• Wedding: August 2012

Your age/partner’s age: 33(34 next week)/35

Baby #: 2

Current Cycle Day/DPO: CD 6

Ovulation Date: Somewhere between the 23rd-26th

POAS Date: 10/6

Usual Cycle Length: 27-28 days

Cycles Trying: 8

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): BD timing, FF, OPKs

Trying anything new this month? I seriously don’t know what the heck is going on. We got preggo right away with baby 1 and with this one it has been 8 cycles already. I’m going to see my doctor next week. 

Link to your chart if charting: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/6a2b6f

Post # 47
689 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

Guys I am really starting to get down over here. I seriously have no freaking idea what is going on. My cycles have been pretty consistent since I went off BC in March – 26-28 days. The only weird thing that is happening is that according to OPKs I’m ovulating later (usually between CD 16 and 18). There really is no point to this but I’m just super frustrated with everything. I’m seeing my doc next week so I’m hoping she can run some tests or something to see what is going on. 

Post # 48
1394 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

Your age/partner’s age: 26/26

Baby #: 1

Current Cycle Day/DPO: CD7

Ovulation Date: September 24-28 🤷‍♀️

POAS Date: October 7 for now

Usual Cycle Length: 29 days

Cycles Trying: This is number 12

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): OPKs, prenatals, BBT, BD every other day starting on CD 12

Trying anything new this month?  I called my doctor today I have an appointment on Tuesday. Going to talk about what kind of testing we can start doing.

Link to your chart if charting: –

For fun – what are you going to do this month besides TTC? We’re going camping for my birthday which is on September 25th

Post # 49
224 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2016

Your age/partner’s age: 26/28

Current Cycle Day/DPO:  CD21

Ovulation Date: Supposed to be the 17th but my cycle does what it wants and is not regular.

POAS Date: Supposed to be October 1st or 2nd but AF came like a week early last cycle so who knows.

Usual Cycle Length: 37-38 days even though last cycle was 29

Cycles Trying: Offically 1 due to me being a nervous wreck about getting pregnant over the last few months. Feeling way better now.

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): BD timing, OPKs and prenatals.

Trying anything new this month? Everything is new besides prenatals.

Link to your chart if charting:

For fun – what are you going to do this month besides TTC? I’m determined to get an exercise routine down instead of being sporadic about it. Also I am going to New York this month and I have a job interview tomorrow (I currently have a job but this might be a better fit).

Post # 50
1120 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

View original reply
Jamergurl921 :  Hi! So – my TTC story sounds very similar to yours. I went off BC in February and have had consistent 27 day cycles with O at CD16-17 almost without fail. Which leaves me with a bare-minimum-of-normal LP length of 10 days. Anyway, I have to say that last month was the first month that my temps really started evening out and my LP was at least 11 days (12 if you ignore some spotting beforehand). My LP symptoms (i.e. progesterone levels) are getting stronger as time goes on as well. I guess I’m just saying – have faith (and patience)! Sometimes it takes your body a while to get back in sync, but eventually you’ll likely get there! 😊

Are there any other reasons you’re worried? Or is it just that it’s been several months with no results?

Post # 51
609 posts
Busy bee

Your age/partner’s age: 30/29

Baby #: 1

Current Cycle Day/DPO: CD1

Ovulation Date: 9/29

POAS Date: 10/10

Usual Cycle Length: 25 days

Cycles Trying: this is 11

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): prenatals, used to do the whole shebang gave up for various reasons 

Trying anything new this month? No

For fun – what are you going to do this month besides TTC? – Going down south tomorrow for my brother’s graduation and have 2 spa days planned the following weekend that I hope AF is over for

Post # 52
849 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

I got EWCM yesterday, but I feel like this is a little early now. I have no idea what is happening with my cycles now, but we have started BD EOD, so hopefully that will cover our bases lol. I have freaked myself out sufficiently reading things about my two “conditions” on Google, and then finally took myself off that rollercoaster of emotions and decided to just calm down this cycle. 

Not sure if I updated here or just on the MC thread, but I was diagnosed with MTHFR and PAI-1. I’m still taking my prenatal, but I went out to look for folate and found none, so I’m probably going to order it online today. Now debating if I should start baby aspirin now, or after a BFP like my OB recommended. Anyone take baby aspirin WHILE TTC here? I read about some that do on the BabyCenter website.

Post # 53
609 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
whitemochi622 :  I have definitely read some folks on here (a few months ago) were taking baby aspirin, haven’t myself but might do eventually.

AFM I’ve ordered some Agnus cactus to see if I can sort out my super short LPs so I guess I am trying something new this cycle after all!

Post # 55
711 posts
Busy bee

Your age/partner’s age: 28/30

Current Cycle Day/DPO: CD2

Ovulation Date: Sometime around 10/1-10-2

POAS Date: Oct 15

Usual Cycle Length: 28-30 days

Cycles Trying: 2 (second, but our timing was terrible last month due to traveling)

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): temping, prenatals

Trying anything new this month?: I guess trying for real? Last month was a flop so we are getting our heads in the game this month!

For fun – what are you going to do this month besides TTC?: Attending a baby shower, a wedding, and hopefully going upstate (in NY) to see some fall foliage. 

Post # 56
7528 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

This is probably a dumb question but it’s my first cycle temping/using OPK’s through the whole month, so I am pretty ignorant. Anyway, with OPK’s, do y’all find that there is a steady darkening of the test line in the days building up to O, or do you go from barely anything to WHAM, positive all in one day? Or is it different for everyone? Asking cause I have no idea when to expect ovulation and feel like i’m just taking shots in the dark here. (FWIW I’m on my 3rd cycle after coming off the pill, first was 32 days, second was 24 days, hence having no idea what is going on lol.)

Post # 57
3299 posts
Sugar bee

View original reply
tiffanybruiser :  You usually see the test lines getting darker leading up to O. Once the test line is as dark as or darker than the control line, you should O within 24-48hours. Keep in mind that some women can have an LH surge as short as 6 hours, so it can help to get cheapie opks and test twice a day when you see them gettinv darker   🙂

There are some bees that don’t seem to even get blazing positive opks either, it really depends on the person! 

Post # 60
1991 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

View original reply
tiffanybruiser :  personally my lines have no progression, they’ll get darker and then lighter and then i’ll get a clear positive out of nowhere. I guess it is different for each person. This was the first month I used OPKs and I finally got a positive on CD 26:IMG_20170526_185859

The topic ‘October 2017 POAS’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors