(Closed) October 2017 Brides?!?!

posted 4 years ago in Engagement
Post # 2
9 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2017

I am planning on a late September early October wedding in 2017 and I am currently planning now too. Personally, I think it’s wise to be starting now so that you are not having a panic attack later.  Maybe just plan slowly and take you time since you have lots of it. That’s what I’m doing 😀

Post # 2
202 posts
Helper bee

Fellow October 2017 bee here! We’ve already got our venue, caterer and photographer booked, but we live in an area where vendors book up fast. I say it’s never too early to start planning though, especially if you already know what you want. 🙂 

Post # 4
815 posts
Busy bee

Not too early at all! We have the church, officiant, reception venue, photographer, bridal party, and my dress all settled. Next is finalizing bridesmaids dresses, groomsmen tuxes, and the reception band– we have ideas for those and just need to get it all settled!

Post # 5
47 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2016

I would start as early as you can.  I booked my vendors a year and a half out and I am so glad I did because all of their pricing has gone up since then so I saved a lot of money booking early. 

Post # 7
3 posts
Wannabee

I’m also October 2017 and I have already booked: 

Venue 

Celebrant

Photographer 

Make Up Artist

Wedding dress 

We live in an area where things book out FAST. In January of this year our venue was already booked until September of 2017! We had no choice but to jump on things fast. It’s been great though, we can plan without the stress and afford the things we want.

Post # 8
4890 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

Yay for October brides… I was an October bride! 🙂

Post # 9
370 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2017 - Wedgewood Tower Club

October bride here!

We have our date, wedding, caterer, dj, bartender, florist, and baker. BUT it all came as an inclusive package.

Post # 10
202 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
dkad:  Woops!! I totally just saw this! Sorry for going MIA!! But to answer your questions, I was planning on going sometime in July or August to start looking for dresses. Waiting is kinda killing me though tbh hahaha And I’m waiting to ask my girls until it gets a bit closer. I think I’ll ask them in October or so 🙂

Post # 11
16 posts
Newbee

I’m October 2017 too! Engaged a month tomorrow and just booked the venue. I guess next I need a  DJ, sort out hair and makeup (makeup most importantly I think), and a photographer.  Am I crazy for thinking I can wait till January to start everything else? I’m going to meet with the venue people tomorrow, maybe they can give me a better scope of timeline. I’m excited but trying to reign it in since it seems so far away and more pressing is figuring out finances and finding a place to live together. 

Post # 12
35 posts
Newbee

I have the venue, dress, dj, photographer, shoes, and colors so far. I’m very close to booking the caterer and know who I want to use for hair and makeup-just haven’t booked them quite yet!

The topic ‘October 2017 Brides?!?!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors