(Closed) October 2015 Mamas!

posted 6 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 436
663 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

Welcome to all the new mamas! 

View original reply
Ms.Bookworm:  that’s such a neat story, congratulations! So happy that IUI worked for you!!

AFM, 8w2d today, and threw up again earlier ๐Ÿ™ not bad though, getting to go a week without it happening. Once again it was my fault for letting myself get too hungry. I do experience mild nausea throughout the day, but the two days I threw up it was because my stomach was just very unhappy with me for being hungry, and I just all of a sudden had a need to throw up (no nausea with it, just stomach pain and contractions) I’ve just been feeling awful overall though with no energy so I hadn’t had energy to grocery shop, finally did tonight though – spent $500 on groceries (ouch!!) but now we’re totally stocked up so no excuse to go hungry and I should have no problem with food options!!!

Hunger has just been a huge thing since week 7, I wake up every single morning at 5 am and have to eat immediately (I’m keeping snacks at my nightstand) or else I’ll get sick. Also get up 3-4x a night to pee which is slightly annoying but manageable! I’m also sleeping a ton and nap every single day!

Next appt is in 2 weeks I’ll be 10w1d and I’m planning to get the harmony done then! Looking forward to hearing baby’s heartbeat again ๐Ÿ™‚

We told all of our family and best friends the news last week, just waiting a few more weeks to announce to the world (Facebook)

Question for you second time moms – any suggestions on lotions/creams to use every day to help prevent stretch marks? I want to buy something good but there’s just too many lotions out there to choose from! What do you like?

• This reply was modified 5 years, 9 months ago by  ltj14.
Post # 437
193 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
Newbie1982:  The private U/S place near where I live will not take you until at least 8 weeks, but you have to have already seen a doctor before you go there. Unless you are doing a gender reveal its only $35 per visit and they give you the pictures. That is cheaper than at the doctors office (at least for me) lol I have a feeling I may be going there a lot lol

Post # 438
2838 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

View original reply
smartandcute2boot:  

ROLL CALL

Due date: According to an online calculator, October 20! (Which is also our 3rd anniversary!) But my cycles run a little long, so I’m actually wondering if it won’t be a week after that once the doctor measures the baby.

How many DPO were you when you got your BFP (if you were tracking?): I wasn’t tracking anything but the number of cycle days each month.

How long did you try before your BFP? We are blessed that it only took us four cycles!

If trying for awhile, what was different this month? Actually, I really thought I was out this month because our schedules were busy and we didn’t BD every other day like we had the month before. But obviously we still hit the right timing!

Any symptoms yet? I’ve had a few waves of nausea and cramps. I also had all my typical PMS symptoms before my BFP: acne, acute sense of smell, and cramps. So only the nausea is new.

What are you most excited about? I’m really excited to watch my husband be a daddy.

What are you most nervous about? Truthfully, I’m worried about my weight. I am at the very cusp of the “overweight” BMI number already. I am really nervous to gain pregnancy weight on top of it all. I wish I had dieted harder the last few months.

What will you miss most while pregnant? Not be nauseated all the time ๐Ÿ™‚

Who have you told so far? We have informed our close family and friends – i.e. the ones we would tell if (God forbid) we lost the baby.

Include a picture of your BFP if you want!

Thursday night:

20150219_1940581

Then we got a negative one Friday morning (no picture)!  Then while waiting for the doctor’s blood test results on Friday, I got antsy and I took this:

20150220_121305

Post # 439
1102 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: City, State

So I FINALLY got my ultrasound results (from 13 days ago!!!!) and I am actually a week behind what we had originally calculated, so as of today I am 7 weeks 5 days, not 8 weeks 5 days… which means my due date changes to October 9!

Post # 440
401 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2011

View original reply
ltj14:  I used Burt’s Bees Belly Butter with DD and liked it. I don’t know if it’s really the reason or not but I didn’t end up with any stretch marks from my first pregnancy, and plan to use it again.

Post # 441
336 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

View original reply
ltj14:  I didn’t get any stretch marks the first time around and I didn’t use any lotions but I really focused on my diet.  A lot of healthy fats, DHA supplements, vitamins A, E & C.  I feel like people always focus on taking care of skin from the outside and forget that it’s actually the largest organ and you need to take care of it from the inside as well.  

I also think genetics has a lot to do with it too!

Post # 442
458 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2014

Ugh girls baaaaad day today!

firstly I nearly cried because I asked for no butter  on my sandwhich And she put butter on it!

then I found out a girl in work has chickenpox!!!!! Rang my mother in a panic because one of the first questions my doctor had asked me on my first appountment was had I had chicken pox when I was a child. Anyway my mother couldn’t remember!  So my doctor has the labs checking my bloods now to see if I’m immune ugh

and lastly some ppl in my company got made redundant today. I don’t love my job but was hanging on cos the maternity benefits are excellent and I earn good money. I’m panicking now if I lose my job how hard it will be for us financially. And how I won’t get as long as I expected for maternity leave as I would need to go back to work sooner.

then DH is just so laid back, he was like sure what can you do?! 

I freaked and started crying. Feeling super stressed. Everything feels so much more important now that I know I have to look after my bean.  If it was just me to worry about I wouldn’t care. 

Post # 443
141 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: February 2014

View original reply
bananasareyellow: hahaha that makes me feel better. Twins run in my family so I started freaking out because I though they were high. I’m going again today and we’ll see how much they are doubling.

View original reply
Lulah:  I bet it will feel like a long time but it will be worth it at th end. I called yesterday to make an app for a us and fraked out as they had an app for that same day and I wans’t prepared for that, so I had to push it back to Thrusday lol. 

Is anyone else spotting? I’ve been spotting since late last week and it comes and goes and ranges from brown to red. I know my Dr said it’s normal but I still worry :/

Post # 444
3263 posts
Sugar bee

View original reply
mco06:  I’m spotting too. For just over a week now!  Almost consistently light brown but I did have watery pink one time and watery red two times. It also seems to go from barely anything to definitely there. It’s concerning, of course, but I’m trying not to fret over it too much. I’m just counting down the days until my U/S on Monday.

Post # 445
128 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

I have a weird thing going on with me and wanted to see if anyone else was being like this.  I am so overly affectionate right now.  Not that I am never affectionate, but right now I feel like it’s over the top.  I can not get enough affection from my husband and dogs.   All i want to do is love on them.  Anyone else feeling this way or am I going a little crazy? 

Post # 446
115 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
kg1185:  I have been grumpy with my hubby and dogs (even though both are wonderful), but I do get weird attractions when I am preggo. Last time I was in love with this bearded guy Frank on How To Get Away With Murder, and when I was watching the Voice last night, I decided I was in love with Pharrell. Weird, I know, but for real, I get serious TV crushes when preggo.

Anyone having super senses yet? My sense of smell went crazy today! I could smell a jar of salsa from accross a room, and I could smell those tiny hershey bars when they weren’t even opened. I’m always catching my poor students munching in class because I can SMELL the food from accross the room. Also, another teacher cleaned their room with disinfectant and it almost made me vom. Super fun stuff.

Post # 447
795 posts
Busy bee

deleted: updated the list, but its not copy and pasting right ๐Ÿ™‚

• This reply was modified 5 years, 9 months ago by  Lulah.
Post # 448
795 posts
Busy bee

October 1st smartandcute2boot, daisybee90, mrsdrdunn

October 2nd pinkfaerie, misshollinger

October 3rd Twiglets, Newbie1982, traceyjoy

October 4th ltj14, eecuadrado, BrookieCookie9, Pollywog, akbanana (twins!)

October 5th

October 6th

October 7th Miss Damask

October 8th CrazyDogLady

October 9th GMplusTN

October 10th kittenmittens,

October 11th

October 12th

October 13th BunnyJaques

October 14th

October 15th mco06

October 16th koi424, sostobe, Mrsbabygirl, ginmar

October 17th strawberry24, LiliKitty, kg1185, SoontobeMrs0831

October 18th

October 19th

October 20th Ms.Bookworm, howtobeawife

October 21st briabrat

October 22nd Lulah, Kyleek

October 23rd bridget2727

October 24th Novella, MrsM914

October 25th abc123joanna, Neetch

October 26th Kir32

October 27th

October 28th heirofslytherin, ritttenhousenewbee

October 29th

October 30th MrsDish

October 31st bananasareyellow

• This reply was modified 5 years, 9 months ago by  Lulah.
Post # 449
3263 posts
Sugar bee

View original reply
Lulah:  Thanks a bunch! My name is misspelled but absolutely no biggie. You’re a brave one for even taking the time to make a list! Sooo many October mamas!

Post # 450
795 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
LiliKitty:  all fixed ๐Ÿ™‚   I saved it to a google docs, so it will be a lot easier next time lol.  I like seeing where everyone is!

The topic ‘October 2015 Mamas!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors