• Wedding: July 2016

Your age/partner’s age: 28/32

Baby #: 1

Current Cycle Day/DPO: 1

Ovulation Date: around the 23rd

POAS Date: Oct 9

Usual Cycle Length: 32 days

Cycles Trying: 7 

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): ugh, temping because my acupuncturist wants to know what my temp is like this cycle.  BD EOD, prenatals whenever i remember to take my multivitamin, though honestly I’ve gotten a lot worse about it.

Trying anything new this month? DH may make an SA appointment?

Link to your chart if charting:

For fun – what are you going to do this month besides TTC? It’s not fun at all right now, but doing some landscaping/hardscaping.  The paver contractor is being a literal nightmare to work with.

Post # 32
286 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2016

Your age/partner’s age: 28/39

Current Cycle Day/DPO: CD1

Ovulation Date: Sometime around Sept 26-28

POAS Date: Oct 12

Usual Cycle Length: 30 days, but my last one was 37 due to ovulating way later than normal

Cycles Trying: 5

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): OPKs, temping, Preseed

Trying anything new this month?: Hopefully losing some weight. I was a normal BMI when I started TCC and the stress and depression from the past few months has made me gain some weight. And maybe I’ll get around to making that doctor’s appointment since I strongly suspect there is something wrong with me.

Link to your chart if charting: I’d rather not

For fun – what are you going to do this month besides TTC?: Attending a baby shower this weekend, and then a wedding the next. If it was anyone else I might skip the baby shower, but I know this couple struggled for 2 1/2 years to get pregnant so I’m actually really happy for them.

Post # 33
103 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: November 2014

Your age/partner’s age: 31/32

Current Cycle Day/DPO: CD3

Ovulation Date: 9/28-9/30 ?

POAS Date: 10/13

Usual Cycle Length: Used to consistently be 28 days, but tending to be a bit longer the last 2 months. 

Cycles Trying: 4

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): OPKs twice a day, temping, prenatals

Trying anything new this month? More sex! Hoping to try for every other day for at least 10 days leading up to ovulation (plus day after). We had busy schedules last month and although we did ok BDing leading up to O, our timing might not have been the best! 

Link to your chart if charting: n/a

For fun – what are you going to do this month besides TTC? Nothing too exciting in the plans this month. Hoping to spend some quality time alone with hubby now that my parents are no longer staying with us. 

Post # 34
267 posts
Helper bee

Been lurking for a while, just came off birth control last month (after starting it right before my wedding last year to avoid AF), and finally got my first post pill AF today! 

Your age/partner’s age: 30/30

Ovulation Date: 9/24?

POAS Date: 10/8

Usual Cycle Length: was 32 days prior to birth control, we’ll see what it is now… 

Cycles Trying: this will be our 1st! Unfortunately due to my work schedule it is ideal for us to have a July/August 2018 baby… if this happens on the first try, the baby will be end of June which I can work with. If it doesn’t happen for us these next couple months then we may have to take a break and plan for a April 2019 or later baby due to my work schedule. 

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): I have been taking prenatals since July 1st and I bought an OPK from amazon. I was initially just going to go with OPK, but I bought a BBT on my home today so I will start charting tomorrow… 

Trying anything new this month? This is our first month. 

For fun – what are you going to do this month besides TTC? We have a wedding to go to and I will be on vacation for one week (and just realized I start vacation on 10/7… which means I will probably spend my entire vacation peeing on a stick haha)

Post # 35
7527 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

I am joining this with some trepidation! DH and I were planning to wait a few more months to try, but I’m paranoid about infertility issues so we decided what the hell, might as well start now in case it takes forever.

Your age/partner’s age: 32/36

Baby #: 1

Ovulation Date: who the f knows? this is my third cycle off BCP so I guess things are still sorting themselves out. First cycle off the pill was 32 days, second was 24 days. your guess is as good as mine!

POAS Date: see above

Usual Cycle Length: Again, just recently came off the pill so things are still settling, but I have a feeling my cycles will be closer to 24 days or even shorter. I remember having 21-ish day cycles before I went on the pill many years ago. This is part of why I’m a bit worried about ttc.

Cycles Trying: This is the first

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): Temping and prenatals

Trying anything new this month? This is all new!

For fun – what are you going to do this month besides TTC? I dunno, the usual? Make it through the day, have a glass of wine (while I still can), enjoy my cats!

Post # 37
5081 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: December 2014

Your age/partner’s age: 28/33 (though I’ll be 29 by the POAS date)

Baby #: 1

Current Cycle Day/DPO: CD1, September 12

Ovulation Date: September 29th estimated

POAS Date: October 13

Usual Cycle Length: 31 days my first cycle after IUD removal

Cycles Trying: 2nd

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): BBT charting, OPKs, prenatals, BD everyday during fertile window

Trying anything new this month? Nope, just trying to get more BD in, we had a couple inconvenient days around my fertile window last month where we weren’t able to BD. 

For fun – what are you going to do this month besides TTC? My parents are moving to our state in October. They’re staying with us while they are finding a place. This will be a big adjustment. We will also have to be more sneaky about the TTC stuff because I don’t want them to know.

Post # 38
267 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
novemberreign :  yea! I wish I could say it isn’t stressing me out, but it definitely is. But I do believe that what is supposed to happen will. Good luck!!!

Post # 39
241 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2016

Your age/partner’s age: 30 (31 on Friday though)/ 35 

Baby #: 1!

Current Cycle Day/DPO: CD3

Ovulation Date: 9.26/27

POAS Date: 10.10, but lets be honest, I always test early

Usual Cycle Length: 27-30 days

Cycles Trying: Well, it’s either 3 or 4…we tried a bit earlier in the year, then had to take a break. I think I’ll officially just call this our 3rd cycle really trying.

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): charting, prenatal, opk, BD timing

Trying anything new this month? We bought some Pre Seed and I booked a few acupuncture sessions, so we’ll see how it goes

For fun – what are you going to do this month besides TTC? Honestly, we’re boring and don’t have anything fun planned as of now. But I love fall and am excited about decorating the house, and maybe going to a pumpkin patch or something along those lines. 

Post # 42
1991 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

Roll call time

Your age/partner’s age: 28/30

Ovulation Date: Sept 29 (hopefully)

POAS Date: Oct 12

Usual Cycle Length: 27-38 days

Cycles Trying: 5

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): Considering trying the sperm meets egg plan, but if not then we will BD EOD starting around CD 10. Not sure what my cycle will do, as I Oed at CD17 last month on Vitex, and previously Oed on CD 26 without Vitex. Will be continuing Vitex and Prenatals, and will continue to temp and use OPKs.

Trying anything new this month? Trying Pre-seed with applicators 

For fun – what are you going to do this month besides TTC?  We are dealing with the aftermath of a Hurricane so we are slowly rebuilding our first floor after completely gutting it (not exactly “fun” but hopefully a distraction). Hopefully we will get to go visit our fur babies as we haven’t seen them in weeks. Going on a weekend trip with friends to see our alma mater rival football game the weekend after my test date. 

Post # 43
543 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
novemberreign :  the highest progesterone level I have gotten so far is 5.1 which was last month on 100mg of clomid. 

My first draw 4 months ago was a 1.2 though, so it is coming up slowly but surely as they increase my clomid. I am on my first month of 150mg so I am just praying that it boosts those numbers!

My nurse said that there was a chance that I could have ovulated since it was technically over 5 but if I did it wasn’t a “strong ovulation”. They don’t like to see it any lower than 10 when taken 7dpo. 

Post # 44
508 posts
Busy bee

CD 10 and already feeling impatient about this cycle! Why is October so far away??

DH and I are trying SMEP again, but may be slightly off as we are supposed to BD EOD starting at CD 8. We did CD 8, but not feeling it for today as I worked overnight last night and work overnight again tonight. So will probably BD again tomorrow, but then should we skip a day and BD EOD on the odd number days or just do three in a row to stay on the even number days? It probably doesn’t make much of a difference at this point, right? I have been getting a positive OPK at CD 14 or 15

The topic ‘October 2017 POAS’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors