posted 3 months ago in Pregnancy
Post # 4
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: June 2013

Hello! I’m so, so excited to be joining you. โค๏ธ

ROLL CALL!

How old are you (if you want to share)? 26

How far along are you? 3 weeks and 3 days. 

Estimated due date? October 3rd! 

What # baby is this for you? 1

How many cycles trying? 1

When did you get your BFP? Friday afternoon I got a very faint line. I got a more definitive line yesterday morning at 9 DPO. 

Who have you told? I told my husband yesterday morning after getting the darker line. We travelled 8 hours to visit my in laws this weekend. Due to the distance, we don’t get to see them very often (next time might be May) so we told them yesterday afternoon. 

When do you plan to tell other people? I am going to tell one of my best friends today. I also don’t get to see her often and she’s the only person who knew we were trying & knows I was planning to test soon. She had a baby earlier this month so she will be happy ours will be close. 

I’m not sure when we plan to tell the rest of our family and friends, but I want to do something special to tell my mom. She’ll be over the moon. 

How did you tell your partner? A purchased a onesie while back that said “The Adventure Begins” so I gave that to him with the test. 

Any symptoms? My nipples hurt a bit, but that’s a typical luteal phase symptom for me. I’ve had some mild cramps/dull pressure since around 5 DPO. Headaches yesterday and the day before. Yesterday my stomach felt funky. I was hungry nearly all day, but got full really fast. Every time I ate my stomachs got upset/gassy. Seems like a lot of symptoms for so early, so I’m sure some are unrelated and I’m just hyper aware of what’s going on right now. 

What are you most excited about? Absolutely everything. Experiencing pregnancy, telling my mom, baby snuggles, seeing my husband be a dad. 

When is your first appointment? I haven’t had a chance to call yet. I’ll call Monday or Tuesday

When are you planning to find out the sex? We may find out early (Sneak Peek maybe?) or wait until the gender scan. Most of or family from both sides (& some close friends) will be together in May (around 20 weeks), so that might be a good time to find out and tell them. 

Include a photo of your BFP if you would like. 

Today @ 10 DPO:

Post # 5
30 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2017

ROLL CALL!

How old are you (if you want to share)? 28

How far along are you? 3 weeks and 5 days

Estimated due date? 2 October

How many cycles trying? 7 – 5 with proper timing

When did you get your BFP? Saturday night at 10dpo I got lines on ebay cheapies, tested with a FRER at 11dpo

Who have you told? My husband, my best friend, and my husband told his 2 best friends (a couple)

When do you plan to tell other people? Probably will wait until after NIPT results

How did you tell your partner? I had bought a Harry Potter onesie a few months ago that said “future wizard” so I gave him that and the test ๐Ÿ˜€

Any symptoms? Slightly sore boobs, light cramps on and off

What are you most excited about? Feeling the baby move and bringing home our own baby!

When is your first appointment? Haven’t made one yet

When are you planning to find out the sex? Yes we want to do NIPT testing

Include a photo of your BFP – this is what I sent to my best friend ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 9
27 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: City, State

Hi Everyone!! 

How old are you (if you want to share)? 27

How far along are you? 4 weeks exactly

Estimated due date? October 1-2 depending on which app I use

How many cycles trying? 1!

When did you get your BFP? Faint positive on store brand test on Friday afternoon, positive FRER on Saturday morning

Who have you told? Just Darling Husband and you lovely folks ๐Ÿ™‚

When do you plan to tell other people? Probably will wait until about 8 weeks to tell immediate family, will tell everyone else probably around 12 weeks. Although who knows if Darling Husband and I will be able to keep it a secret for that long, we are both SO excited!! 

How did you tell your partner? I ran out of the bathroom waving the test at him like a crazy person haha. I would have liked to have come up with a cuter way to tell him but…. oh well lol

Any symptoms? Nothing major, and most could probably be chalked up to being more psychological than actual. I’ve been pretty tired and have had some very mild nausea and heartburn, and occasional mild cramping. Although today my boobs have been really sore so I guess that’s something

What are you most excited about? Everything… but I guess I’m really excited to hear the heartbeat for the first time.

When is your first appointment? Haven’t scheduled yet

When are you planning to find out the sex? I’m not sure – Darling Husband and I might end up just waiting until the birth

Post # 11
44 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: February 2016

Hi Ladies, i didn’t roll call for the jan POAS group but thought I’d join this thread anyway.

How old are you (if you want to share)? 32

How far along are you? 3 weeks and 4 days 

Estimated due date? October 4

What # baby is this for you? 2

How many cycles trying? 3, was  pleasantly surprised (and a little shocked) as it took 10 months the first time around and I only just got my cycle back a few months ago after stopping nursing by 15m old

When did you get your BFP? Monday at 10dpo

Who have you told? My husband, and my dentist today lol

When do you plan to tell other people? Will tell parents and some good friends over the next few weeks and other people can find out after 12 weeks

How did you tell your partner? Just told him I had some good news when he got home from work

Any symptoms? Coffee aversion! That’s what made me test so early

What are you most excited about? I’m actually feeling a bit nervous having 2 kids to look after but excited to see my daughter become a big sister

When is your first appointment? Booked to see the GP in about 2 weeks for bloods and I’m going to request a scan 

When are you planning to find out the sex? I think we’re going to be team green this time, we found out for our first but I feel like it will be nice to have something new and exciting for this pregnancy

Include a photo of your BFP if you would like.

from yesterday at 10dpo, I was surprised how strong the line was which is why I think I’m feeling ok to roll call before my period is even late! 

Post # 14
59 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

ROLL CALL!

How old are you (if you want to share)? 30

How far along are you? 3 weeks and 5 days

Estimated due date? 4 October

What # baby is this for you? 2

How many cycles trying? 1 I couldn’t believe it!

When did you get your BFP? Got a super faint squinter morning if 10 dpo, then a light but clear line in the evening.

Who have you told? My husband and my mom

When do you plan to tell other people? Will probably until I have fully missed my period for other close family, then others after 8 weeks

How did you tell your partner? We do daily “highs and lows” over dinner as a family and I said my high was “finding out I’m pregnant” He screamed out of shock and then was tearing up.

Any symptoms? Slightly sore boobs, light cramps on and off, constipation (is that a pregnancy symptom already, I have no idea) and increased thirst

What are you most excited about? Experiencing all the baby things all over again and seeing my son be a big brother.

When is your first appointment? Haven’t made one yet

When are you planning to find out the sex? Yes we want to do NIPT testing

Include a photo of your BFP (from this morning at 11dpo)

Equine_Breeder :  This was definitely planned and wanted for us, but I still panicked when I called my mom and was like “What did I do?!?!” She said it’s normal ๐Ÿ˜‰ So freaked out about managing two kids. I was super into mom blogs and podcasts when I was having my first, but I just can’t with this one because all the media just says what a huge leap in difficulty it is. I tried listening to one today and it was like “one kid is a hobby, two is a job” and I just turned it off. I am sure we will manage tons of families have more than one kid.

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors