OCTOBER 2019 POAS – INFERTILITY EDITION (12+ Months and/or Seeking Treatment)

posted 2 months ago in TTC
Post # 31
797 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

I’ll be calling today to ask a million questions, BUT when the best time to see an acupuncturist for fertility?

Post # 32
1617 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

mrsalexander :  start anytime! 

Post # 33
431 posts
Helper bee

mrsalexander :  I’m super jealous about your trip! I have a handful of co-workers who are from Trinidad so it makes me want to visit that much more. 

Post # 34
797 posts
Busy bee

anev :     thanks! i’m booked in for this weekend ๐Ÿ™‚

MrsHawkeye :  Oh awesome! It’s beautiful there. My husband was born there and still has quite a bit of family there so we visit about every other year. Delicious food, such nice people, and great views!

Post # 35
324 posts
Helper bee

mrsalexander :  I’m having the same kind of month. It sucks. I hope October is our month <3

Post # 36
797 posts
Busy bee

heartandstars :  Ugh it suuucks. I hope you find a little something to make you feel better ๐Ÿ™‚ and I’m hoping even more that we get BFP’S this month! 

Post # 37
4029 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2016

Finally coming out of lurking to comment for the first time…

some background/ had an early MC at close to 6 weeks last November then took some time off after there were some tragedies in my family (cousin and sister passed away). After the MC we were TTC up until August, nothing was happening so I contacted my OB to ask them to repeat ultrasound on the left ovarian cyst the hospital saw after my MC. It’s now 4 cm and I was told that it’s endometrosis. This is the first time I am hearing that even though I’ve had severe stomach pain on and off for the past four years or so. Always thought it was IBS but now I’m finding out that it’s probably just the endo… Went to a fertility doc and are now starting my journey for IUI and possibly IVF.

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age: 33, 34 in 2 weeks/35

Baby #: 1

Cycles TTC: approx. 20 

Current CD/DPO: I’m still not completely up on the lingo ๐Ÿ™

Usual cycle length: 25-27

Ovulation date or procedure (and what kind): Bloodwork and HSG next Monday to check tubes to see if I’m a candidate for IUI or IVF 

POAS/Beta day: Not sure 

Known fertility issues: Endometriosis

BFP plan: see above 

Trying anything new this month?: I was put on thyroid meds as I have a high thyroid number and they want to see it around 2.5, and prenatals not sure what else I should be doing but I’m sure a diet wouldn’t hurt.

For Fun – Do you have any fall traditions for you and your spouse, or family in general?: apple picking tmrw 

Post # 38
4029 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2016

Your story sounds similar to mine. Wish you a lot of luck and a sticky rainbow. I just found out I have endo and I’m pretty upset considering my cyst isn’t something new (been there for prob 4 years now) and I seriously feel like it’s my fault for going off BC for so long. (I just didn’t feel like myself anymore and wanted a break.) lucky_charm :  

Post # 39
1617 posts
Bumble bee

heartandstars :  sorry to see you rolled over. Have you heard anything from your clinic for the ivf waitlist?

Cheekie0077 :  welcome! These boards have been a wealth of information and have fostered some real friendships! I’m glad you stopped lurking! As far as lingo, CD is calendar day of cycle, dpo is days past ovulation.  It sucks that you may have had endo all this time, a 4 cm endometrioma they may recommend a lap to remove it ๐Ÿ˜ฌ. Your TSH ideally should be between 1-2 for fertility, hopefully it comes down nicely!

AFM, CD1 is *finally* here. I call the clinic tomorrow to start the bcp for my fet (which won’t be until mid end of November based on all the prep). This is such a long process ๐Ÿ˜ฌ. At least the wait gives me time to save up more money to pay cash for this next part ๐Ÿ˜ฌ๐Ÿ˜ฌ.

Post # 42
1617 posts
Bumble bee

NicLE1218 :  pom juice at trader joes is reasonably priced! I stocked up when I was in the USA this summer lol. I’m super jealous of your cabin adventures, we want to get a cabin so badly (and honestly we would have bought this summer if not for our IF issues). I’m glad you have a plan for your husband’s family – if they ask. Honeslty no one asks us anymore (our two year anniversary was in August and we started TTC right away after). 

Post # 45
418 posts
Helper bee

It’s been a really rough week for me. I’ve spent most of it crying dealing with our insurance company and starting to think ahead to make decisions I don’t want to make about our treatment. This journey is so unfair. 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors