OCTOBER 2019 POAS – INFERTILITY EDITION (12+ Months and/or Seeking Treatment)

posted 2 months ago in TTC
Post # 166
1628 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

mrsstephjbee :  your embryo is beautiful! My clinic also waits 14 days after transfer for beta which is a long time. I’m on the bcp right now and this month is just crawling by…

mrsalexander :  sorry about af. I’ve had a couple really early kind fuck cycles in the last two years, it really challenges your perseverance in this. Hopefully next month is your month.

DogsAndWine :  letrozole does reduce your estrogen but it didn’t cause spotting for me. Is your RE worried about not shedding your lining? I’ve been around infertility land for a while and I’ve seen a lot of ladies get af induced with provera around cd30 or so, then restart a new cycle.  But it may be different with pcos. Remind me, are you on myo inositol or metformin?

BeepBopB00p :  sorry you’re out

afm, we are going to a cabin this weekend. So excited to unplug and relax. My teaching appt for my transfer is on Tuesday and I’ll start suprefact next weekend. Looking forward to finally getting this show on the road!

Post # 167
11 posts
Newbee

AF arrived early AM Thursday after the first night I stopped progesterone. The kicker- it only lasted all of 24-30 hours !!

Asking doc to look into it- my periods have gotten to be as short as 2 days in the last year, but this is a new low. She is surprised and cannot explain it.

NicLE1218 :  thanks, I asked about depression and she gave me samples for Seronol- it’s a bee product – royal jelly, pollen- with a large dose of chromium, 1000 mcg. Not sure what to think of that…

BeepBopB00p: My heart goes out to you on that experience. Too familiar. Currently my two dearest lifelong friends, both also in their 40s, are due to deliver around the same date- one with her first and the other her third. Trying to figure out how to navigate that- and to be sympathetic to their experiences for the rest of our lives- all while my daughter should be here to grow up with them and I don’t know if or when this story will change.

Anev: Enjoy, sounds lovely!!

Post # 168
117 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: November 2016

anev :  Thank you! I hope you had an amazing relaxing weekend. I have a question for you because I feel like you always know 😃😂 Do you think after transfer a 6 day blastocyst starts implanting immediately if it’s hatched? I know normally you would implant sometime after 5 dpo in a natural pregnancy but what happens in IVF? 

I’m 3dp transfer today with no symptoms except for the tiredness and horrible skin breakouts from estrogen and progesterone. Also my stomach is COVERED in GROSS looking huge clexane bruises. 

Post # 169
1628 posts
Bumble bee

mrsstephjbee :  haha I don’t have all the answers, but my clinic says a 5d blast should implant in 2-4 days (and you could see a very faint BFP as soon as 2 days after that). I would say already being hatched could speed up implantation time to the lower end of that range! My fingers are crossed for you!

Post # 170
3305 posts
Sugar bee

BeepBopB00p :  It is so so unfair. No one deserves to feel the pain of infertility but it’s the biggest gut punch watching people have ooopsie babies when we’ve done everything right and want nothing more than a baby of our own. 

I go to therapy to help with my feelings surrounding infertility but it doesnt matter what I do, I get so distressed and get a migraine when someone close to me announces a pregnancy. It’s like rubbing salt into the wound 🙄 

Post # 174
762 posts
Busy bee

I guess I should rollover since my FET is scheduled for October 23 (crossing fingers!) and my beta would be November 1. I go in tomorrow for one last blood work and lining check to make sure we are good to go. 

Post # 175
799 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

Hi Ladies,

Im finding it harder and harder to stay positive about getting pregnant/having another baby. Do you think you’ll just “know” when to call it quits? We’ve been trying for years with no positive and it’s really starting to consume every aspect of my life in a negative way. I’m normally a positive, bubbly person but I feel like I’m losing myself through this process of TTC. Do you have an age where you’ll stop? An amount of money? A feeling? I wish I had a crystal ball….

Post # 176
11 posts
Newbee

mrsalexander :  I really wish I could answer this better. I’m just sharing that I have the same concern/question (albeit after less time and a different journey). Sometimes I feel as if the all-consuming importance of becoming pregnant is almost getting in the way of it. Like if I could miraculously focus elsewhere, I might have more luck. Certainly there are those stories of people giving up and then having a surprise. I have yet to find a doctor who gives me total confidence in their knowledge and process, therefore I might hit the pause button before spending even larger sums on medical routes – until I feel more assured on their expertise. The costs are sort of shameful, considering the patients are in such a position that they would leverage everything if needed.

Post # 177
876 posts
Busy bee

Fingers crossed for everyone! I learned today that 5mg of letrozole worked! I have a 22mm follicle so it’s looking like I’ll O tomorrow or Thursday. My POAS date will be early November so I’m rolling over. 

Post # 178
3580 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 2016 - Manhattan, NY

Hi all! I’m popping in to ask if anyone here is using donor sperm and would be willing to talk about how you made up until this point. I wish I could be a part of the roll call but we don’t speak with our RE about our options with using a donor until mid-November. It’s been such a long road up until this point… Many talks turned to arguments, going to counseling… At one point, I didn’t know if our marriage would survive. But I’ve always wanted to be a mother. I was SO excited to finally start TTC with my husband over a year ago. The thought of getting pregnant and carrying our baby, giving birth… I really couldn’t let that go, and I’m grateful that my husband is willing to use a donor so that we can hopefully start our family now. I’m hoping and praying for a pregnancy in 2020! Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

Post # 179
1628 posts
Bumble bee

ladyvictoria :  sorry that you’ve made it to this point, everyone’s journey is different but we are all in this together. I’m going to tag NicLE1218 :  because they’ve been using donor sperm for iui and she’s going to be one of your biggest sources of information.  As far as the affect of infertility on a relationship/marriage, this is a crushing reality that everyone on here has faced at some point. I do feel like once your relationship gets through infertility it is stronger ❤️

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors