(Closed) October 2015 Mamas – Part 3, Bring on the 2nd Trimester!

posted 5 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 16
795 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

sostobe:  Yay thank you!! Good roll call!

ROLL CALL! 

How far along are you now? What is your due date?  I am 12w4d, almost to 2nd trimester woot woot!!!   I am due October 24th. 

Team Blue, Team Pink, Team Green? Do you know? Are you finding out? We are team green, this is our first pregnancy and I am super super excited to have that moment in the hospital when Darling Husband gets to tell me what it is πŸ™‚

Let’s hear about your symptoms. Where are you at now?  I am so exhausted, but it is partially my fault because I am definitely overworking myself at work.  BUT, today was really slow so I was able to focus on everything I needed to get done and was able to leave 2.5 hrs early, that will get me below 50hrs this week.. hopefully…  

And what about maternity clothes? Are you there yet? What do you love?  I am in maternity jeans and I love them.  However I noticed and issue with the stitching in one of them have have to return/exchange them… it will probably work out in the store’s favor as I’ll buy more.. lol  The Motherhood Maternity store in my area has such a great collection, I’d wear it all if it wasnt so pricey.

Tell us about your nursery. What are you planning? Have you started?  We have not started, and I don’t know where to start lol… We live in a 2 bedroom apartment and have a year left on our lease (will go to a townhouse next Spring).  The 2nd room is currently literboxes and storage so we are trying to figure out what we will do.  I wish I had the space to do a full nursery decoration, but it will probably be half of that room baby and if you turn around storage bins in the other half.   Eck I have no idea!  thank goodness I have time! lol

Feel free to include a picture of your bump however existant or non-existant it may be! I have one, but it is on my phone, I’ll post my 13 week one on Saturday!

Post # 17
795 posts
Busy bee

Novella:  I updated my google docs list, I am sorry πŸ™  I hope to see you on the baby boards soon!

Post # 19
795 posts
Busy bee

sostobe:  Oh man, we really have had quite the Mama injuries in this group so far, and we aren’t even all in 2nd trimester yet!  Take it easy, back pain is the worst.

Post # 20
1092 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

How far along are you now? What is your due date?

I am 13w3d!

Team Blue, Team Pink, Team Green? Do you know? Are you finding out?

We are team pink! I am so excited as is my family. Darling Husband is getting there. I mentioned on the other thread that Mother-In-Law was convinced it was a boy and that convinced Darling Husband also. 

Let’s hear about your symptoms. Where are you at now?

I still feel a bit nauseous and am pretty tired. I have been getting headaches pretty much every day which is super annoying and I don’t want to take any meds for them. I also have been crampy on and off and have been loving my heating pad for achy muscles.

And what about maternity clothes? Are you there yet? What do you love? 

I have bought some stuff from old navy on sale. The jeans are so comfy. I can still wear my regular jeans with the hair band trick but they get uncomfortable if I wear them all day.

Tell us about your nursery. What are you planning? Have you started? 

I am so excited for this! We will be going with mostly cream, white and gray with some splashes of pink. My taste is generally more neutral and less bright colors. I haven’t started as we are converting our guest room into the nursery and need to clear it all out and paint it. We are starting that in the next few weeks and then I can get going on it!

Feel free to include a picture of your bump however existant or non-existant it may be!

I haven’t been taking bump pics yet but I think I will start once it gets more pronounced.

Post # 21
3263 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: February 2014

I had to search this up. Jeesh I’m terrible about following on here!

How far along are you now? What is your due date? I’m 13w5d. Due October 17th!

Team Blue, Team Pink, Team Green? Do you know? Are you finding out? We were hoping to find out tomorrow with the Harmony-like test but insurance won’t cover it so we’re just getting a regular NT scan. I’m going to ask the tech is she can see anything but for the official answer we’re waiting until 20 weeks.

Let’s hear about your symptoms. Where are you at now? The nausea is still for real, but not nearly as bad. I never got full blown MS, just constant nausea throughout the day that was only helped by eating… most of the time anyway. I’ve had a few times while brushing my teeth and one random time that I’ve thrown up a little bit and that’s happened more now that the nausea is subsiding. Go figure. Still pretty tired.

And what about maternity clothes? Are you there yet? What do you love? I went out and bought some maternity pants a few hours after my first appointment at 7 1/2 weeks, haha. The bloat was terrible uncomfortable. I’ve bought a few shirts since some of mine were getting really short.

Tell us about your nursery. What are you planning? Have you started? Haven’t started yet but we’ll end up with a sort of dusty teal walls and white and maple furniture. My in-laws picked up a crib last year for us knowing at some point we’d want it. I originally wanted white furniture, but since the crib is maple and the dresser is maple, we’re just going to work with it.

Feel free to include a picture of your bump however existant or non-existant it may be! I’m TERRIBLE at taking bump pictures! It’s definitely there. I’m overweight to begin with, but my short torso has made it pretty freaking obvious to people who know. It’s weird looking down and not just seeing boobs but seeing bump too. That’s definitely never happened before. Also weird not being able to suck it in at all. I’m going to attempt to take a picture tonight. 

Post # 22
1246 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

All you ladies with bumps already at 12, 13 weeks! I’m 12w5d, and unless I’m in denial, I don’t think I have one yet. I keep checking my lower belly to see if it’s starting to poke out, but I don’t think it is yet. I definitely have a lot of bloat but I don’t think that counts. (Weirdly I am down about 4-5 lbs since the start of the pregnancy, even without a ton of MS, but I wonder if that’s just my new zero-beer lifestyle, lol) Are you supposed to suck in your belly for a bump picture? How does this work?? haha.

Post # 23
337 posts
Helper bee

im biting the bait and finally joining in! I had a miscarriage last year so I was carefully waiting and I can finally feel ready. 

Due date: October 8th

How many DPO were you when you got your BFP (if you were tracking?): him can’t remember but it was 2/3 days before my period was due.

How long did you try before your BFP? not really trying, I had a miscarriage in October so things were barely starting to get regular for me.

If trying for awhile, what was different this month? N/a

Any symptoms yet? exhaustion, food aversions, bad gag reflexes.

What are you most excited about? carrying to full term and everything!! 

What are you most nervous about? something going wrong that I can’t control

What will you miss most while pregnant? Coffee! I stopped cold and it’s been hard but so worth it. Alcohol!

Who have you told so far? family, a few friends, co workers and supervisors. My husband spilled the beans a lot sooner than I had wanted but it’s kinda obvious and he’s over the moon as so am I!

Post # 24
337 posts
Helper bee

How far along are you now? Iam 15 weeks today πŸ™‚

What is your due date? October 8th 

Team Blue, Team Pink, Team Green? team healthy πŸ˜€

Do you know?Are you finding out? I’ll be finding out during my anatomy scan, all the way until June! I didn’t want to find out but people won’t let me live it down and now I can’t wait to find out hehe

Let’s hear about your symptoms.Where are you at now? exhaustion is subsiding which I’m glad, finally been able to clean! Haha 

And what about maternity clothes? Are you there yet? What do you love? I started maternity clothes since like week 9 lol they are so comfy and I’ve been so bloated!

Tell us about your nursery. What are you planning? Have you started? I haven’t started! We’re moving over the summer hopefully so I’ll have to rush things, yikes!

Post # 25
1092 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

Lulah:  Can you also take me off the 26th? That was my guess date but my dating scan put me at the 18th. Thanks!

Post # 26
193 posts
Blushing bee

sostobe:  So sorry to hear you are in so much pain! I hope you get some relief soon.

Post # 27
141 posts
Blushing bee

sostobe:  that sounds painful! hope you start to feel better soon! 

Post # 28
141 posts
Blushing bee

I had my app yesterday and we got to hear the heartbeat! (kinda bummed we didn’t get an ultrasound though) and the little one kept trying to get away so the nurse had a hard time trying to count the heart rate. But we also found that it is too late to have both the Harmony and the NT scan at this point :/ so the only option we have left is doing the tetra test between 15-18 weeks, which will still look for the trisonomies and spina bifida defects.

I’m also looking to possibly buy a fetal doppler  to make the wait between apps more bearable, so if anyone has any suggestions, I would appreciate it!

Post # 29
256 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

mco06:  I bought the Angel Sounds Doppler off Amazon. It was under $30. It doesn’t have a wand, you have to drag the whole thing across the belly. It works though! I bought mine last week at 15weeks. There was one instance where I couldn’t find the heart beat but you have to be prepared for that and not freak out!

Post # 30
795 posts
Busy bee

cherriesandcream:  Welcome!! I added you to the due date list πŸ™‚

Kir32:  I seemed to have you on both days, I fixed it! πŸ™‚

The topic ‘October 2015 Mamas – Part 3, Bring on the 2nd Trimester!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors