(Closed) October 2017 POAS

posted 2 years ago in TTC
Post # 3
124 posts
Blushing bee

apostrophecatastrophe :  Congrats!! That gives me some hope! How long are cycles normally?

I’m on CD 48 today and presumptively 9dpo. Going to hold out testing until Saturday when I’m 13dpo. I’m super nervous and almost dread testing this time because Sunday is my bday and I really don’t want a BFN to get me down the whole weekend ๐Ÿ˜• Whenever I’ve POAS, I know the tests are most likely going to be negative but I still get super upset after every BFN and feel like it puts me in a bad mood the next couple of days. My awful SIL’s announcement didn’t help either.

Post # 3
801 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2015

tiffanybruiser :  I’d go by the OPK over temp.  My temp goes up and down throughout my cycle.  I’ve also noticed that I’ll have a temp drop right before O and the next day (day of O) my temp will be the same, so two low dots in a row.  Everyone’s different but trust the OPK and when in doubt, BD ๐Ÿ™‚

mrsmagnoliabee :  Good luck!!  BFPs can happen even with long cycles.  I hope you get good news on Saturday.  Either Sunday will be exciting because of a BFP or you’ll be able to have some champagne!  But I’m hoping for the BFP for you.

I’m CD20 today.  OPK is still “high” and not “peak,” and I’m hoping O holds off until CD22-23 so we can get one more BD in beforehand.  Otherwise I think I’ll be out for this cycle, so I’m just waiting.

Post # 3
433 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2017

MrsChatham :  Same!  I’m just giving in and will use knock-off early response tests (pretty cheap) until Friday.  I can handle the BFNs, I just need to have something to do!

Post # 3
100 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

amanda1988 :  thanks! I used preseed with my first two pregnancies (and one cycle that I  didn’t get pregnant, so pretty.good odds for preseed  cycles) but didn’t have any and used ky which is probably worse than nothing, but I needed something. I need to order it. 

Post # 3
9561 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2016

carolinabee :  yeah KY is worse than nothing, from what I can recall.  Canola oil and pre-seed are both safe though.  Canola oil may not create a “goo” the same way pre-seed does, but it’s a lubricant that doesn’t confuse sperm.  (other oils like coconut oil or olive oil are not sperm-safe.  Those two in particular were tested in the thing I read, no idea if you want to try hazelnut oil or something. :P)

Post # 3
574 posts
Busy bee

carolinabee :   amanda1988 :  fx that the nothing is OK this month. But have sort of told myself I’m out this month to avoid disappointment. And also have preseed & vaginally temping next month to feel like I’m actually doing something new which will improve my chances! 

Post # 3
124 posts
Blushing bee

chicagold :  That’s true, champagne is always good!

Does anyone know if the digital OPK’s are more reliable than the Wondfo strips? I’ve always used the strips, but now I’m curious about the digital.

Post # 3
1118 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

dublingirl :  I also had very little (if any) fertile CM after coming off the pill. Drinking a TON of water and taking Mucinex during my fertile window really helped me.

Post # 3
100 posts
Blushing bee

amanda1988 :  oh that’s good to know! I should have used that. I have heard people say use coconut oil, so I’m glad to know that isn’t sound advice.

dublingirl :  I have told myself the same thing. I will likely miss November due to work travel in my FW. And then my cycles are long, so really I’m waiting for the January POAS board – I think that’ll be my month. Well – I’ll hope for that, haha.

Post # 3
9561 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2016

mrsmagnoliabee :  I’ve never used digital but they sound like a headache! lol (everyone seems so confused about flashy smilies all the time!)

Post # 3
2473 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

n00bee :  LMAO SHARK WEEK!!

Post # 3
574 posts
Busy bee

sleepymelis :  I’m in Ireland so we don’t have Mucinex, the live ingredient is guaifenesin so just need to find one that is fairly on par with the American version. 

mrsmagnoliabee :  can’t use the strips at all, literally never get a line but in saying that I have issues with digitals too, I have a really small ovulation window. But had to get my bloods to make sure I was ovulating. I still prefer the digitals. 

carolinabee :  hate when FW is ruined due to travel! Well If Jan is your month then you’ll have a baby by this time next year ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Post # 3
100 posts
Blushing bee

dublingirl :  yes! September would be a great month for a baby! 

Post # 3
883 posts
Busy bee

Just got my cross hairs today (according to my temp spike and EWCM a couple days ago). EEK. TWW begins/ continues. I’m super hoping this means I for sure ovulated this month because we definitely got a couple BDs in the window ๐Ÿ™‚

The topic ‘October 2017 POAS’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors