OCTOBER 2019 POAS – INFERTILITY EDITION (12+ Months and/or Seeking Treatment)

posted 2 months ago in TTC
Post # 76
10 posts
Newbee

NicLE1218 :  Thank you! 

ALA is Alpha Lipoic Acid, it’s supposed to help with egg quality. My husband has done a couple sperm analysis before and everything seems to be fine. He recenly did another one to check for DNA fragmentation so we are waiting on the results for that. The RE didn’t suggest an HSG, he is sending me for a sonohysterogram which I think checks the tubes as well. The naturopath is recommending accupuncture.

I’m looking forward to meeting with the RE later this month so we can at least have a better idea of what’s going on and formulating a plan.

Post # 77
613 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2016

I’m out.

Post # 79
876 posts
Busy bee

I wasn’t going to post here because I’m still relatively new to this, but I’m feeling discouraged. After my miscarriage in July I was diagnosed with PCOS.  I began 2.5mg of letrozole last week. I went in for my CD12 testing today and…it didn’t work. I will go back in 3 days to see if maybe it just needs more time, and my dosage will be increased if needed. I know it’s probably a fixable issue, but it’s just disappointing. I thought letrozole would be the magic solution and everything would be just peachy from here on out! ARGH. Any tips on maximizing your success on letrozole? I have no insulin resistance issues. 

Post # 80
1629 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

DogsAndWine :  do you chart to know if you ovulate regularly? What sort of testing did you have on cd12 – ultrasound? Are you seeing an RE or an obgyn? 

As far as letrozole – I don’t have pcos but I tried 6 cycles of letrozole just to “increase my chances”, but I was doing 5 mg from cd3-7. 2.5 mg is a low starting dose and higher doses can still be successful

Post # 81
876 posts
Busy bee

anev :  Yes, I’ve been charting for 13 months. I ovulate anywhere between day 25 and day 70. No regularity whatsoever! Day 12 was an ultrasound; I see an RE. I had 47 follicles-no that’s not a typo- at my ultrasound on day 3 but apparently none of them are doing anything. Fingers crossed that if thee’s no movement in 3 days at least a higher dose will do the trick! 

Post # 82
1629 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

DogsAndWine :  that’s incredibly frustrating of your body for taking so long to o. I assume you e had the other routine parameters checked (fsh, LH, prolactin, tsh, etc). My AFC was 36 (which was surprising since I don’t have pcos!), but I imagine it would be so disappointing to not see the follicles grow.  I would definitely ask to do 5 mg next time and see if that is what your body needs to get more regular. Also, as far as supplements go even if you don’t have insulin resistance my RE recommended myo inositol and ubiquinol- both help with egg quality.  I’m glad you found our IF niche, it is daunting to post on here at first. I’m sure some of the other ladies will weigh in with their experiences. Some people also respond better to clomid than letrozole.

Post # 88
876 posts
Busy bee

NicLE1218 :  I’ve heard the milk fat thing too! I switched from skim to whole maybe a month ago, so we’ll see! No follicles growing yet, unfortunately. I had thought with freaking 47 that at least ONE of them would be inspired to start doing the right thing but nope the whole crew is lazy. 

The doctor said that I can just start a higher dose of letrozole right away after the next scan rather than waiting an eternity for a new cycle to start, so that’s good at least. 

Post # 89
235 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2017

NicLE1218 :  got my period right on time as usual. I’ll be preparing for a FET in November!

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors