(Closed) October 2015 Mamas! – Part Two

posted 6 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 391
2513 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: February 2015

Has anyone else started talking names?  We have a list of boys names we both like and will choose from.  But girls names are a complete disaster.  We have almost no common ground. 

Post # 392
193 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
sostobe:  We have had our names picked out for a long time but now that I am actually pregnant I am sort of starting to second guess my choices. For a boy we have Alexander Charles (his mom’s deceased brothers first name and my dads name as the middle name). And for girl I have Victoria Mary. Victoria just came to me and Mary is mom and Grandma’s name. I used to love Natalie and still do. Since the sonogram place I went to gave me a “guess” of girl at 10 weeks we have been throwing around more girl names. I came across Kaylee . I think that is cute. I have a feeling we will end up staying with our original names of Alexander and Victoria though, but who knows!  My SIL said they had a name picked out the whole time and then when the baby was born they changed it.

Post # 393
46 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: January 2017

I’m late (no pun intended) – please add me! πŸ™‚

I:

Due date: 10/21/15

How many DPO were you when you got your BFP (if you were tracking?): 14! (got a line the day of my missed period)

How long did you try before your BFP?:  I wasn’t sure I was able to conceive, so we went about our business as usual, but were very pleasantly surprised! 

If trying for awhile, what was different this month?: nothing!

Any symptoms yet?: gas of death, indigestion, random pinching pains, inexplicable cravings for terrible foods like Hot Pockets

What are you most nervous about?: not fitting into my favorite clothes

What are you most excited about?: buying new clothes!

What will you miss most while pregnant?: BEER AND WINE AND RAW MEAT

Who have you told so far?: immediate family & a few close friends know, official annoucement goes out after 1st trimester screening apt next week

Include a picture of your BFP if you want! oh nooo that’s ok πŸ™‚

II:

How far along are you now and what’s your estimated due date? 11 weeks today!

When is your next appointment? Have you had an ultrasound yet? 12 weeks, and I had a TV US at 7 weeks

How are you feeling? BLEH!

Will you be finding out sex during pregnancy or at delivery? we will find out at delivery πŸ™‚

What are your current symptoms? worst ones now are indigestion & that constant feeling of having puke just sit at the top of your throat πŸ™

Who knows you’re pregnant? How has telling people gone? everyone’s been surprisingly supportive! I’m embarassed to admit that I was slightly ashamed at first to share the news, since we aren’t married yet, but we’ve been together longer than some married couples, and fiance’s a part of the family, so no negative opinions have been voiced so far/

If this is your first pregnancy, has anything suprised you so far about the experience?/ If this is not your first, is there a difference this time around? this is my first, and I was honestly surprised at how gross being pregnant feels! Being constantly burpy / achy / sleepy is so not fun- I’m looking forward to my 2nd trimester!

Post # 394
3263 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: February 2014

View original reply
sostobe:  I feel like we’re the exact opposite. We can think of names we like for girls but nothing for boys except a potential middle name and definitely no solid “If it’s a girl this will be her name” sort of names liked. DH wants to know the sex asap so we can discuss names.

Post # 395
1092 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

View original reply
sostobe:  We were looking at names quite a bit the first few weeks but we both got overwhelmed. We have pretty much stopped until we find out the gender (which we should know in about a week). We also both decided that we will probably pick 3 or 4 names and then pick the actual name once we meet him/her.

Post # 398
115 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
sostobe:  Our girl name is set, Carolina Isabel, but we could NOT agree on boy names for the life of us! DH is hispanic so we need names that work in Spanish and English, but we don’t like many spanish male names, we finally settled on Javier. It is more my husband’s name, but I think it will grow on me. I am just so white and blonde that walkng around with a baby named Javier sounds almost comedic!

Post # 399
908 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

We’re pretty set on our name for a boy, and we have it down to a few final contenders for a girl. But I’m kind of worried about committing to a name and then having a baby that doesn’t feel like that name belongs to them, if that makes sense.

Also, god am I tired. Does this exhaustion lift a bit in the second trimester for any of you? No matter how much sleep I get I’m still dragging at work.

Post # 400
193 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
Neetch:  My doctor said the fatigue should subside a bit in the 2nd tri. Im 11w5d now and  thought my exhaustion was started to let up this week because every single day after lunch I just want to sleep for the rest of the day, and I did not feel like that  Mon/Tue, but yesterday it was back. I have been able to stay up past 830 now so in some ways it is getting better. I also blame it on the fact that I have completely cut out caffeine. I just hate being so tired all time. By the time I get home I jsut want to lay in bed and have no desire to cook so I blame the weight gain on me being a lazy cook at home lol

Post # 401
51 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

View original reply
sniques:  me!!! also having twins but fraternal. i am due Oct. 4th so about 13 weeks now.

i keep telling people we are thrilled and terrified, lol, but actually now that we’ve gotten used to the news (found out at 6 weeks), i can’t imagine having just one! really excited!

here is our NT ultrasound from 11.5 weeks. twin A is facing front, hence the demon face, and not sure what B is doing …

US

Post # 402
2513 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: February 2015

View original reply
Neetch:  I’m nearing then end of 11w and the fatigue has started to lift.  I am starting to feel a bit more like myself again!  Hang in there.  It has to get better…. right? 

Post # 403
256 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

View original reply
Neetch:  I’m 14 weeks and I feel like myself. If I didn’t have a bump, I wouldn’t  know I was pregnant.  I have energy again and can stay up after work.  I am doing housework again.  I was barely making it through a work day (7:30-5) from weeks 6-9.  I would come home, eat dinner, and fall asleep on the couch… It was making me miserable, along with the nausea. 

Post # 405
256 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

View original reply
Lulah:  yeah, I was feeling pretty down about being so tired all the time. I was also trying to get a project done for work and it was difficult. I usually don’t have trouble keeping it all together but I was doing the bare minimum at work and at home…my husband was great but I was too early to tell coworkers so that was hard…

I’m due 10/1! It’s getting real! Had my NT scan and first trimester screen and all looks great! I have to stop freaking out about every little thing though. Baby’s HR was 170 at my check up yesterday and I’m worried it’s too high! My OB was not really concerned but said it should come down soon. Baby kept moving away from the Doppler…

The topic ‘October 2015 Mamas! – Part Two’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors