OCTOBER 2019 POAS – INFERTILITY EDITION (12+ Months and/or Seeking Treatment)

posted 2 months ago in TTC
Post # 2
3303 posts
Sugar bee

NicLE1218 :  Thank you for starting the October board! ❤

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age: 33/34

Baby #: 1

Cycles TTC: I’ve lost count. TTC since March 2017

Current CD/DPO: CD4

Usual cycle length: 33+

Ovulation date or procedure (and what kind): Hopefully 25th-27th Sept

POAS/Beta day: Oct 14th

Known fertility issues: 1 tube, PCO, subclinical hypothyroidism, possible egg quality issues

BFP plan: taking letrozole in the hopes my FW coincides with the week D.H is home.

Trying anything new this month?: yeah, not giving a fuck anymore 😂

For Fun – Do you have any fall traditions for you and your spouse, or family in general?:  No, but I feel like D.H and I should make some traditions to look forward to whether or not we have a baby in the future.<!–/data/user/0/com.samsung.android.app.notes/files/share/clipdata_190916_075608_377.sdoc–>

Post # 3
761 posts
Busy bee

NicLE1218 :  Thanks for starting the October board! 🙂 The earliest I could have my FET is the end of October, so I’m going to go ahead and rollover eventhough my POAS date will probably not be until November (crossing fingers!). I just love hanging with you ladies 😉

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age: 35/34

Baby #: 1

Cycles TTC: 16 I think; since June 2018

Current CD/DPO: “CD4” of IVF #3

Usual cycle length: 25-27

Ovulation date or procedure (and what kind): IVF retrieval should happen Sept 24-28

POAS/Beta day: Unknown at this point

Known fertility issues: Age, poor IVF responder, slighty low AMH, MFI

BFP plan: IVF #3. Hopefully third time is the charm 🙂 

Trying anything new this month?: Same protocol as the last round (microdose lupron flare) Trying to do every the same as last time since we actually got 2 decent embryos from that round. This round is to bank more. Taking all the supplements from It Starts with The Egg, accupuncture, wheatgrass shots, meditation. 

For Fun – Do you have any fall traditions for you and your spouse, or family in general?: Football 

Post # 4
1612 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

I’ll be hanging out too, even though my FET won’t be until Nov and I’ll be on the pill most of October 😂

Post # 6
613 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2016

I was in September but my last cycle was weird and long so my POAS date is actually 2 October.

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age: 32/31

Cycles TTC: many- TTC since January 2017

Current CD/DPO: 12dpo

Usual cycle length: 25 days but last one was 30

Ovulation date or procedure (and what kind): meant to be tomorrow but I think it will be later

POAS/Beta day: 2 October 

Known fertility issues: endometriosis 

BFP plan: TTC naturally while waiting for ivf- went into the waiting list in May and it takes up to a year

Trying anything new this month?: no

For Fun – Do you have any fall traditions for you and your spouse, or family in general?: I like to get a pumpkin spice latte, go for walks, and just have cosy nights in with comfort food and candles, but no specific traditions.

Post # 7
418 posts
Helper bee

I’ll be coming soon! Got a BFN today at 14dpiui. Tomorrow is my beta and then I’ll rollover once AF starts. It was only our first IUI but I’m still super disappointed.

Post # 8
691 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

Your age/partner’s age:  42/50

Ovulation date or procedure (and what kind): Fresh donor egg transfer scheduled somewhere around 10/4, dependent upon donor stimming results.

POAS Date: Somewhere around 10/18

Usual Cycle Length: 28-32

Cycles Trying: 5 years *gasp*

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): We are going through IVF via donor egg.  This has been a LONG, emotional process.  

Trying anything new this month? This is our second DE cycle.  First was a frozen donor and resulted in a MC in April.  We are cycling fresh this time around.  I’m on lupron now, estrogen starts Monday.  Donor starts stimming 9/20! : )  Tentative retrieval:  9/29.  Tentative Txfr:  10/4.

For Fun – Do you have any fall traditions for you and your spouse, or family in general? Me and my husband had our first date in the Fall (early October).  We go to the same place every year..my husband even wears the same shirt he wore that day. 🙂

Post # 9
1309 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: City, State

I can start round 3 of 6 of the medroxy to help build my lining on Sept. 29th and then Iʻll officially roll call once I get that AF figured out 🙂 

Post # 13
1309 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: City, State

NicLE1218 :  Iʻm assuming after all 6 rounds sheʻll take a look but I have to call for rounds 4-6 refill, maybe Iʻll ask then.

Post # 14
418 posts
Helper bee

Your age/partner’s age: 28/35

Cycles TTC: 17

Current CD/DPO: CD 30. Waiting for AF, but beta today was negative so I know it’s coming. 

Usual cycle length: 27 days, but progesterone is making it longer

Ovulation date or procedure (and what kind): TBD-it will be our second medicated IUI

POAS/Beta day: TBD

Known fertility issues: Unexplained.

BFP plan: IUI with Clomid and Ovidrel

Trying anything new this month?: Going gluten free and adding some new vitamins and supplements after reading “It Starts with an Egg”. We are also switching RE’s within the same clinic which I’m super excited about because we haven’t been thrilled with our current RE.

For Fun – Do you have any fall traditions for you and your spouse, or family in general?: We don’t have any right now, but we purchased a townhouse this summer and it has a firepit in the backyard, so I’m super excited to relax outside with my hubs and dog by the fire 🙂

Post # 15
720 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2015 - Backyard

Finally had my appt with my PCP today and got an official referral to our local RE. Thankful for the advice here to go straight to RE and not bother with an OB. She ordered a transvag US to get my testing started and I’m just waiting for them and the RE to call me to get the ball rolling. Also finally got started on an SSRI today. I’ve been struggling with depression and anxiety for the last (well, forever) 1.5 years and didn’t want to start anything when I began TTC – now that almost 2 years have passed, I can’t live like this anymore, and my doctor and I both agreed that if I can’t handle life right now, there’s no way I can make it through infertility / pregnancy / having a child without getting help. TTC is not why I am depressed but it certainly is adding to my mental health issues. Anyways…I am just feeling so much better to finally be initiating treatment for my various ailments. 

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age: 32/38

Cycles TTC: 16 (started in Nov 2017, took a few months off here and there)

Current CD/DPO: CD 1

Usual cycle length: 27-32 days

Ovulation date or procedure (and what kind): around 10/3

POAS/Beta day: 10/19

Known fertility issues: unknown at this time, but I have very painful periods / bloating / migraines; husband has low drive so wouldn’t be surprised if they find MFI

BFP plan: After 15 months I’m tired of temping so I might just use OPKs from now on…we’ll see. 

Trying anything new this month?: Just getting testing done, will try for EOD during my FW.

For Fun – Do you have any fall traditions for you and your spouse, or family in general?: Getting a pot of mums for the front porch, visiting the pumpkin patch, drinking apple cider and doing some fall baking. 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors