up for suggestions!

Tell us about your nursery. What are you planning? Have you started? Even though we plan to find out the sex, the nursery will be pretty gender-neutral. I’ve pinned a few cute photos of book-themed nurseries since we’re both bookworms (mobile made of books, art/quotes from favorite children’s stories, etc), but I haven’t made much progress beyond that.

Feel free to include a picture of your bump however existant or non-existant it may be! We haven’t been doing pictures! I guess it’s time to start, before I have anything noticeable. I can’t wait to join you ladies on the bump love thread!

Post # 6
663 posts
Busy bee

How far along are you now? What is your due date? 15 weeks, 2 days – due October 4th

<br />Team Blue, Team Pink, Team Green? Do you know? Are you finding out? Team Blue! So excited to meet my baby boy!

<br />Let’s hear about your symptoms. Where are you at now? Very happy to be over morning sickness now. I’m feeling so much better these days. The first couple months were pretty miserable! My newest symptom is a sensitive gag reflex. I have to be careful when brushing my teeth and swallowing my vitamin – those tend to trigger it! Still having some round ligament pain

<br />And what about maternity clothes? Are you there yet? What do you love? No maternity clothes yet. I’m trying to get away with normal clothes as long as possible! Even then, I’m hoping to buy things like loose/stretchy maxi dresses that I can wear again in the future!

<br />Tell us about your nursery. What are you planning? Have you started? His nursery is going to be light grey, light blue, taupe, and ivory with elephants! We have started! We ordered his furniture and a few other items and decorations.

<br />Feel free to include a picture of your bump however existant or non-existant it may be!

My most recent bump pic is from 14 wks. I’ll be sure to take another soon!

And my son’s latest ultrasound from 10 wks again ๐Ÿ™‚ So looking forward to seeing him again in 3 weeks

Post # 7
663 posts
Busy bee

sostobe:  I also tried to cut back on the diclegis prematurely. Twice actually. So I’m continuing to take it nightly for a little while longer before I try to go off of it again! I really hope your NVP eases up real soon!! Mine seems to be under control now!

brlabrat:  I hear ya on the gag reflex. Same thing happened to me when I bit into a chunk of fat when eating sausage. It triggered my gag reflex. I hate the texture of fat!! *shudder* 

Post # 8
256 posts
Helper bee

ugh so I dont know why I can’t think. I’m 15 weeks and 5 days! 

brlabrat:  the gag is a problem for me too. I work in the medical field and normally don’t get grossed out at all. Recently, it’s been terrible. Blood and body odors are really catching me off guard…

Post # 9
536 posts
Busy bee

How far along are you now?  What is your due date?

14 + 1 days, due October 13th (I think that is going to change to an earlier one)

Team Blue, Team Pink, Team Green?  Do you know?  Are you finding out?  

Team blue! Found out last week ๐Ÿ™‚

Let’s hear about your symptoms.  Where are you at now?  

Less nausea then in the first trimester, but in the last 2 days I completely lost my appetite. I’m never hungry anymore and I’m full instantly. 

And what about maternity clothes?  Are you there yet?  What do you love?  

I can’t zip up my normal pants, so I desperately need maternity ones. I got some new maternity shirts and blouses and I can breathe again ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Tell us about your nursery.  What are you planning?  Have you started?

We ordered the crib and changing table yesterday. It’s colorful and pretty, I can’t wait to see it live. We won’t paint because we moved in and paint the house 1 year ago. It’s a mint green which I love, so I will just play with accessories instead. 

Feel free to include a picture of your bump however existant or non-existant it may be! 

Post # 10
1297 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

sostobe:  sorry can you remove me from the due date list. I had a chemical pregnancy a few days after finding out I was pregnant. I thought I said something on the original thread. I was torturing myself and seeing how everyone else was going and popped in tonight. Hope everyone is going well.

Post # 11
256 posts
Helper bee

My bump today at 15w6d

Post # 12
193 posts
Blushing bee

sostobe:  Thanks for getting this started ๐Ÿ™‚

How far along are you now? What is your due date? 13w4d. Due 10/17/15

Team Blue, Team Pink, Team Green? Do you know? Are you finding out? I have scheduled a u/s at a private gender reveal place for May 3rd …I can’t wait to find out! 

Let’s hear about your symptoms. Where are you at now? I was one of the lucky ones who did not have any MS. I only got naseus a few times. I am plagued with fatigue. I am good until about 130 then I want to nap at work lol

And what about maternity clothes? Are you there yet? What do you love? Yup. I am totally wearing maternity pants. I don’t even fit in my fat pants..well I do but they hurt. These are so much more comfortable. I also bought some comfty bras to wear too . Pre Preggo I was a size small in most blouses and I have been buying size large to hide the bump I have. I am going to tell my boss next week so i don’t have to buy a completely new wardrobe to hide it lol.

Tell us about your nursery. What are you planning? Have you started? This is exactly why I need to know the gender! If its a girl I am doing a mermaid/under the sea room…mint and coral. And if it is a boy it will be harry potter themed.

Feel free to include a picture of your bump however existant or non-existant it may be! I don’t have any pics yet… I have felt ashamed at how fat I am! lol I feel like I look 20 weeks lol But the reason is because I was pregnant last October but had to have a D&C at 12 weeks and then we got PG on the first try after I was healed and I never lost the weight from going throught the first tri last time. Oh well ..just extra weight I will have to lose after but I def look bigger than i shuold be. All that matters is baby is healthy ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 14
336 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

How far along are you now? What is your due date? 15+3, October 3rd

Team Blue, Team Pink, Team Green? Do you know? Are you finding out? Team Green!

Let’s hear about your symptoms. Where are you at now? My boobs grew 2 sizes overnight a couple of weeks ago.  Workouts are getting tough.  I feel like I get winded easily when I’m running and I’ve slowed down considerably.  It feels waaay to early for that but maybe I’m just not remembering from last time?  I have it all documented on dailymile, I should go back and look.

And what about maternity clothes? Are you there yet? What do you love? Haha, yes, I’ve been in maternity pants since about 8 weeks.  I bought my favorite jcrew jeans in a maternity version and I’m loving that it’s 70 degrees now so I can wear my maternity skirts and tanks from my previous pregnancy.  I still feel like I’m in the awkward “is she pregnant or just getting fat?” stage though.  If I try to hide I look fat but if I wear more fitted clothes than I at least think I look normal from behind so I take a small amount of comfort in that!

Tell us about your nursery. What are you planning? Have you started? We definitely haven’t started.  We need to re-finish our basement so we can move my home office stuff down there.  I think we have a contractor picked out but I can’t get my husband to commit to the $$$ so I haven’t hired him yet.  I have to admit I’m a lot less excited about the nursery than I was the first time.

Photo: I can’t get my photo to rotate correctly so I’ll have to post on FB!

sostobe:  thanks for starting the new thread/roll call!

ltj14:  your little guy is so cute!  I can’t get enough of him.

mrsdrdunn:  from the previous thread – I think you could totally be feeling baby kicks!  I think I was only about 16 weeks when I felt them with my previous pregnancy but they were super sporadic.  I just started feeling some movement on Saturday when I was exactly 15 weeks this time.  

Post # 15
141 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: February 2014

Yay! thanks for creating the new thread

ROLL CALL! 

How far along are you now? What is your due date?  13w 4d… due Oct 17th!

Team Blue, Team Pink, Team Green? Do you know? Are you finding out?  We will be finding out for sure!  but I still don’t know if I’ll still be able to do the Harmony test as I was out of the country for 2 weeks and I think 14 weeks is the deadline. If not, I’ll have to wait til our 20w app. 

Let’s hear about your symptoms. Where are you at now? I was also one of the lucky ones that didn’t get morning sickness but the fatigue is no joke! although it has gotten better and I don’t feel as tired and sleepy as before (except for stupid jet lag).  

And what about maternity clothes? Are you there yet? What do you love?  I am deffinetly there but haven’t gotten a chance to buy any just I need to go do some shopping this weekend as my regular jeans are starting to get really uncomfortable.  As for tops, my boobs have grown a little but nothing too crazy yet so I’m still able to wear most of them but we’ll see just how long I can pull that

Tell us about your nursery. What are you planning? Have you started? no, we will probably wait until we know the sex of the little one.  But I agree with some of you on the grey and other color. 

Feel free to include a picture of your bump however existant or non-existant it may be!  I’ll put it up later as I’m at work and most of them are in my phone. But you can start to see the bump, especially at the end of the day. 

The topic ‘October 2015 Mamas – Part 3, Bring on the 2nd Trimester!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors