OCTOBER 2019 POAS – INFERTILITY EDITION (12+ Months and/or Seeking Treatment)

posted 2 months ago in TTC
Post # 136
1622 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

RaccoonKitty :  sorry you’re out :(.  Are you doing 5 mg Femara next cycle?

BeepBopB00p :  sorry about the bfn

mrsstephjbee :  when is your transfer?? Best of luck!!

heartandstars :  my body is exactly the same as you – spotting usually by 5-6 dpo. It’s so frustrating. My RE didn’t really work it up since we were ready to start ivf right away (doing more investigation would have pushed our ivf back by at least 3-4 months, and realistically I figure if it’s just a P deficiency it should be fixed during a transfer when my body is not in control). 

Post # 137
325 posts
Helper bee

anev :  Yes, I’m glad my protocol includes PIO shots as well as the P gel for transfer. I think I also have huge P deficiency. If it doesn’t work then I will ask our RE to start more investigation while we save up for the next round. 

Post # 138
117 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: November 2016

anev :  Tomorrow, I’m actually terrified. I wish I could feel excited but it is our only PGS tested embryo and it feels like so much time, money and emotion is riding on this cry. I’ve been freaking myself out all morning wondering when they’ll thaw our embryo, it’s a day 6 so if it’s thawed a while will it become a day 7 and have a much lower implantation rate? I don’t want to call and bother the nurses incase I sound crazy.

Post # 139
11 posts
Newbee

My update – yesterday got a stark white BFN (CD28). Doc wants me to get a blood test tomorrow morning before stopping the progesterone. I am not hopeful, but I still have no period. What days were others advised to stop progesterone? Did your period come despite progesterone?

Post # 141
1622 posts
Bumble bee

mrsstephjbee :  good luck tomorrow! In my research a day 5 and a day 6 embryo are basically the same as in chances of success. Hopefully this will be your sticky baby and it will all have been worth it!

peacefulnature :  typically you don’t get your period while on P, so it makes sense you either get a blood test or be 14+ days after ovulation (when a urine preg test should definitely be positive by then). I typically get my period 2-4 days after stopped P

Post # 142
11 posts
Newbee

mrsstephjbee :  Of course that is how you are feeling. I hope you are able to find some sense of peace. They must have a careful strategy on when to thaw for optimal result. Sending positive energy and thoughts.

Post # 143
11 posts
Newbee

anev :  Thank you for clarifying. She said it usually isn’t enough to stop a period from coming. Wondering if she is informed.

Post # 144
3305 posts
Sugar bee

peacefulnature :  Thank you ❤

mrsalexander :   NicLE1218 :  I’m hoping my body does it’s usual trick and ovulates late because D.H won’t be home until CD17!

heartandstars :  yep, I really hate the thought of wasting a cycle when we’ve been trying this long!

Do you normally spot like this every cycle or is this a new occurrence?

anev : won’t do femara at all this cycle because we’d definitely miss my FW. This is our last cycle trying to work with D.Hs FIFO roster so I’ll probably do 5mg the cycle after this one when he’s home for good, just for science lol.

Post # 145
325 posts
Helper bee

peacefulnature :  I was told that progesterone won’t stop a period if its coming. But that is in relation to P suppositories. 

RaccoonKitty :  The extensive spotting started in 2018, so I consider it new. If I’m not on progesterone I’m spotting every day between ovulation and my period. Athough so far so good today! 

Post # 146
418 posts
Helper bee

Another BFN today. I’ll be happily surprised if my beta is positive Friday, but telling myself I’m out so my hopes aren’t up.

Post # 147
1622 posts
Bumble bee

BeepBopB00p :  did you get the insurance stuff sorted out?

RaccoonKitty :  yay for human science experiments lol. Glad this is the last cycle your husband is away!

Post # 148
11 posts
Newbee

Waiting for my blood results in the next hour or so, which will certainly be negative since I POAS this morning, CD 30. Trying not to feel overwhelmed and hopeless. My head is swimming with what to do next. I believe it is likely my grief has affected my fertility, but I am unclear if it would be wise to go on an antidepressant, or if that itself would add risks or cause infertility. Will discuss with RE when she suggests next steps. I also need to find motivation to exercise, which might provide the serotonin I need. I used to love it and was quite fit through my pregnancy, but since have lost all interest. I guess that is a classic sign of depression, huh. Once I get my period, I would like to allow myself a day or two of coffee and wine – are other abstaining and if so, do you allow for any at your period? Coffee is a powerful mood booster for me, so it has been tough.

Post # 149
418 posts
Helper bee

anev :  Still waiting for a decision on our appeal. Luckily the last cycle I only needed 1 monitoring appt so it won’t be that much extra and my boss graciously is covering the extra costs from last cycle for us.

Post # 150
1622 posts
Bumble bee

peacefulnature :  I drink both wine and coffee. I didn’t drink either at all for the month before and during stims, but otherwise I limit myself to one cup of coffee per day and wine in moderation whenever I feel like it (which isn’t that often but I don’t limit myself). I’m trying to exercise more to help improve blood flow and circulation too

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors