(Closed) October 2015 Mamas! – Part Two

posted 6 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 436
128 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

View original reply
sostobe:  Is it only on youtube or does it come on tv?

Post # 437
2513 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: February 2015

View original reply
kg1185:  The UK version is on channel 4 there.  I don’t know if its available in the US/Canada.  I know we did get the US version here for a while, but I haven’t seen it in years.  I’m not sure if its still on in the US or not.  

Post # 438
256 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

Hi ladies! Question? I think I’m feeling baby move! I feel a fluttering for a second or two, always on my left… Is it too early to feel it? I’m 15 weeks so I guess it’s possible. I’m a first timer so I’ve never experienced this before. 

Post # 439
2513 posts
Sugar bee

So at 12w3d  our measurement was 2.1.  I think we are going to come back in a higher risk category and we’ll be of erred further testing.  We had already been on the fence about just paying for the blood work (harmony or similar) out of pocket.  So this just forced our decision.   We’ll go for it.   I’m not concerned yet. I know this is one bit of a number of considerations, but she took the readings a number of times and then at the end went back to redo them.   All were within 2.1 to 2.3. She wrote 2.1 down on the final form.  I could tell she didn’t like the first set she took. 

Every thing else looks great. Heart  rate was 160. Pickles was clapping and kicking away.  Mooned us again. Just like last time. It was do neat to see the change from almost 2 weeks ago. 

Post # 440
535 posts
Busy bee

Hello ladies! I was away from the bee for a while due to some health issues and I see there’s a part two of the October Mamas. I’ll roll call right now. Oh, and I’m having a baby boy ๐Ÿ˜€

How far along are you now and what’s your estimated due date?

14 weeks, due October 13th

When is your next appointment? Have you had an ultrasound yet?

April 30th. I’ve already had 4 ultrasounds.

How are you feeling?

I was very sick throughout the first 12-13 weeks and then it began to decrease a little. I’m still on medication for hyperemesis gravidarum, but I feel much better now and I’m starting to eat well ๐Ÿ™‚

Will you be finding out sex during pregnancy or at delivery?

I already did a few days ago. It’s a boy!

What are your current symptoms?

A little nausea, sleepy and hungry

Who knows you’re pregnant? How has telling people gone?

I made the announcement on facebook on Friday

If this is your first pregnancy, has anything suprised you so far about the experience?/ If this is not your first, is there a difference this time around?

I wasn’t expecting to be so sick, truth be told. I also didn’t know much about babies, so I was surprised about a lot of things :))

Post # 441
65 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

View original reply
Lulah:  gah…my doctor moved me to October 15, based on my last scan.  Is there a fb group?  i think I would follow it better. 

Post # 442
193 posts
Blushing bee

I am pretty good at following here at WB but I would like to join the FB group now. I feel more comfortable now at 13.5 weeks ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 443
1039 posts
Bumble bee

I’m waiting to get past the first trimester – my follow-up OB appt with an U/S and the NT scan are scheduled for tomorrow..I’ll be 12 weeks on Thursday.

I’m hoping that everything goes well – it’s been 4 weeks since my last appt and I’m really excited but also pretty nervous!

Post # 444
1092 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

We got our harmony test results back and they came back the lowest the center sees for down syndrome and we found out we are having a girl! I am very excited but DH I think is having some gender dissapointment. I completely understand as I was hoping for a girl but it’s tricky as he doesn’t seem as excited talking about names and stuff. 

Post # 445
2513 posts
Sugar bee

I thought since I was at 13 weeks I’d drop down to 1 diclectin every 6 hours.  That was not a good idea.  The vomiting came roaring right back.  Obviously the meds were doing more than I thought they were to keep it at bay.  

I am so sick of nausea and vomiting.  And now the acid reflux and heartburn have started. 

I’m totally having a pity party today.

Post # 446
128 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
Kir32:  Congrats on the girl!! I know a few Husband’s who had gender disappointment with a girl, but once she is here he won’t ever believe he felt that way.  I really think the opposite sex always forms a closer relationship.  Especially since men tend to be “manly” with their sons once they reach a certain age, but with little girls, being affectionate never seems to fade.  At least thats how my relationship was with my dad.  He will come around!  We are having a girl too! I am so excited!! 

Post # 447
128 posts
Blushing bee

Did anyone’s appetite kick up starting in the 2nd trimester?  I am a little over 13 weeks and am starting to feel like the bottomless pit that never gets full.  I am trying to eat healthy since I know I will turn around a be hungry again in like an hour.  I just wish I could be full.

Post # 448
1092 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

View original reply
kg1185:  Thank you and congrats to you too! I know he will come around and we just found out a few days. I think part of it is also that me and my mom and sisters have a very close bond and can be loud and hyper when we are all together so he is just foreseeing more of that! It also doesn’t help that my Mother-In-Law has been saying for years that we will have a boy first and I think he got a bit attached to that idea. 

And I get extremely hungry to the point of feeling nauseous and then can’t find anything that I want to eat (except donuts which I never wanted before and now crave everyday). I’m a little over 13 weeks too!

Post # 449
535 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
SoontobeMrs0831: 
View original reply
dabellabell:  

I can add you to the facebook group, just give me your facebook id in a private message ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 450
1245 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

View original reply
rittenhousenewbee:  Hope your appointment goes great tomorrow, thinking of you!

View original reply
Kir32:  Great news about your Harmony results, and congrats on baby girl! I am sure your husband will come around before long (nevermind when he meets her, he’ll be over the moon!) and I hope you guys can share the excitement sooner rather than later!

We got our NIPT results today too (different brand than Harmony but same test) — low risk across the board! We are not quite Team Green but wanted to wait and find out the sex of the baby at our next ultrasound, so we’ve got another 8 weeks to go before we get that news. Seems like an eternity, but I’m on cloud 9 just knowing baby is developing well so far! 

In other news, possibly Too Much Information, I went in this morning to get checked out for a possible yeast infection (yup, sure thing — pregnancy is so glamorous!) and the doc prescribed diflucan. I didn’t think to ask about safety while I was in the office, but I looked it up later on the FDA website and saw that it’s category C or D, depending on use (C in my case). I sent the doc a message voicing my concern and asking if there are any other alternatives but haven’t heard back yet. I hate to be that patient who second-guesses her doctor based on advice from the Google School of Medicine, but I also have never seen this particular doctor before. (My practice has 7 OBs, and they rotate on-call duty so there is no guarantee you’ll get your regular doc for delivery. So for my recent appointments I’ve started rotating docs so that I at least meet everyone once or twice before my due date — the downside is that it feels a little disorienting to have to get to know so many doctors!)

Sorry that this was so long, just wanted to sound off about my worry over the diflucan. Has anyone else had a yeast infection treated during the first trimester? 

The topic ‘October 2015 Mamas! – Part Two’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors