(Closed) October 2017 POAS

posted 2 months ago in TTC
Post # 3
124 posts
Blushing bee

I’m so excited to finally be joining one of these threads! I’ve been lurking on them for a while.

Your age/partner’s age: I’m 29, DH is 31

Baby #: 1

Current Cycle Day/DPO: CD 18 (September 1)

Ovulation Date: September 30

POAS Date: October 14

Usual Cycle Length: 30

Cycles Trying: First!

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): Been taking prenatals for a while, tracking via app, and doing charting BBT for the first time this month. Trying not to get too caught up so early on, but also want to keep in tune with my body. 

Trying anything new this month? No birth control! wink 

For fun – what are you going to do this month besides TTC? September we’re celebrating our first wedding anniversary, but since this is technically for October, we’ll be taking a small weekend getaway to his parents’ house.

Post # 6
198 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

mrswhiskers :  it’s my first cycle trying too!! I’m also trying not to get too wrapped up, but it’s so hard! We are so excited! 

Your age/partner’s age:  32/40

Baby #: 1 

Current Cycle Day/DPO: today CD17/3DPO

Ovulation Date:  sept 26

POAS Date:  oct 8

Usual Cycle Length: 28 days

Cycles Trying: first 

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.):  prenatals for 3+ months, charting (trying this out this cycle)

Trying anything new this month? Getting my IUD out Sept 20th (6 months since travel to Zika country although neither of us showed signs, better safe than sorry!)

Link to your chart if charting:

For fun – what are you going to do this month besides TTC?  We have a delayed honeymoon trip in mid-sept

Post # 7
198 posts
Blushing bee

novemberreign :  thanks for setting this up! Good luck 😊

Post # 8
2381 posts
Buzzing bee

Your age/partner’s age: 31/32

Current Cycle Day/DPO: CD1

Ovulation Date: 19th-21st Sept

POAS Date: 3rd Oct

Usual Cycle Length: 32-34 (who knows?) lol

Cycles Trying: This is our 6th

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): I’ve started taking magnesium with tumeric as my lower belly still seems to be inflamed 7 months post-op.

Trying anything new this month? Using different OPKs, the dual hormone ones – because I ovulate from CD16 to CD23 and I want to know exactly when I’m in my FW

For fun – what are you going to do this month besides TTC? DH is working out of town in a couple of weeks and I will be going with him. It is spring and the weather will hopefully be nice so we can explore the place 🙂

Post # 9
42 posts
Newbee

Finally joining the TTC board! Another longtime lurker here 🙂

Current Cycle Day/DPO: CD2

Ovulation Date: September 18th

POAS Date: October 2nd

Usual Cycle Length: Usually 33-34 days, but can be anywhere from 30-37 days

Cycles Trying: First!

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): I’ve been taking prenatals for the last month and have used OPK’s for a few cycles before TTC just to get to know my cycle. Not going to use OPK’s this cycle and just going to try to go with flow. Lots of BDing throughout my cycle and everyday around my fertile period. Also going to try Pre-Seed.

Trying anything new this month? BDing with no protection 😛

For fun: What are you going to do this month besides TTC? Although I POAS in October, we are TTC in September, so we are going on our honeymoon for two weeks! We just got married in July and decided to start TTC on our honeymoon a while back. Luckily I O in the middle of our honeymoon 🙂

Post # 10
124 posts
Blushing bee

anev:  It’s so exciting! Good luck to you!

Post # 11
198 posts
Blushing bee

mrswhiskers :  thanks! I don’t have too much expectation for this month, first cycle after IUD but I sitll get my period and my doctor seemed to think we’d have no trouble getting pregnant since I’m sitll cycling! 

Good luck everyone, I so want to fast forward this month lol!

Post # 12
153 posts
Blushing bee

Your age/partner’s age: 25/25

Baby #: Baby #1

Current Cycle Day/DPO: I guess CD1 or nearly CD1. I’ve had negative tests up to today and AF is due today/tomorrow. Had ONE spot of blood, but expecting maybe overnight or tomorrow.

Ovulation Date: I would guess from past cycles 9/16-9/18 depending on if today is CD1 or tomorrow is and if I get positive opk on CD14 or CD15

POAS Date: Probably 9/30-10/2.

Usual Cycle Length: I’ve had two 28 day cycles since mirena was out and one 29 day cycle.

Cycles Trying: I guess this would be our 2nd cycle now. We had an ectopic in May that put us off track a bit after treatment and watching hcg levels go down.

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): We will be doing SMEP, prenatals, OPKs. I wish I could do temps but I work night shift so it isn’t always practical.

Trying anything new this month? Maybe better timing of SMEP. With me working nights and some other circumstances our SMEP involved us maybe going 36 hours without BDing. Hopefully we can time better this go around. 

Link to your chart if charting: N/A

For fun – what are you going to do this month besides TTC? I’ve got some crafty things going on this month along with hopefully starting a workout schedule. We don’t have anything fun scheduled as far as vacation or getaways goes.

I was hoping so bad that September would have been our month as it would have given us a May baby. Would have made May a little sweeter after we had an ectopic last May. It was really hard today to see a negative pregnancy test and some spotting (considering we got pregnent our first month trying with the ectopic and that set us back 8 weeks for blood levels to drop and 3 weeks for a period before we could start trying again). 

I can’t say I’ve got the highest hopes yet, but DH has all the positive vibes. So good luck to everyone going into October and mucho mucho baby dust!

Post # 13
4 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: November 2016

Your age/partner’s age: 30/35

Baby #: 1!

Current Cycle Day/DPO: 20/ 9 dpo

Ovulation Date: August 27

POAS Date: September…?  No idea yet

Usual Cycle Length: 28d

Cycles Trying: 1

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): Began taking prenatal two months ago, using ovia app past 2 years to follow cycles

Trying anything new this month? Removing iud tomorrow! 

For fun – what are you going to do this month besides TTC… Would love to go hiking again, but don’t think I will have the time!! 

Post # 14
4 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: November 2016

chardeemacdennis :  just realized that I said the wrong dates. I’m hoping to conceive earlier than October which I know probably won’t happen. My next o date is then September 24 +/- a few days. And poas week of October 1 

Post # 15
1041 posts
Bumble bee

I have no idea if I am doing this right… this is my first month actively tracking!

Your age/partner’s age: 30/39

Current Cycle Day/DPO: CD 5

Ovulation Date: 9/12? 9/13

POAS Date: ?? 9/28-10/1

Usual Cycle Length: Around 28-29 days

Cycles Trying: 2nd

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): No real rush or worry yet, just BDing a lot, we’re a 4-5 times a week couple anyways so just making sure we get those 2-3 days leading up to to the fertile window really locked in. Depending on how the next 2-3 cycles go I might start temping

Trying anything new this month? I went off of the pill late July, we guesstimated in August when I was ovulating based on assumption and it took about 6 weeks to get AF. This month we have a better idea of when we need to time it out, so I think just more BDing and seeing what happens!

Link to your chart if charting: N/A

For fun: What are you going to do this month besides TTC? We have a super busy month ahead, we do a lot of football-related activities in the Fall. DH is coaching a league and we also travel to some away games for our teams, so every weekend is pretty full! DH also suprised me with tickets to a show I’ve been wanting to see and I start a new job next week!

The topic ‘October 2017 POAS’ is closed to new replies.

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors