(Closed) October 2015 Mamas! – Part Two

posted 6 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 421
1245 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

Ack, sorry to be so absentee! I’ve been much better about Facebook than the actual board, but I’ve been following along and just wanted to say hi, all πŸ™‚

View original reply
LiliKitty:  lol we sometimes refer to ours as the “love gobin.” Just seems to fit. 

View original reply
sostobe:  We’re talking names too! It has been quite a process. My husband has a super unusual (and not very attractive) last name, and I was telling him the other day that since I never changed my own name after marriage, I never had to go through that acceptance stage of dealing with it, lol, so now I’m processing it for our child. (Poor husband. He is a good sport.) NOTHING GOES with his last name! I think our mutual frontrunner for a girl right now is Cordelia, although Penny (I had posted about that on FB) is still high on the list. For boys, I’m leaning toward Leo, I think DH likes Alex. We will figure something out, but until then, it’s struggle city!

View original reply
fyrFlower:  
View original reply
lillieb33:  Welcome, mamas! πŸ™‚

Post # 422
1245 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
kg1185:  I think Nathan and Raegan are adorable πŸ™‚

View original reply
sostobe:  Love those names! Connor is just awesome. Makes me think of Highlander — good association!

View original reply
sniques:  I love the meaning of Charlene for your family, and Charlie for a girl is just so stinkin cute.

Post # 423
2513 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: February 2015

View original reply
brlabrat:  LOL!  I love Alex.  Leo is great too.  And both Cordelia and Penny are sweet and not super common but still traditional and feminine.  

View original reply
sniques:  Could you come up with an equally meaning name for the other twin?  It’s tough, but there’s still time.  And then leave it up to them – first named gets Nolan/Charlene, 2nd born gets the other name.  My mum is a fraternal twin.  They were going to name the baby after my great papa (George/Gerorgina.)  Well, when she delivered twins (the doctors knew, but didn’t tell my Nana until Baby A was born) they had to come up with a second name.  So my mum is Jacqueline after her father (Jack.) Both names are equally special.  Her name was just a last minute addition.  (And my mum alwasy says she’s so happy she was Baby B.  She hates her sister’s name!  My aunt loves it.) 

Post # 424
142 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

View original reply
sniques:  Thank you so much!  Wow, I had no idea about the mo-mo twins and the possibility of having to go inpatient at 25 weeks.  I think you should stay on the October board πŸ™‚ …  I didn’t even know which board to join initially since we kinda knew twins would be a possibility.  Best of luck! 

View original reply
sostobe:  Thanks!  Gosh, some doctors have NO bedside manner….wth! 

Post # 425
142 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

View original reply
brlabrat:  Thank you for the warm welcome πŸ™‚

@kg1185: I have a sibling named Nathan and I think the name Reagan is pretty as well…I knew someone by that name and have a friend who named her daugther that.  I don’t think it’s really that out there.  People just seem to have an opinion on every name, so I’m adamant on not sharing any of ours with close family/friends! 

Post # 426
8 posts
Newbee

View original reply
Lulah:   Please change me to the 27th October .. Hope this baby is born in October now and doesn’t become and November baby.

Post # 427
2513 posts
Sugar bee

How is everyone feeling?  Is the MS and fatigue still hanging on?  Has anyone started to get relief?  

I haven’t thrown up in a week.  I’m still on the meds, but I feel pretty good as long as I take them every 4 hours.  Fatigue seems to come and go now.  Some days I have lots of energy, other days I need a nap. I’m still sleeping a lot at night!

Post # 428
3263 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: February 2014

View original reply
sostobe:  Ugh. I made a terrible, terrible mistake two nights ago by saying I hadn’t felt nauseous all day except for a couple minutes just before lunch. Then 20 minutes later, raging nausea flooded me. I was almost good all day yesterday except for a few bouts, including last night after dinner, but didn’t dare say anything. Today? Nausea is back with a vengence. I just feel very fortunate I haven’t hurled except for a handful of times from brushing my teeth.

Post # 429
1245 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
sostobe:  Glad to hear your MS is going away! My nausea dropped off a couple of weeks ago (knock on wood — sorry to hear yours came back, 
View original reply
LiliKitty!), but the fatigue struggle is still very real. I do feel more energetic than I did during weeks 5-10, but I’m not back at 100% yet. 

AFM, I had the nicest dream last night that I was in my 20 week scan and got to see the baby. In my dream, it was a little girl (totally my hidden bias, I feel way more prepared to raise a girl than a boy, lol). And a few nights ago, I had a very sweet dream about breastfeeding. I had been having super vivid dreams for most of the pregnancy so far, but these were the first two vivid dreams about actual babies and not just chaotic dream stuff or miscarriage nightmares. I guess since hearing the heartbeat last week, this whole pregnancy thing has suddenly felt so much more real and I feel like I’m starting to bond with the idea better. I like it! Has anyone else had “baby” dreams?

Post # 431
51 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

View original reply
lillieb33:  welcome & congrats! my fraternal twins are also a blessing of a long journey through infertility (we had not quite gotten to IVF) – it is exciting and strange to be out of the TTC group and into pregnancy. mine will probably come mid-Sept. since i am due Oct 4th but i have just stuck with the (awesome) october board since the beginning! so far i think all of my symptoms have been worse because of the twin factor but then again i’ve never done this before so i have nothing to compare it to!

Post # 432
663 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

View original reply
brlabrat:  Oh my gosh yes!! So sweet! I had the absolute best, sweetest baby dream ever last week! I meant to tell y’all about it! It was so vivid and detailed! I saw my son and he was the most beautiful and perfect baby I ever laid eyes on. I was already so in love! In my dream he had brown hair and blue eyes like his daddy. (my actual guess is that he will get my hazel eyes!) I also saw him later as a toddler and his hair was blonde like mine was when I was little. I also remember breastfeeding him in my dream and it was perfect – he was so good at it! Best dream ever!! I was in such a good mood when I woke up πŸ™‚

For the ones not on FB, I had my 14 week appt today and heard baby boy’s heart beat and it was 160 bpm  πŸ™‚ next appt is the 18 week anatomy scan!

Post # 433
2513 posts
Sugar bee

So I’ve become obsessed with watching ‘one born every minute’ on youtube.  The UK version is on youtube, full episodes.  

I’m sitting here bawling.  Some of them are just so great.  

Post # 434
3263 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: February 2014

View original reply
sostobe:  I’m not alone! I’m about to watch Tuesday’s episode right now.

Post # 435
2513 posts
Sugar bee

View original reply
LiliKitty:  Haha! YAY!  I’m not alone.  I seriously watch the episodes back to back to back! 

The topic ‘October 2015 Mamas! – Part Two’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors