OCTOBER 2018 POAS

posted 1 year ago in TTC
Post # 661
310 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2016

Further to my earlier post about a cheapie I did a first response and got this faintest line…can anyone see it? Am I going crazy?  Help please! 

Post # 662
256 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

Minoux21 :  I do see it on the first response!

Post # 664
384 posts
Helper bee

Hi ladies! I’m back! I rolled over to November in the beginning of this month after getting AF, but looks like I’ll be POAS on 10/31 so I’m back! Halloween will be 12DPO for me. This is hubby and I’s 4th cycle trying for our first baby. Last month was a super long cycle for me (I’m usually super regular) and I’m honestly not even sure that I ovulated. I think temping for the first time stressed me out. This month, I feel calm, hopeful and I used OPKs ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 665
384 posts
Helper bee

augustbee2018 :  this was my first month using OPKs too and I cried when I got a positive! I know it wasn’t a pregnancy test, but it was sooooo nice finally getting a line on something! We are POAS buddies!! I’ll also be testing on Halloween!

Post # 666
788 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

I really thought this would be my month. AF came yesterday though so i’ll be rolling over to the November group. GL to all the mama’s with BFP and those that are waiting to POAS! xoxo

Post # 667
20 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2017

mrsalexander :  AF arrived for me yesterday too :/ … Cycle twins! I will see you in the November group. Best of luck next month!

Post # 668
20 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2017

hopfenn :  Thank you <3 I think I learned about what my body is really doing this cycle and pretty sure I was off on my estimate of when I ovulated. Going to start temping this month to get more info. Best of luck to you!!

Post # 669
3544 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 29th, 2016

Minoux21 :  I definitely see something on the FRER. Fingers crossed for you! 

BeepBopB00p :  Welcome back! This is our 4th cycle as well. I was going to test around Halloween but then I ovulated early so I’ll probably test this weekend. Hoping to hold out as long as I can. Best of luck! 

AFM I am 6DPO and I know that I’m going to start getting antsy to test in a couple days. Someone please distract me! lol My chart looks good for ovulation so I’m hoping and praying that this is our month. 

Post # 670
775 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

I just used my last OPK on 12DPO. Didn’t have a pregnancy test in the house, so figured this would work.  BFN ๐Ÿ™ I suppose I’m not officially out until AF shows, but it’s not looking good when there’s a negative on Day 12.  Are OPKs less sensitive maybe?

Which brings me to a question…I bought the ClearBlue OPK box. Just the regular one with the blinky face. As you know, it wasn’t exactly inexpensive, but I don’t want to get the cheap tests cause I don’t want to interpret lines lol I just want a yes or no. So, I now have the tester thing that you insert the stick into, but no more sticks. Can you buy just replacement sticks or do you have to buy the whole kit again?

Post # 671
775 posts
Busy bee

Another question for everyone…According to my OPK, I ovulated on October 10.  This says I shouldn’t be expecting my period until the 27th, 17DPO.  Doesn’t that seem late?  I’m totally planning for this Wednesday or Thursday.  

Post # 672
1508 posts
Bumble bee

smiles4jo :  OPKs test for different hormones than pregnancy tests do, so I’d go out and grab an actual pregnancy test to be sure! An OPK can be negative even if you’re pregnant (I was just googling this this morning as I was curious about it :P)

ladyvictoria :  I’m having such a hard time staying distracted during the TWW ๐Ÿ˜› 11dpo today and it was a BFN for me. Still cautiously optimistic, though! I’m not out until I get AF, which is due Friday so I still have some time. Hopefully you mange to hold out with testing. I totally caved at 6DPO but I am weak ๐Ÿ˜› 

Post # 673
1080 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2016

smiles4jo :  that is odd… do you typically have longer luteal phases, or is the app simply going by total overall cycle length and not distinguishing between follicular and luteal? I always thought many apps defaulted to 14 dpo as the luteal phase

Post # 674
3544 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 29th, 2016

smiles4jo :  How long is your luteal phase usually? There’s a pretty fixed amount of days between ovulation and when your period starts. I ovulated early this month so my expected period date went from the 31st to the 29th. My luteal phase is usually 12 days long. I’d also recommend tracking your temperature along with OPKs because each one tells a different part of the story. Your OPKs tell you that your LH is surging in preparation of ovulation, but don’t pinpoint when ovulation actually occurs. A sustained rise in temperatures helps you “confirm” that ovulation actually occurred. 

hopfenn :  Sorry about the BFN! It’s so disheartening. But it’s true, you’re never out until AF shows so best of luck to you! I have no urge to test this early since it’s likely implantation hasn’t happened yet. I can usually hold out until 10DPO, so we’ll see how long I can go this time around.

Post # 675
775 posts
Busy bee

Kannon :  ladyvictoria : Yeah, I thought it was pretty odd too. This was my first month using OPKs, so I don’t actually know how long my LP is, but had assumed the default would be 14 days, not 17. My cycles themselves are a little wonky, but are usually around 30-35 days. I had a long cycle last month at 45 days, so the app is telling me that my average cycle is 35 days which would make Saturday CD36, so that might make sense. Still, it changed my expected O day once I input the confirmed OPKs, so you’d think it would have also updated AF day?

If we aren’t successful this month, I’ll temp next month. I did try temping a little while ago and it just caused my cycle to go crazy, so I had stopped. Maybe it’s time to start again though.   

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors