October 2018 POAS – The Infertility Edition (6+ Months TTC)

posted 2 months ago in TTC
Post # 3
117 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2017

Thanks for creating the board, it’s so nice to have a group of people who understand the struggles!

ROLL CALL 

Your age/partner’s age: 30/37

Baby #: 1

Current Cycle Day/DPO: CD24/8DPO

Ovulation Date: 9/25 I think (could have been 9/27)

POAS/Beta Date: Ideally October 10th, but probably will on October 8th because it’s our anniversary

Usual Cycle Length: 30-32 days, usually 15 day LP

Cycles Trying: 12

Known fertility issues: One MC. Everything looks good on my side and DH’s SA was normal

BFP Plan (BD Timing, supplements, charting, prenatals, etc.): Timing, prenatals, charting, Maca, Clomid

Trying anything new this month?: It’s supposed to be our last month before IUI, but we’re going out of town and waiting on the pre-certification from the insurance, so looks like that will be pushed back to November now

Link to your chart if chartinghttps://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/6eb6c1

For fun: What’s your favorite quote at the moment? Not sure about this, but I just keep repeating “It will all be worth it in the end.” I had to say that quite a few times after I experienced my first (and hopefully only) hot flash this month.

Post # 5
1055 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

I won’t be POASing this month but want to wish the best of luck to y’all! Hopefully I’ll be re-joining you soon! ❤️

Post # 6
1232 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

ROLL CALL 

Your age/partner’s age: 28/27

Current Cycle Day/DPO: I’m 15dpo, af tomorrow.

Ovulation Date:  No idea. Gonna go with the 15th through the 19th.

POAS/Beta Date: technicality wont be due for af until November first but I suppose I’ll squeeze in a Halloween POAS.

Usual Cycle Length: 28/32 days

Cycles Trying: 20 something. October is officially two years, but we took a tiny break after I had surgery.

Known fertility issues: The only known issue is that I have endo. Other than that we are unexplained 

BFP Plan (BD Timing, supplements, charting, prenatals, etc.): I’m taking medicine again this cycle and we are doing TI. We decided to stop doing IUI’s and save for IVF

Trying anything new this month?: Nope.

Link to your chart if chartinghttps://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/46f3ea

For fun: What’s your favorite quote at the moment? Don’t know about quote but I love this poem at the moment.

Post # 9
1349 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2017

Just joining this board as the other POAS board is a bit tough for me. I’m not sure if will be POAS this cycle, I have PCOS and have yet to have a period post getting off BC (around the 4 month mark now) even with provera. 

But I did ovulate on the 17th of Sept which was great, now if only I can get a period! 

Wishing all luck this month. 

Post # 10
1013 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

Awesome, love this idea.

Your age/partner’s age: 33/41

Current Cycle Day/DPO: CD2

Ovulation Date: TBD

POAS/Beta Date: TBD probably end of October, maybe put me on Oct 30 for now

Usual Cycle Length: 28 days unmedicated

Cycles Trying: this is #15

Known fertility issues: all blood work/HSG has been normal, for results of SA which showed low motility. Obgyn wanted to put me on Femara in hopes of boosting ovulation to have better odds with the male factor issue. Recheck SA in November. Try 3 months of Femara and on to fertility clinic in Jan if no luck in the next 3 months.

BFP Plan (BD Timing, supplements, charting, prenatals, etc.): timing EOD, prenatals, ubiquinol, charting with Ava, opk 

Trying anything new this month?: took my first dose of Femara today!

Link to your chart if charting:

For fun: What’s your favorite quote at the moment?

Can’t think of a real favourite/motivational so I picked a funny 😆 

Post # 12
213 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2017

Woohoo thanks for starting!

Your age/partner’s age: 28/31

Current Cycle Day/DPO: 2dpo

Ovulation Date: Maybe oct 1, maybe today waiting on temp tomorrow.

POAS/Beta Date: Let’s say Oct 12 and see if I last that long

Usual Cycle Length: 28 days 

Cycles Trying: almost 1 year since we started TTC, but most of that has been spent being pregnant or miscarrying so not even sure what to say!

Known fertility issues: iI’ve had 2 missed miscarriages (8 and 10 weeks). All testing has come back normal. They found retained tissue in July which I had removed so I’m hoping this is from the first MC and the reason for the second. 

BFP Plan (BD Timing, supplements, charting, :

BD every day during FW, OPKs, I take prenatals, baby aspirin, omega 3, vit d, folate & ubiquinol. Started charting this month.

Trying anything new this month?: charting for the first time, but my thermometer isn’t great so not sure it will go so well. 

Link to your chart if charting:

For fun: What’s your favorite quote at the moment? “Do not let the bitterness steal your sweetness” which I rarely follow these days 😂😂 

Post # 13
1980 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2015

ROLL CALL 

Your age/partner’s age: 30/30

Current Cycle Day/DPO: CD2

Ovulation Date: Not sure, but I’m going with an optimistic Oct 17

POAS/Beta Date: I’ll update post-O, but I’m hoping Oct 31

Usual Cycle Length: 32

Cycles Trying: 12 cycles TTC, but we skipped a few post-mc and for a surgery.

Known fertility issues: Maybe PCOS? Unconfirmed, but my high AMH suggest it. 

BFP Plan (BD Timing, supplements, charting, prenatals, etc.): Our first medicated IUI! I’m hoping the clinic will give us a BD schedule pre-IUI. I’ll be on Femera for the first time. Other than that, I’m supplementing with Co-Q 10, Vit E, myo-insitotol and vit d.

Trying anything new this month?: IUI and Femera. 

Link to your chart if chartinghttps://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/larissakay

For fun: What’s your favorite quote at the moment? I’m not really an inspirational quote person. But my mantra for the last few years has been “Sucks to your ass-mar.” It’s from Lord of the Flies when one of the kids is making fun of another’s asthma, but in our house it means something like, “Stop whining about your problems and focus on something you can actually fix.”

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors