(Closed) October 2017 mama to bee's

posted 4 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 16
8 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: January 2016

So, I am back from the October 2016 group (ended up delivering in September) and will be having my second in October 2017- so Irish twins. I am 4w2d and due Oct 3rd. Only my husband and 4 month old know. 

The October 2016 group last year started a secret facebook group so we could share pics and things we might not want to post publically. (No one can see that you are a member of the group). We still talk daily. It’s actually even more useful for support now that we all have our babies.  Would anyone be interested in doing that for this group?

Post # 18
791 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

View original reply
kreeneth :  it was really great!  the nights were starting to get cool, but the days were warm enough that we could sit outside during the day and go for walks around the neighborhood.  My daughter was born in Dec so it was really nice to still be able to get out and do things and not be cooped up because it was too cold.  one tip, don’t compare the new baby to how your oldest was as a baby. My daugther started sttn around 7 weeks, and my son has yet to sleep more than 4hr stretches consistently. At times, it felt like I was a new mom all over again, but at the same time, things just flowed and the transition was easier (for me) to go from 1 child to 2 than it was from 0 to 1.  

Post # 20
94 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: May 2016

ROLL CALL:

How far along are you? 3w4d

What’s your estimated due date: October 10th

How many cycles trying? 2 acitvely

When did you get your BFP? yesterday there was a squinter, today there was a more solid squinter? lol

Post a picture of your first BFP if you want!

Who have you told? My husband, my ladies from the February group from 2016, my daughter, and my neighbor.

When do you plan on telling more people? 12-20 weeks? We’ll have to see. Last time we told our parents super soon, and it got very annoying very quickly. So, we’ll need to tweak out strategy this time

How did you tell your partner? I told him last night that I’m going to test this morning.

Any symptoms yet? My daughter has been on a nursing strike the past week and biting, when I do get her to take the breast. So, I guess my milk has changed? Other than that, no, but it’s so early.

What are you most excited about/for? My daughter to meet her sibling!

When is your first appt? I’m going to call the doc on Monday, probably sometime in the next 2 weeks as I will be another high risk pregnancy!

For fun – Will you be finding out the gender or being team green? totally finding out!

<div style=”overflow: hidden; color: #000000; background-color: #ffffff; text-align: left; text-decoration: none;”> </div>
<div style=”overflow: hidden; color: #000000; background-color: #ffffff; text-align: left; text-decoration: none;”> </div>
<div style=”overflow: hidden; color: #000000; background-color: #ffffff; text-align: left; text-decoration: none;”>Also, ladies, I love my month group on facebook, should I go ahead and make a group for us? Or is there one already?</div>

Post # 21
94 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: May 2016

I don’t know what happened at the end of that post– so my question again: Also, ladies, I love my month group on facebook, should I go ahead and make a group for us? Or is there one already?

Post # 22
8 posts
Newbee

View original reply
kreeneth :  It sucks being pregnant all summer long, but not a bad time of year to have the baby. I loved that my maternity leave covered the holidays. 

Post # 23
8 posts
Newbee

View original reply
almondsyrup :  If you message me with your email, I will start one. We needed one more to get the group set up. 

Post # 24
8 posts
Newbee

The secret facebook group is up and running. If you would like an invite, message kreeneth, almondsyrup or me with your email address and we will add you. 

Post # 26
2120 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2014 - DD born 2015 DS born 2017

View original reply
kreeneth :  Colic is my worst nightmare 🙁 If you breastfeed the chance of colic and reflux goes way down. Did you breastfeed last time?

Post # 28
2127 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2019

Yay! I’m an October 2017 mamma to bee! Yay! Congrats all you expectant mums!

How far along are you? 4 weeks and 2 days

What’s your estimated due date: 8th October

How many cycles trying? Well! 3 I guess. I came off the pill 4 months ago. 3 weeks ago we decided now was not the time and said we’d be careful from now on until our circumstances are a bit better. Then BAM! In the club

When did you get your BFP? I got a VERY faint BFP on Friday on an IC. I took another, and it was negative so I doubted myself. My period was due on Sunday, but never came. Yesterday (Monday) I bought a two pack of cheapies from my local supermarker and they came up quite strong. I was still second guessing myself! Today I used a Clearblue digital and it flashed up positive. It made such a difference seeing it in writing. I believe it now!

Post a picture of your first BFP if you want!

Who have you told? Fiancé first of course. Then two of my best friends. And another best friend. And then 4 other couples who we’re suuuper close with. And one of my friends that I met on here. And then fiancé’s parents! Telling mine tomorrow and I’m bricking it!

When do you plan on telling more people? Family over the next week. We’ll be waiting to annouce it at at least 12 weeks, maybe later. Depends how it goes

How did you tell your partner? I text him “FUCK” and then another “FUCK” and then sent him the pic of my BFP yesterday. He phoned me before the pic came through and I told him then. I wanted to wait until he got home but I couldn’t. I was in shock

Any symptoms yet? Extreme fatigue and really sore, heavy boobs

What are you most excited about/for? Baby. This is my first and I’m not looking forward to being uncomfortably pregnant or pushing a human out of my vagina. Hopefully as things move on I’ll start to to relax about it

When is your first appt? Haven’t got one. I moved house and didn’t register at a GP. I started doing so today and I’ll register tomorrow and ask for an appointment ASAP. I think I have to see a nurse first for a health check

For fun – Will you be finding out the gender or being team green? I would LOVE to be team green, but I can read sonograms quite well, so we’ll be finding out

Post # 29
84 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

How far along are you? Week 4 Day 6

What’s your estimated due date: Oct 4 2017

How many cycles trying? Three cycles

When did you get your BFP? Last Wednesday

Post a picture of your first BFP if you want! I have a whole collection of tests, but the pic just wont load

Who have you told? DH, My mom, aunt, grandma, Mother-In-Law, SIL Father-In-Law and five of my closest friends.

When do you plan on telling more people? This is seriously the most difficult secret I’ve ever had to keep. I think I’ll tell more people once I hear the heartbeat.

How did you tell your partner? I told him right after I got my BFP

Any symptoms yet? Insane fatigue and bloating

What are you most excited about/for? I’m excited abput meeting my little one.

When is your first appt? Next Wednesday

For fun – Will you be finding out the gender or being team green? I will definitely be finding out the gender.

Post # 30
1037 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

ROLL CALL:

How far along are you? 4 weeks ish

What’s your estimated due date: October 8, 2017

How many cycles trying? 2 (but this was the first that we BD in the FW)

When did you get your BFP? Today. Not sure what DPO as I was getting negative tests up to 2 days ago.

Who have you told? My December 2015 mamas! DH shortly!

When do you plan on telling more people? We will tell family this week and my two best friends. We will tell everyone else when I hear the heart beat a few times. Social media not until much later.

How did you tell your partner? I’m telling him in an hour! We are picking him up from work and DD will be wearing her “Big Sister” shirt!

Any symptoms yet? No real symptoms. I took a test because I’ve been really exhausted lately and cranky and those were two of my first symptoms last time.

What are you most excited about/for? My DD to be a big sister! And the baby snuggles in the middle of the night. All the first milestones but this time with one more person in our family to share it with! Also I was pretty depressed and fearful for most of my first pregnancy. I`m excited to be excited.

When is your first appt? Likely a week from today

For fun – Will you be finding out the gender or being team green? We will be Team Green. We were the first time around and it was so much fun! I love all the guesses and we have a gender neutral nursery and a bunch of gender neutral clothes for the first 3 months.

The topic ‘October 2017 mama to bee's’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors