(Closed) October 2015 Mamas! – Part Two

posted 6 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 406
125 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: February 2015

View original reply
akbanana:  yay! another october twin mama! congrats!

View original reply
LiliKitty: I pmed you my facebook πŸ™‚

Post # 407
3263 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: February 2014

View original reply
mrsdrdunn:  My baby’s heart rate is in the 170’s and kept moving away from the doppler! So cute. It does seem high but my doctor wasn’t concerned either. I have my NT scan on the 17th and of course being a worry wort I’m concerned something is wrong even though I have no reason to believe anything would be.

View original reply
sniques:  Sent you a friend request and PM’d you back with my real name so you know it’s not some random trying to friend you! Haha.

Post # 408
200 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

View original reply
mrsdrdunn:  I was concerned about that too! The tech said the baby was ‘really good’ for the measurements but then when my husband came into the room it was flipping all around and the heartbeat was 170-174. I’m curious to see what FHR is on the report because it’ll be from when the baby was laying still. She said it was a good heartbeat and wasn’t concerned at all! 

Post # 409
24 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2013

Hi Bees! I am loving following along with everyone’s updates and progress. I finally had my first doctors appointment this week and an ultrasound today. Turns out I am 11+5 so my EDD is now October 20. it feels so much more real now after seeing it! here is a little pic of the little bean waving 

• This reply was modified 5 years, 8 months ago by  bridget2727.
Post # 410
2513 posts
Sugar bee

View original reply
LiliKitty:  I get the baseless fears!  I think I was so worried about a molar pregnancy that I was actually surprised to see it was a baby!  That’s ridiculous!  I hope the NT scan brings you some peace!  I have mine next Friday.  

So I think we’ve almost settled on names… Rebecca Ann if its a girl (after my grandmother and his mother)  nn will be Bex.  And Connor for a boy, with either William or James as the middle names.  We’ve been pretty set on Connor from day one.  They’ll both work well with our very Irish last name.  

Post # 412
3263 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: February 2014

View original reply
bridget2727:  Hi baby! Love that picture!

View original reply
sostobe:  Both those names work very well with your last name! I really like them! Good choices. Our last name is actually Scottish so we’re trying not to sound overly Irish with our name ideas but Connor has come up a couple times.

Post # 413
128 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

I have been following facebook a lot more than weddinbee so I had to catch up, but I can’t think of a girls name for the life of me.  I already have my boys name picked out (Nathan) still up in the air on the middle name, but when I told everyone the girl name I liked everyone just sort of blank stared at me and then told me they didn’t like it πŸ™ It was raegan.  But now I feel like I should reconsider since my mom was the only one who liked it and husband was “okay” with it.  I think at this point I am going to wait on my harmony results to come back before I stress about coming up with a girls name.  I have plenty of time either way! 

Post # 414
200 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

View original reply
sostobe:  
View original reply
kg1185:  Love those names! <br /><br />

We have our names picked out, but I think we should probably have two for each sex just in case! (We aren’t finding out). Finding another boy name is going to be difficult we only agree on this one so far! Good think we have some time! 

I forget whose doing the board but can you change my due date to Oct 14th? That’s what the US says, so I’m two days further than I thought, yay!

Post # 417
2513 posts
Sugar bee

View original reply
Lulah:  I hear you.  I am probably going to be pushed back to 10/20.  I liked where I was!  As soon as I told one coworker she said “Oh, you’ll go on Halloween.”  That’s 11 days!  That’s nuts.  One of my other coworkers announced that she’s due a couple of days before me (the baby train that is our workplace continues!)  It’ll be nice to have someone to go along side this with.  We aren’t super close, but she’s a nice girl, so this might be awesome. 

Post # 418
142 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

Hey ladies!  I’m new/late to this board but wanted to say hi and officially roll-call now that I’m feeling a bit more confident about this pregnancy! 

Due date:  Well, they haven’t really said but I think sometime near the end of October (see below!) 

How many DPO were you when you got your BFP (if you were tracking?):  We had to do IVF so we were definitely very “in the loop” but it was 5 days after a 5-day embryo transfer (essentially 10dpo for all you non-IVF peeps!) 

How long did you try before your BFP?  19 months (I was seeing an RE since June 2014)

If trying for awhile, what was different this month?  First cycle of IVF and injectable meds

Any symptoms yet?  Definitely feeling nauseous and having a lot of food aversions.  Bloating, trouble sleeping, and getting up to pee every night! 

What are you most excited about?  Well, we found out we are having TWINS!!!  So to go from infertility to 2 babies is a very exciting prospect. 

What are you most nervous about?  Something bad happening, especially since it has taken us so long to get to this point. 

What will you miss most while pregnant?  I’ll miss sushi, rare steaks, and summer drinking!  I’ll also miss many of the pieces in my cute wardrobe

Who have you told so far?  Parents, siblings, boss, and a few close friends

Include a picture of your BFP if you want! 

II

How far along are you now and what’s your estimated due date?  I’ll be 9 weeks this week….if it was a singleton, I’d be due 11/11, but my RE said I’d deliver by 37.5 weeks so I’m guessing the October thread is the best place for me  (maybe put me down as Oct 25?  I might be able to update this after my appts this week!)

When is your next appointment? Have you had an ultrasound yet?  Thursday (OB.GYN) & Friday (last RE appt!)

How are you feeling?  Pretty good for the most part…the nausea started less than 2 weeks ago so I’m hoping it will subside.  It is lessened by working out and eating small snacks constantly!  If something sounds good, I just go for it! 

Will you be finding out sex during pregnancy or at delivery?  Not sure.  We totally wanted to be Team Green, but with twins we might find out.  We’ll see! 

How has telling people gone?  People have been suuuper excited for us, especially bc most of the ppl we have told know that we struggled and had to do IVF.  It’s nice to have people that are so happy for us! 

If this is your first pregnancy, has anything suprised you so far about the experience?/ If this is not your first, is there a difference this time around?  First-ever pregnancy.  I’m surprised how NORMAL I feel a lot of the time.  The fatigue that everyone talks about in the first trimester is unreal though! 

View original reply
akbanana: & @sniques :  Hi fellow twin-mamas!!!  So excited to see some other twin moms on the Oct Board…I’m also having fraternal twins! 

Post # 419
125 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
lillieb33:  congratulations on the twins! So glad after all those months of waiting you are blessed with two buddles of joy!

View original reply
Lulah:  I hear you being attached to October…I am actually having momo twins (still hoping that they will find a membrane seperating them making me mo-di)…..in which case I have to go inpatient at 25 weeks…and deliver between 32-34 putting me in August/September…I am so attached to October though πŸ™ 

View original reply
kg1185:  I like Raegan! People are always going to give you a hard time! Go with your gut! My name is jennica and so many people told my mom it sounded weird…but I love it and get so many compliments on it too! 

View original reply
sostobe:  Yay the irish names! I love Conner…my husband I always said that if we had a son it would be Nolan! I think it goes so well with his last name…but now we are having two and I am all thrown off! We talked about Nolan so much before we were pregnant feels wrong giving one the name and not the other….and if they are girls its even tougher…we were going to do Charlene (his mom is Cheryl and my mom is Arlene) and call her Charlie…now with twins how could we give one a name with so much meaning and pick another random name for the other…too bad they are identical so i wont be having one of each

• This reply was modified 5 years, 8 months ago by  sniques.
Post # 420
2513 posts
Sugar bee

View original reply
lillieb33:  welcome and congratulations! 

View original reply
sniques:  irish names for a half irish baby! πŸ™‚ 

So I’m at the fracture clinic for my foot.  They are rebreaking it and resetting it. I’m not a happy camper. And the orthopedic  surgeon pissed  me right off. When she found out I was 12w  she says ‘oh still very very early then’ it just set me on edge. I don’t care that it’s still the first tri. 

The topic ‘October 2015 Mamas! – Part Two’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors