(Closed) October 2015 Mamas! – Part Two

posted 6 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 3
200 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

I’ve never done this before I hope Roll Call for Part 2 means we  all answer it? Or just new people? anyways.. 

How far along are you now and what’s your estimated due date? 7 wk 2 days, due Oct 16th.. not 100% sure through

When is your next appointment? Have you had an ultrasound yet? Our first appt with the midwife is Mar 10th I’ll be just over 8 weeks.  She’ll give me a req for an US then so I’ll have one a few weeks later, it seems like SUCH a long wait!

How are you feeling? Umm ok, it could be worse! Just really really tired and some food aversions or just a generally crappy feeling. 

Will you be finding out sex during pregnancy or at delivery? At delivery hopefully! Just have to get DH on board with that. 

What are your current symptoms? they vary by the day- very tired, sometimes nauseated or just feeling crappy, food aversions

Who knows you’re pregnant? How has telling people gone? My bff, we’ve been sharing out TTC experience, and both sets of parents because my mom figured it out so we had to tell them all. No one else until I’m at least 11 weeks or so (Easter)- then we’ll tell our siblings and very close friends. 

If this is your first pregnancy, has anything suprised you so far about the experience?/ If this is not your first, is there a difference this time around? First pregnancy- I didn’t realize how long it would seem waiting for an appt and US! And how worried I’d be about not having symptoms for the first couple weeks.  

Post # 4
2513 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: February 2015

How far along are you now and what’s your estimated due date?

7w2d – EDD Oct 16th

When is your next appointment?  Have you had an ultrasound yet?

My first appt is Mar 25.  I don’t think I get an ultrasound then. I think it’s just the anatomy scan at 20w, unless we opt for testing.

How are you feeling?

I’m mostly ok.  Very tired, but I did manage to ski and hike this week.  So I’m still getting stuff done.  I have a habit of falling asleep before dinner. I’ve started to have some nausea and a bit of vomitting,  lots of aversions!  Also I have quite the rack now. I’m not far off where I was before my reduction And that is terrifying!  I still have pretty regular cramping. 

Will you be finding out sex during pregnancy or at delivery?

We came to a deal.  If it’s a singleton we wait until delivery.  If it’s twins we are finding out early. I want to know,  he doesn’t.   

What are your current symptoms?

nausea, vomitting, fatigue, huge sensitive boobs,  food aversions, still a bit of bloat (but not nearly as bad as week 5 and 6!)

Who knows you’re pregnant?  How has telling people gone?

Our immediate families know, 2 of my friends and my cousin who guessed.  Everyone is very excited. 

If this is your first pregnancy, has anything suprised you so far about the experience?/ If this is not your first, is there a difference this time around?

How gross I felt right from the start.  And how quickly the changes in your body happen! 

Post # 6
458 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2014

View original reply
Lulah:  How far along are you now and what’s your estimated due date?

9 w today! Edd 4th of October think I miscalculated on 1st thread!

When is your next appointment?  Have you had an ultrasound yet?

24th of March! I’ll have my first u/s then.

How are you feeling?

Like I have turned a corner! I feel great since about 8.5 weeks! Apart from tender boobs and a little tired I feel like myself again!!! Yipeeee!

No we’ll wait but I was just thinking today if it was twins I would find out also! strange!

Just tender boobs a little tired and the usual burping!! Oh and getting up during the night to go toilet!

Who knows you’re pregnant?  How has telling people gone?

Just Dh! We are waiting till the u/s I’ll be 12w2d then. My mother definitely already knows but neither of us are saying it!!

If this is your first pregnancy, has anything suprised you so far about the experience?/ If this is not your first, is there a difference this time around?

How exhausted I’ve been.I’m only now starting to get my energy back after feeling like I’ve been run over for the last 6 weeks!! I think the person that said the first trimester is like having a constant hangover is spot on!<br style=”box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; max-height: 1000000px;” /><br style=”box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; max-height: 1000000px;” /><br />

Post # 7
663 posts
Busy bee

How far along are you now and what’s your estimated due date? 9 weeks! Due October 4th

When is your next appointment? Have you had an ultrasound yet? Next appointment is in one week, March 9th. I’ll be 10 weeks, 1 day. Yes, I had an ultrasound and heard the heartbeat on February 9th, at 6 weeks, 1 day.

How are you feeling? I feel okay, but not great overall. I have good and bad days. I think I’m feeling better as the pregnancy is progressing. Weeks 5-7 were rough.

Will you be finding out sex during pregnancy or at delivery? We will be finding out the sex during pregnancy. We should get to find out this month since we are doing the Harmony test.

What are your current symptoms? Symptoms are varying every few days. Right now I’m feeling hunger, fatigue, needing to pee frequently, acne. I’ve only thrown up once a week on average (because I got too hungry!)

Who knows you’re pregnant? How has telling people gone? Our entire family and closest friends know. Telling people has gone perfectly! I have loved getting to see everyone’s reactions! We told everyone in individual FaceTime/Skype calls. The best one was FaceTiming with our 4 nieces (ages 8, 7, 4, and 2). They were all up in their playroom, and we told them we had a secret to share! So they were all on the screen and we said, “Y’all have a baby cousin on the way!” They started screaming and were so happy! Then they went downstairs to tell their mommy and daddy the news. Everyone has been very supportive and happy for us!

If this is your first pregnancy, has anything suprised you so far about the experience?/ If this is not your first, is there a difference this time around? Not really, I went into this expecting the first trimester to suck and it has! I’m actually relieved that I’m not feeling sicker than I am.

And here is my 6w1d ultrasound pic again ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 8
663 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
Newbie1982:  In response to your comment on the last thread, yeah I’m really thinking that the placenta helping out is making things a little easier!!

View original reply
Lulah:  Don’t feel bad for feeling like a debbie downer!! I was feeling the same way at 6 wks. I was completely miserable and could not eat anything from week 5 to week 6 1/2. I finally started getting my appetite back and feeling somewhat better at 6w3d so I hope you will too!!

Post # 9
2467 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

And a new Roll Call for Part Two!

How far along are you now and what’s your estimated due date? 5 weeks 1 day – due Halloween!

When is your next appointment? Have you had an ultrasound yet? First appointment is March 24th – not sure if I’ll get an ultrasound that day or not – I’m due a week after my doc’s calculated EDD since I ovulated late, so I hope they do a dating ultrasound to confirm my later due date. It would annoy me to go through my entire pregnancy with my official due date wrong by a week!

How are you feeling? Fabulous! Looking forward to another pregnancy and adding a new baby to the family!

Will you be finding out sex during pregnancy or at delivery? During pregnancy. We did the Harmony last time and plan to do the same this time.

What are your current symptoms? Absolutely none. It may still be too early, but my last pregnancy was a breeze – I hope I am equally as lucky this time around!

Who knows you’re pregnant? How has telling people gone? Only my DH knows – we’ll tell parents and close family after our first appointment (so around 9 weeks), and work/the world sometime early in the second trimester. 

If this is your first pregnancy, has anything suprised you so far about the experience?/ If this is not your first, is there a difference this time around? So far the only difference this pregnancy is that I am so much more relaxed! Everything was so new last time, I felt like I was walking on eggshells the entire time, waiting for some disaster to happen. I’m so glad to not have that anxiety this time around – I know something bad could still happen, but I am finding it so much easier to just go with the flow this time!

Post # 10
2467 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
ltj14:  Is your insurance covering the Harmony for you? Ours didn’t last time, so we were supposed to be billed around $800, but then never got a bill – not something I plan on mentioning to the Harmony company!

Post # 11
663 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
bananasareyellow:  My doctor said that insurance will cover it. She said that almost all of her patients elect to have it done. I’ll have to double check because I don’t want to pay an outrageous amount, but that is what she told me! I’m glad there’s someone in here also doing the Harmony ๐Ÿ™‚ how far along were you when you had it last time? I wonder if 11 or 12 week results would more accurate than 10 week

Also, I know how you feel about the due date thing and ovulating late! I ovulated on CD20. My doctor has my due date at Sept 30 (and that’s only because I lied and said my LMP was 2 days later!) even though baby measured with my calculations of an October 4 due date. If I had said my actual LMP my due date would be a week off! Oh well! 

Post # 12
2467 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
ltj14:  When I had the Harmony done, insurance wouldn’t cover it unless I was over 35, had a family history of Downs or other trisomies, or had a history of a previous trisomy pregnancy – none of which applied to me. But maybe it’s different in other states (I was in Virginia) or things have changed in the past year and a half since I had it done! I had the test drawn at 10.5 weeks and got results at 12 weeks – they were accurate for me!

The LMP vs O date thing is so annoying – I’m going to tell the doc what my EDD should be and hope she gives me an ultrasound to prove it! Last pregnancy was very similar to what you experienced – my EDD based on O date was March 4th but it was March 1st based on LMP – they did a dating US which confirmed the March 4th EDD, but then kept my official EDD as the 1st – I ignored them and claimed the 4th as my due date my entire pregnancy. ๐Ÿ™‚ This time I O’d even later, so my EDD will be 7 days off. A week isn’t a big deal in most pregnancies, but if something were to happen requiring a pre-term or post-term delivery, that week difference could alter treatment decisions. Hopefully I get a dating ultrasound and don’t have to worry about it!

Post # 13
663 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
bananasareyellow:  Good to know. I am only 23 and a low risk pregnancy and my doctor still convinced me to have it done. I think these tests are becoming more mainstream now.

I agree on the dating issue. The baby will come whenever it’s ready which is fine, but if it comes down to scheduling an induction or c-section, I will definitely push the issue more. 1 week is a big difference toward the end. I’m really hoping I go into labor naturally and can make it to about 40w! I don’t want to be induced.

That’s a good approach! I wanted to show that I charted, otherwise I would’ve pretended I didn’t know which day my period was exactly, that way they would’ve had to go off U/S ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 14
200 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
sostobe:  
View original reply
Newbie1982:  I think having twins would be surprise enough and I’d want to find out the gender too! Plus we’ve had trouble picking names for a boy and a girl, if we had to have four names ready that may put us over the edge!

View original reply
bananasareyellow:  
View original reply
ltj14:  I also hear ya with the LMP dating! If I went by my LMP I’d be 9 wks today! (I’m only 7wk2d). I guess I could be that pregnant since I haven’t had an US but its very very unlikely. Luckily when I called the midwife she just moved my LMP up so my O date was right. We’ll find out for sure in a couple weeks when I have a US. 

Post # 15
436 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 2010

How far along are you now and what’s your estimated due date?

6 weeks today – October 25th!

When is your next appointment? Have you had an ultrasound yet?

I have an ultrasound scheduled for 3/9 and my first midwife apt is not until 4/6

How are you feeling?

Really good actually! With my daughter I was so sick all the time up until 25 weeks… this time I feel pretty g

Definitley before! I think it really helped me to connect with my daughter before she was born

Tired, stomach ache if I’m hungry, crazy smeller!

Who knows you’re pregnant? How has telling people gone?

Pretty much everyone knows except my  side of the family… my mom is very negative so Im waiting to tell her

As stated previously, I was so sick constantly in my first pregnancy… threw up everything I ate. So far so good in that department.

The topic ‘October 2015 Mamas! – Part Two’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors