OCTOBER 2019 POAS – INFERTILITY EDITION (12+ Months and/or Seeking Treatment)

posted 1 month ago in TTC
Post # 106
4027 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2016

tHanks also for your reply about the HSG. I feel like I was definitely in the minority with the pain level. I have a pretty high tolerance for pain so the fact that it literally took my breath away and I cried was definitely shocking. 

anev :  

Post # 107
4027 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2016

So sorry to hear about the loss of your child: and I am also glad that you found this board as I am also new here. The ladies have been very welcoming and helpful and I hope we can be that way for you as well. Praying for your rainbow peacefulnature :  

Post # 108
8 posts
Newbee

Thank you all for the welcome!

Cheekie0077 :  Thanks very much for your prayers! Very sorry about your HSG experience- I had a similar experience in 2017 and for me I think it was due to a thick lining so it actually triggered a very heavy period, which scared me a lot and I went to the ER – but in the end nothing was wrong. I have since had a painless HSG in the last year- completely different experience. Hoping you feel completely better already tomorrow! Take it extra easy this month. It is a great step towards finding answers.

Dr_dazzle: Thanks for the hugs and wishes. My doctor (she) is an RE. The progesterone is giving me chin acne and yesterday I ate a great deal of ice creamsealed. My levels were normal at ovulation, but we wanted to try something new. 

RaccoonKitty: Thank you. It is unimaginable, and should be impossible for everyone. I’m very involved with activism for prevention now, because there is stuff doctors could do to to cut down on rates. I think I do belong here – to your point I have a group of close loss mom friends and many are pregnant again. I want to connect with ppl about this part of it.

Post # 109
885 posts
Busy bee

Welp, had a second scan and blood draw today and confirmed 2.5mg of letrozole did nothing. Will start on 5mg as soon as the pharmacy gets it in (hopefully today!) 

Back to square one but hopefully 5mg does the trick.  

Post # 110
1515 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

MrsHawkeye :  sorry to hear you are rolling over :(. It’s a good move to see the RE and hopefully your hsg experience will be better than some described on here

MrsMeowton :  sorry to hear about the CPs. I haven’t experienced them, but I can imagine it is just devastating to see that line then have it go away so fast. You mentioned this is your 3rd femara cycle— were the other two Femara cycles your CPs? If so I hope the third time is the charm!

Tess63110 :  oh no, I’m so sorry to hear your donor egg cycle was cancelled. Was it a fluke or do they think she’ll be a poor responder?

peacefulnature :  welcome and so sorry you are joining us. Stillbirth must be the cruelest form of infertility and I’m so sorry for your loss. I hope that this group becomes as helpful for you as it has for me. I’m glad you’ve found an understanding doctor to continue your journey.

Post # 111
1515 posts
Bumble bee

Cheekie0077 :  I have a high pain tolerance too, maybe it had to do with the speed your doctor injected the dye, or the total volume? It’s definitely unfair to think something is going to be a breeze and have it be so excruciating 

DogsAndWine :  I just took 2 x 2.5 mg letrozole! I didn’t even know they came as a 5 mg. Hope this dose does better for you. If it’s been a long time since you’ve had a period would your doctor induce one with provera before starting the next round of letrozole? Let things get back down to baseline?

Post # 112
1515 posts
Bumble bee

AFM, I’ve started the bcp and already feel bloated. Oh well it’s a means to an end and I start suprefact on Oct 26th!

Post # 116
396 posts
Helper bee

6dpiui and I’m having little cramps. OBVIOUSLY IMPLANTATION, right?! lol

Post # 118
790 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

Just throwing it out there that I haaaaatet TWW….despise it. Every single twinge convinces me I’m pregnant (I’m maybe 3DPO haha), then the other half of my brain males me feel like an idiot for thinking that way. Gah! So I think I O’d a little earlier, maybe by a day or so but whatever. 

It’s Thanksgiving weekend in Canada and I am SO looking forward to the long weekend!!!

Post # 119
310 posts
Helper bee

Turns out we are out for October – my rubella titers were inderminate so I had to have my rubella shot before IVF. So no trying before our cycle, which is sooo annoying. I had really hoped to have one last shot. 

mrsalexander :  The TWW is the worst. 

BeepBopB00p :  Possibly!?

anev :  Yay!!!!! You’re getting so close to your FET!

peacefulnature :  So sorry to hear of your loss. You are definitely welcome here. 

Cheekie0077 :  My HSG hurt really badly too for a few minutes, then it was over. I felt pretty normal afterwards, and had minimal spotting. 

Post # 120
116 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: November 2016

Hey ladies, just updating that I have my transfer date! The 17th of October. We are so excited, nervous and hopeful. I don’t know how soon after the transfer I will have a pregnancy test (anyone know?) We’re transfering our only PGS normal embryo, a day 6BB. Trying not to think about anything negative. Good wishes/ prayers would be GREATLY appreciated!

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors