(Closed) October 2016 honeymoons- ideas?

posted 4 years ago in Honeymoons
Post # 3
2679 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

View original reply
knickergold:  Japan? I went there in late Sept and the weather was very nice. You could easily spend 2 weeks there. 

Post # 5
324 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2016

I’ve heard great things about Bali–initial prices to get over there may be expensive but given a 10,000 budget you should be ok. Also, there are 3 islands in the Caribbean that are not in the hurricane belt you might want to check out—Aruba, Bonaire & Curacao. 

Post # 6
15 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2016

Hawaii? That’s what FH and I are leaning toward for our October honeymoon

Post # 7
156 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

We went to Cabo San Lucas (Mexico) for ours – but off the Baja peninsula and the weather was a dream in the middle a crazy hurricane season last year! We stayed at Dreams in Los Cabos and it was literally…a dream.

Post # 8
47 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2016

We are going to Belize this October for our honeymoon.  I can’t wait!

Post # 9
1548 posts
Bumble bee

Have you considered Spain? Not for the beaches but the Seville-Cordoba-Granada route is beautiful and should be around 20-25 celcius. Its semi relaxing with little tapas bars, cafes and great views but also has lots to see if you wanted to spend your days exploring like the Alhambra. 

I would also consider Italy- the weather up north might not be perfect but Sicily or Rome should still be pretty good and wouldnt be as busy as usual because its the shoulder season. 

Post # 11
384 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2017

If you’re looking for a beach vibe, you could go somewhere in the southern caribbean outside the hurricane belt, like Aruba. I also hear that Hawaii is great in October. 

Post # 12
324 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2016

View original reply
knickergold:  Ummm sounds amazing! We wanted to go for our honeymoon but since it’s a hike like you mentioned/we don’t have tons of vacation time, we decided to go for a closer place. I think it is TOTALLY worth it if you have the time. I’ve heard it’s better to go inland/ubud, although it depends on what experience you’re looking for-one of my friends was suggesting we check out kajane mua resort in Ubud when we were thinking of it for our honeymoon! Other suggestions: Go to the monkey forest & play with the monkeys! Check out Changgo Gii islands to scuba dive–though no cars allowed there. My friend also suggested a surf spot called Panang Panang and a sunset bar called Single Fin. Hope this helps! 

The topic ‘October 2016 honeymoons- ideas?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors