October 2018 POAS – The Infertility Edition (6+ Months TTC)

posted 2 months ago in TTC
Post # 65
1980 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2015

tulipdazey :  for me, it’s all about the money. Unmonitored will cost me $2.62 for meds. Each monitoring appt runs me somewhere around $200 until I hit my deductible, so I’m guessing about $600 a cycle. 

Post # 66
1232 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

tulipdazey :  It’s the money for me too. Since I’m trying to save money for IVF I don’t want to be paying a lot of money for monitored cycles. It’s also why I’m not doing anymore IUI’s. D.H’s sperm is great, so that’s not an issue, so the IUI’s now seem like a waste of $600. 

Post # 68
1232 posts
Bumble bee

larissakay :  I would assume that would be okay. Hopefully he lets you do some unmonitored in a few months. I do think it’s best to monitor it at first though so you don’t end up like Kate + 8. Lol 

Post # 69
1232 posts
Bumble bee

tulipdazey :  I’ve actually heard of people getting better lines at night. Maybe test again tonight? I get what you mean though. During my last IUI I thought I saw a line after testing out my trigger, but it turned out to just be line eye.

Post # 70
117 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2017

No good news for me, I’ll be rolling over again. Sorry about your cycle messing with your head. If only something about TTC could be straightforward! 

I’ve been doing unmonitored cycles. My doctor didn’t think they needed to be monitored and the cost thing was too much even with just my copays. We’ll do a few IUI but only because my insurance covers part of it where they don’t cover anything with IVF.

Post # 72
213 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2017

I don’t think I’m going to bother testing this month, I’ll just roll over to November. I know what I feel like when I’m pregnant and this definitely isn’t it. Hopefully AF makes an appearance soon.

Post # 75
1980 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2015

tulipdazey :  I’m so glad she did that for you! I’m hoping for good beta numbers, but if not, at least you can move on and enjoy your birthday celebration.

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors