(Closed) October 2017 POAS – part 2!

posted 4 years ago in TTC
Post # 211
8674 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2016

View original reply
TiggersMitts :  is there a reason you don’t use FMU?

AFM: it’s only CD7 but my OPK is surprisingly dark (not positive).  I only tested because I felt strange cramping in my right ovary and was curious.  I have no idea what it means: probably nothing.  I’ll BD tonight just in case anyway.  A good friend is visiting this weekend, so we probably won’t BD Sat/Sun unless I get a positive OPK then we may duck out for half hour… luckily said friend and I are very close so she knows that we’re TTC, and we have no boundaries anyway so it wouldn’t be crazy if I was like “brb I’m fertile so we need to have sex”.  😛 (She also is one of the few people who knows about my CP IRL)

Post # 212
328 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

I got a BFP today (on two tests!)  Guess those cramps I felt throughout the TWW were not AF!!

Post # 213
1028 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
amanda1988 :  I have no idea why but for the past couple mornings FMU doesn’t give me a strong of a result (or the result I want hahah). I’ve found the last couple days that it gets darker in the evening?? Maybe I’ve gone full blown insane… total possibility. 

When in doubt always BD! And that made me LOL at work. Woops. It’s good to have friends like that in addition to this board. It’s so hard keeping this all private. Doesn’t help that I overthink everything (type A personality). I’m already freaking out about when we are pregnant how I’m going to be able to keep the pregnancy private for a long enough time that it is “safe” to announce without fearing for losing the baby. WHY IS THIS ALL SO HARD

Post # 215
8674 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

View original reply
TiggersMitts :  haha nah that’s a fair enough reason.  Maybe you’re like me and you chug water before bed! (I watch tv and drink water like a maniac.. it doesn’t seem to disturb my sleep, I guess my body has just gotten used to taking in most of its water in the evening lol!).

And yeah, def. gonna BD.. especially since right after a CP who knows what’s gonna happen with my cycle.  Most likely it’ll be normal but just in case…

As for telling.. I found it SO hard not to tell everyone when I got my BFP but I’m SO thankful I had some restraint–it was really hard telling people I was no longer pregnant.  I just didn’t want to talk about it (not aloud anyway.. online is easier) and deal with the sympathy and “cheer up” speeches and the many questions I had to deal with.  Next BFP I’m definitely waiting till at least 6 weeks before I tell family and close friends.  I’ll tell BFF who is visiting around when I’m testing (not same friend who’se visiting this weekend.) She’s been super supportive in just the right way both while TTC and during the CP.. she knows me well <3

There are a few friends I’ll probably tell around 10 weeks (they told me around the same time) and then the rest can all hear after 14.

Post # 216
1028 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
amanda1988 :  Now that you mention it that is 100% what I do. I have a 1.5L water bottle that I cradle on the couch and drink whenever I’m bored. Helps with snacking too I guess? Hahah. 

Yaaa. I would do it just in case. I’m super hoping that like you said you realeased a second egg and it stuck around somewhere??

I like your timelines. I super super super want to wait until after at least the dating ultrasound to tell people… but that’s like 6-8 weeks and I’m so close with my family and my best friend is pregnant, as is my cousin and my Brother-In-Law soooo waiting will be a living hell. I want to try though. It’ll be nice to have some confirmation that there is actually a little seed planted in there before blabbing. Good news is always so hard to keep a secret. I’m glad you had/ have someone to confide in aside from your DH. I’ve always thought that even though it would be awful to have to tell people it was a CP, MC, etc it would be nice to have their support and not have to go through the whole “well I was pregnant but now I’m not” thing. 

Post # 217
8674 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

View original reply
TiggersMitts :  hahahaha i’m pretty off the second egg dream theory–AF was *violent*.  Like (TMI ALERT) big chunks of lining all 3 days nonstop, lots of very fresh blood nonstop, etc..  My body was purging hardcore, nothing would’ve survived that. 

yeah.. that’s what I thought too.  I think for an MC I’d still like their support but a CP.. I don’t know, I don’t love it.  Between the “cheer up don’t be sad” speeches (and honestly I think I’ve been pretty damn cheery about the whole thing–so that’s part of why said speeches annoy me) to the checking in every other day to see how I’m doing (can we just accept I’m fine and move on?).. I dunno I’d just rather not.  Both would be helpful if I did want to dwell more on the loss, but I don’t.  I want to view it as an overall win (yay I can get pregnant!) and focus on this cycle, you know?  

I dunno, everyone is different.  And who knows, maybe I’ll feel differently when I actually have another BFP.  I think at the *very* least I’ll wait until after 5 weeks, when the pregnancy is no longer considered chemical.

Post # 218
1028 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
amanda1988 :  Nothing…. except for your SUPER BABY??!

And I feel you. It’s hard because people have no idea what to say. I think that’s why these boards are good… lots of women have been through similar experiences and get what you need which is to focus on making it happen again (getting pregnant… not the CP to be clear haha), not dwell on what happened.

Is 5 weeks the cut off for a chemical? That I did not know. 

Post # 219
8674 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

yeah so the difference is whether you can detect it with chemicals only (hcg) or if you can detect it using tools in a clinic. (So like, not an electron microscope or some other intense tool.) That happens at around 5 weeks. I mean sure I guess depending on where the embryo implants it’ll take longer for some people, but since most people don’t even *try* at 5 weeks to see/hear the baby I guess convention is just to go with the earliest it could *possibly* be detected in a clinic.

Post # 220
1028 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
amanda1988 :  Ah that makes tons of sense. For whatever reason I always thought CP were only chemical if they were before your scheduled period. I feel like I made that fact up in my head now though lol

Post # 222
1028 posts
Bumble bee

Well just took another wondfo and it’s a clear BFN. No idea how I got so lucky as to have 4 false positives in a row but I’m pretty positive that they were flukes. I don’t want to use my last FRER until I can see a clearer/ less questionable line on the wondfos. I was going to take a clear blue because now I’m in crazy land but my husband came home mid me ripping open the package with my teeth… don’t want to show him my full rabid and crazy self until he puts a baby in me and it’s too late for him to back out. So I discreetly hid the test and am now thinking over how crazy these last 48 hours were emotionally 

Post # 223
1258 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2022 - Maui

View original reply
sparklesbelle :  Congratulations!!!

I donʻt have any cm today like at all even though my predicted fertility should be at a 7.5 out of 10 according to the OPKʻs the last couple days. Iʻm not sure what trumps what so Iʻll try to BD again tonight so we donʻt miss the window completely but god I feel awful. Not sexy at all haha 

Post # 224
118 posts
Blushing bee

Another BFN 🙁 12dpo, if I ovulated. I just want AF to show up so we can get another shot and I can be done with this crazy cycle! I’ve had an awful cough the last 2 weeks to make matters worse…

Post # 225
1028 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
mrsmagnoliabee :  I’m sorry 🙁 that’s so disappointing. I hope you get your clarity one way or another 

The topic ‘October 2017 POAS – part 2!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors