(Closed) October 2015 Mamas! – Part Two

posted 6 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 181
2513 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: February 2015

View original reply
kg1185:  Ahhhh!  I love it.  Dumbo!  That was my absolute favourite movie as a kid (OMG, I haven’t even thought of that in decades!)  The elephants are very cool.  I’ve seen a lot of them in my surfing today!  

Post # 182
458 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2014

ohhhh I love owls and elephants!

ive already got 2 prints framed for the room lol one is a tree and the other is this mammy and baby elephant. They are kind of Indian prints. It looks really cool in a cream frame! 

Dh was in finishing off the walls today in the room and we haven’t even had a scan yet opps! We’re doing a kinda aqua and mustard/lemon colour room, like the picture. Even if I have a girl I’m never gonna have a pink room in my house! Ah looking up ideas defo gets me through the tiredness And nausea!

Post # 183
128 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

View original reply
Newbie1982:  love the color scheme!! I really want to use color instead of the really really neutral nurseries I’ve seen lately. They are beautiful but I just see a child getting a marker and going to town on the expensive all white bedding, chairs, cribs, etc! I love the idea of using color and not just pink or blue! Loving your ideas! 

Post # 184
200 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

View original reply
brlabrat:  I’m not really nauseated either just nothing sounds good. And like you, all of a sudden something so weird will sound so good- a few days ago it was a Wendy’s hamburger (which I don’t normally eat!)

View original reply
sostobe:  I could be wrong but I think I saw a study on motherlink about how women on diclectin have smarter babies? Anyway, love that site!

Post # 185
2513 posts
Sugar bee

View original reply
ginmar:  DH sent me that study today!  There was actually only 1 evaluation where the children who’d been exposed to dicletin scored higher, but over most of the evaluations the children who’s mothers experienced NVP did score higher than those children of mothers who didn’t.  The study was a pretty small sample, though…. under 100. 

I love motherisk.  I linked the tylenol page on another baby board I’m on today.  

Post # 186
458 posts
Helper bee

kg1185:  Awh thanks! Yes me too I need some colour! it’s pretty subtle really nothing too crazy! I want to get an old piece of furniture to upcycle like this too, maybe a little free standing closet. Such great plans as I lie in bed and no energy to do anything!

Post # 187
58 posts
Worker bee

Hey all,

looks like some of us had a reprieve and now nausea and MS is back to bite us. So annoying I  really thought I was over the worst of it and the last couple of nights have been pretty crappy meaning im back on medication,  a UK bee aNd the doc gave me metroclopamide hydrochloride. Anyone else suffering from constipation? 

not thinking about nurseries yet as were moving closer to home and atm we live in a pretty shitty one bed flat – can’t wait to get outta here! 

Post # 188
51 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

View original reply
Lulah:  wish i had tips for nausea! mine has been really bad and i’ve tried a lot of things (ginger candy, seabands, etc) but im lucky that it hasnt stopped me from eating … and mine doesn’t include throwing up! 

On the infertility front, having dealt with a lot of announcements over the past two years, including a best friend, i would just say there is really no easy way to do it. know that any negativity isn’t about you- infertility is just a tough hand to be dealt and while women facing it aren’t any less happy for those we love to get what they want, we are equally sad to wake up every day not knowing when or if they will ever get to be a mother… I have seen it push friendships, marriages, people to the breaking point for sure. But I know your sister will be so happy for you in her own way!

IMO, just as a Public Service Announcement, the best things that women facing infertilily can hear are versions of: i know i have no idea what it feels like to be dealing with infertility but i do know that i’m so sorry for all of the pain and hardships you’ve been facing. im proud of you for being so strong and im here for you whenever you want to share anything- good and bad!

i also loved when people checked in and said they were thinking about us just randomly because sometimes you can feel a bit forgetten amid all of the other parents and preggos…

sigh, feeling very grateful to be in this mamas-to-be club now !!!

Post # 189
544 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

View original reply
kg1185:  
View original reply
Neetch:  
View original reply
howtobeawife: 
View original reply
rittenhousenewbee:  
View original reply
Lulah:  
View original reply
LiliKitty:  
View original reply
SoontobeMrs0831:  I have issues sleeping too – though it looks like most of us do! I struggle to fall asleep and have to fight the urge to throw up. Then once I’m out, I’m usually ok until I wake up. Then I need to pee like 3-4 times in a row before I fall back. And while I’m trying to fall asleep, I’ll go pee a bunch of times too. SO frustrating!

View original reply
howtobeawife:  Sorry about the Zofran and its side effects.  Can you take Diclectin/Diclegis instead?

View original reply
howtobeawife:  I couldn’t hear the heartbeat at my first U/S but instead heard it at 10 weeks at my ob appointment using a fetal doppler.  I was worried I wouldn’t be able to and the doctor couldn’t find it right away but eventually we got it and heard it!

Post # 190
544 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

Finally managed to catch up a bit!  I feel like my energy levels are better later on in the week, but after relaxing on the weekends, my body is even more exhausted.  Maybe I actually need to push myself and exercise and get out on weekends versus cuddling up in bed.  I feel like that sets me back for the following week.

View original reply
ltj14:  How’s your MS doing?  Still in the clear?  I haven’t thrown up in a few days but feel the urge when I lie down or after I eat and I’m constantly burping trying to get rid of the gas but scared more will escape. 

Like a lot of the ladies here, I’ve been living on a diet of bagels and jalapeno cream cheese, or salty crakers and herb and garlic cream cheese.  And lots of cheese.  At least that gets some protein in right?  Also alternating some chicken breast subs with the bagels to try to add some veggies and meat.  Poor DH is stuck eating very bland food or fending for himself.  I feel horrible because I enjoy cooking for us but I just can’t handle meat (raw especially) right now.

View original reply
sostobe:  I love owls!  Your finds are super cute.  I already have a pair of canvas prints – one has a message about love and the other about family with baby owls.  I’m hoping to be able to expand off of those for our nursery.

View original reply
kg1185:  Where are those prints from?  Too cute without being childish!

View original reply
cocopops:  Ugh yes.  I was eating dried figs but I just can’t managed to chew them anymore.  I need to find a better solution that I can actually chew and swallow and keep down.  Any suggestions?

Post # 191
2513 posts
Sugar bee

View original reply
pinkfaerie:  I hear you!  I cooked dinner last night for the first time in about a month (now we were away for some of that).  I finally had enough energy and the nausea was under control enough that I was able to cook for DH.  

I definitely feel better when I’ve been doing something.  Once I sit on the couch I’m done.  

Post # 192
458 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
pinkfaerie:  
View original reply
sostobe:  yes I defo agree with the energy thing! This week I’m not allowing myself to sit down until 8.30 pm. I cooked last night Even though I only ate a few mouthfuls. Then I swept the footpath and did some cleaning. By 8.30 I was echausted but no more than I would be if I had sat on my ass from 5pm. I’m getting out walking the dogs for 45 mins too. I’m really conscious when I get home now to keep moving I’m so sick of bring tired!! Still can’t wait for the weekend with no alarm zzzzzzzzz 🙂

Post # 193
663 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

View original reply
pinkfaerie:  My MS is doing ok. I haven’t thrown up in a week which is great. Not much nausea either but sometimes I get the urge to throw up out of no where, just haven’t. I’m still struggling dealing with my extreme hunger!!! It’s just insane how hungry I get and how often. ita just a stark contrast against what I was able to get away with pre pregnancy (2 meals a day and I was fine) I used to skip breakfast now that’s literally not an option or I will get so sick. NOW I absolutely have got to eat something filling every few hours or my stomach bothers me so much. Just the worst hunger pains. Here I am up at 2 am having to eat bc my hunger was keeping me awake! It’s exhausting to keep up with. I am honestly grateful to have this problem over MS, but I wonder if my hunger will chill out at all or if I’m stuck with this the whole 9 months. If so, I think I can expect to gain a lot of weight. :/

I know a lot of you are dealing with being sick and not being able to eat much, but is anyone else dealing with extreme hunger like this? It started in week 7 and now I’m almost 11 weeks. I can’t get through the night without having to wake up to eat, even though I am eating plenty during the day, and just before bed’ the other thing is… A banana is not enough to fill me. im talking like, I’ll eat a burger or some 600 calorie meal and still be hungry. It seems so unhealthy! 

Post # 194
458 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
ltj14:  yes I’m nauseous and hungry! I have so many snacks with me in work! Ppl hopefully think it’s just the post wedding binge out! I’m trying to make healthy choices for example I could have cereal and fruit for breakfast then mid morning more fruit and a yogurt and maybe a cereal bar and then by 12 my stomach is literally making massive hunger noises!! As if I hadn’t eaten at all!! I have a big lunch then if I can cos evenings seem to be worse for me with nausea. But again after being stuffed I feel sioooooooo hungry again within a couple of hours! I don’t wake up hungry but when I’m in bed before I go asleep I can hear my stomach growling and that’s after eating lots all day!! It’s insane cos I’ve put on weight so I know I’m eating enough. Last night I couldn’t finish my dinner but had to have snacks before bed because as well as feeling nauseous I knew I would be starving in bed!  

Post # 195
336 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

View original reply
ltj14:  haha, I think I was up at the same time you were eating a banana and peanut butter! I can’t stop eating. I couldn’t fall back asleep until I ate. 

not to sound like a total hippie but I think your body will tell you what you need during pregnancy so just go with it! 

also I ate a lot when I was pregnant with my son and he’s a huge eater! He’s 16 months and no joke he eats more than my 180# husband. So I blame the babies!

The topic ‘October 2015 Mamas! – Part Two’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors