(Closed) October 2017 POAS

posted 3 years ago in TTC
Post # 61
1120 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

Out for September. Hoping October will be kind to us and we’ll have a BFP for our wedding anniversary!

Your age/partner’s age: 38/38

Baby #: 1

Current Cycle Day/DPO: CD1

Ovulation Date: October 2

POAS Date: October 14

Usual Cycle Length: 27 days

Cycles Trying: 8

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): CBFM, temping, prenatals, B6 and B12 supplements, BD EOD during my FW

Trying anything new this month? Tried taking B6 last month to lengthen my 10 day LP, but ended up with a disappointing 8 day LP instead. I’m hoping I just need to give it more time so I’ll try it again this month. We’re considering checking my hormone levels and DH’s sperms this month to see if everything’s in order.

Link to your chart if charting: My Ovulation Chart

For fun – what are you going to do this month besides TTC? Our 2nd wedding anniversary is Oct 30th! Hoping for some good news before then 🙂

Post # 62
625 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2017

I’m on CD13. I’m coming off a Mirena and this is my second cycle. There were 38 days btwn my 1st and 2nd period post-Mirena. I’m hoping it shortens but in the meantime am really trusting in OPKs to pinpoint my O day. FF says I’m to O on 9/26. Wondfo and CBAD have all been negative this past week… I started testing too early, and am now impatient. I’ll wait to the end of next week to use another CBAD and keep using Wondfo as a saftey net daily. Waiting is truly annoying. How’s everyone here doing?

Post # 63
3299 posts
Sugar bee

View original reply
AquariusLove :  I’m currently just waiting around to O 😬 who knows when that may be. Going to keep BD everyday until I get the solid smiley /peak fertility on my opks! I find the TWW less stressful than my FW 😑

Post # 64
625 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
RaccoonKitty :  I always thought that the TWW was the hardest waiting period, but now that I’m TTC, I totally agree with you! The FW gauging is tough too 😩 Kudos to you and DH for BDing daily! 

Post # 65
1154 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2016

CD12 here. We’ve been travelling, so I have not started OPKs yet this cycle. Last cycle I ovulated around CD18 so that would be end of this week if my body does the same this month. Right now our plan is to BD on CD13, 15 and 17 and wait and see how the OPKs look to determine the rest. 

Post # 67
7518 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

Well I’ve def noticed an uptick in what I’m hoping is EWCM in the last 24 hrs, which hopefully means O is on the way! It stretches a little over an inch, although in very skinny lines. Idk I’ve never paid attention to my “discharge” before, but am hoping this is the stuff. I’m on CD7, but have short cycles (last one was 24 days) so hoping that’s due to early O rather than short LP. 

I also have a swollen gum around one of my front teeth – probably unrelated lol but I did read that this can be caused by hormones surrounding ovulation. Anyone else ever experience this? 

Post # 68
625 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
novemberreign :  That’s a solid confirmation of your LH surge to me! I’m sure you’ll be able to get in just enough BDing, best of luck! Do you test with Wondos in the morning and evenings as you approach O day?

Post # 70
508 posts
Busy bee

I had what was just almost a positive OPK this morning. Tested again a couple hours later and it was lighter and a couples hours after that and it was the same. I’m only CD 14 and last month I got a positive on CD 15. We BD’d CD 11, CD 13, CD 14 so far so hopefully we are still good timing wise.

I wonder why it was so close to positive though to be followed by clear negatives. Last cycle with my positive it was nearly positive and then two hours later was obviously positive. Opks are weird!

Post # 71
3299 posts
Sugar bee

CD16 and hoping I ovulate in the next few days.. We’ve BD everyday for 5 days already, sometimes twice. No positive/solid smiley opk yet… better be soon! 

Post # 72
224 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2016

And can I be added to October 3rd POAS and Ovulation Date September 19th? Based on OPK, I should be ovulating tomorrow.

Post # 73
849 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

Ugh, guys, was our BD timing totally off? I am almost positive I O’ed yesterday (I don’t temp but I had the cramps I always get) and we did BD twice in one day for good measure. We also BD on Thursday, but we missed Friday and Saturday. Is it less likely to get pregnant on the day of ovulation, though? I’ve always heard it is better to BD the day or two before O. Wah =/ 

Post # 74
671 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

Your age/partner’s age:  34/34

Baby #: 2 (DD is 2, MMC March 2017)

Current Cycle Day/DPO: CD 1

Ovulation Date: Anticipated Oct 1

POAS Date: Oct 15 (if I can wait that long)

Usual Cycle Length: 27-28 days

Cycles Trying: Cycle 2 for this “go”, we TTC 4 months prior to MMC, then for medical reasons took the summer off.

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): DTD during FW

Trying anything new this month? Try to make sex more spontaneous feeling during the FW, as apparently telling DH that “we gotta have sex” followed by a sad handjob isn’t the kind of foreplay he’s looking for.

Link to your chart if charting:

For fun – what are you going to do this month besides TTC? I kick off a 12 week fitness plan today, and have a 10k scheduled just after my POAS day in Oct.

The topic ‘October 2017 POAS’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors