October 2019 POAS

posted 1 month ago in TTC
Post # 61
2229 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2018

Hey all. I’m supposed to be like ~8-9 weeks pregnant but I’m having a missed miscarriage and have a D&c schedule for Wednesday 😥 I’m not sure if I will POAS in October but figured I’d roll call anyway  

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age: 37/46

Baby #: 2 – baby boy is 2 weeks short of 1 year old

Current Cycle Day/DPO: negative days lol

Ovulation Date: ?

POAS Date: ?

Usual Cycle Length: 31 days but my cycle is wonky from being postpartum and obviously will be from this MC

Cycles Trying: we had two cycles of NTNP and got pregnant with this now-MC. So I guess this will be our third. We conceived our son on our first try, and got pregnant easily this time too, so I hope it’ll happen quickly again for us ❤️

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.):  I’m going to temp, time our BD well, and obviously take prenatals as it’s super important early on!

Trying anything new this month? Try not to stress lol 

Link to your chart if charting: 

For fun: 

What is the strangest TTC advice you’ve heard or tried? “Stop trying and it’ll happen” sooooo annoying 

Post # 62
876 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2017

sassybeee :   sunnyorchid :  I’m so sorry for both of your losses ❤️ MC is so hard even when it’s early. 

Post # 63
103 posts
Blushing bee

KittyYogi :  I’m so sorry for your loss. That’s so horrible. Even though I just had a CP, losing a baby at 8 weeks must be so much worse since you’re starting to feel more confident about the pregnancy. 

catmom17 :  thank you. I was very sad for a while. I imagined my life with the new baby, gave up my office to make it the new nursery. I’m feeling a bit better now. It is what it is.

I think I am 2DPO, FF friend thinks I am 3dpo but I disagree. The temperature change was not as clear as compared to the previous cycles but I am feeling super tired and have sore hips. So it’s probably safe to say that I ovulated. This is my first month temping vaginally.

The first super low temp was oral but I was sick, congested and couldn’t keep my mouth closed because I needed to breathe LOL. The second temp was the first time vag and I might have had a little fever. 

I think our BD timing was decent but I am freaking out a bit because I had a mocha frappuccino yesterday even though I was planning to stop drinking caffeine. Darling Husband brought it home for me, I could have just said “no thanks” but I have no self control. 

I might POAS on Sep 29, 10 dpo. I was reading the discussion in the September POAS thread, that it’s actually a good idea to keep track of CP, for future reference to get potential fertility treatment. My original plan was to POAS 12 dpo.

Post # 64
6372 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: September 2015

sunnyorchid :  I would agree you’re 2dpo too. Maybe your crosshairs will change with your temp tomorrow? If you did O on CD 16, our BD timing was similar this cycle! FX for your BFP ❤️

Post # 65
29 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2015

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age: 28/30

Baby #: 1

Current Cycle Day/DPO: 1!

Ovulation Date: Premom is predicting Oct 8, but I’m wondering if I O a bit later… possibly as late as Oct 12  

POAS Date: Oct 22

Usual Cycle Length: 30-31 days

Cycles Trying: 2

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): Charting BBT, I’m going to try to be more diligent with OPKs to get a better idea of when I’m Oing. Been taking prenatal for a few months now. BD EOD, and going to try to continue past when I think I O just in case we miss it and I O late. 

Trying anything new this month? I think just being more diligent with OPKs… I kind of gave up last month (first month using them), but looking back on my chart, I think I missed it cuz it was later than expected.

For fun: 

What is the strangest TTC advice you’ve heard or tried? I had never heard of mucinex before being on these boards… not sure that I’m ready to give it a go, but interesting to read about. 

Post # 66
2229 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2018

sunnyorchid :  thank you. yes, I was pregnant for almost a month…. that’s a lot of time to imagine this particular baby joining our little family 😥 I’m sorry about your CP and hope that October is your month!

Post # 67
1517 posts
Bumble bee

KittyYogi :  Oh noooo Kitty 🙁 Shit that sucks so hard and I’m SO sorry. I hope your D&C goes smoothly. I had a MC around 8 weeks. Baby stopped growing at around 6 weeks but by the time they figured out what had happened my body started passing it on it’s own. Those 2 weeks of limbo were hell and my bleeding was AWFUL, so a D&C would have saved me a lot of physical discomfort. 

sunnyorchid :  I also agree that you’re 2dpo! 

catlover123 :  Hahah yeah I never heard of mucinex before these boards either. It’s strange to use phlegm medicine to get better CM, but also kinda makes sense if you think about it!

Post # 68
327 posts
Helper bee

Has anyone ever had a chart like this before? It doesn’t look as pretty as the rest of yours, but I got cross hairs for last Thursday. Not sure how accurate it is though as my temp this am was taken super late and we drank last night, and my temp yesterday was also taken late. Hoping I can get a more accurate chart with tempdrop.

Post # 69
272 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2016

caitlinbee :  

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age: 27/35

Current Cycle Day/DPO: cd16

Ovulation Date: hoping for cd18 but it varies a lot 

POAS Date: 10/4?

Usual Cycle Length: ~30

Cycles Trying: this is cycle 9, second after CP

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): prenatal, Coq10, Ava bracelet, charting on FF, BD EOD

Trying anything new this month? Trying to be slightly more relaxed and not really pay attention to my temps or chart

Link to your chart if charting: can’t get my link to post so here’s my chart so far.

For fun: 

What is the strangest TTC advice you’ve heard or tried?  Idk every month we try to mix it up a little, still trying to find what works!

Post # 70
77 posts
Worker bee

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age:  27 / 34 

Baby #: 3

Current Cycle Day/DPO: CD5

Ovulation Date: going to guess it will be about 10/02

POAS Date: going to guess about 10/15. Both may change, I’ll take ovulation tests to check. 

Usual Cycle Length: 28 days

Cycles Trying: 0 – not trying/not preventing. We got a surprise pregnancy this month but it ended in a chemical which I’m just now finishing bleeding from. 

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.):  I will use ovulation tests.

Trying anything new this month? Nope, just going with the flow.

Post # 71
26 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: February 2015

Didnt think i was going to do this. We were going to “see what happens” but who can really do that lol! 

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age: 26/28 

Baby #: 2

Current Cycle Day/DPO: 3dpo according to FF

Ovulation Date: cd15 9/20/19

POAS Date: 10/2/19 i have a 12 day lp

Usual Cycle Length: recently 25-28

Cycles Trying: 1

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): charting, opk.

Trying anything new this month? Nope

For fun: wierdest advise; “tell hibs to point it to the left when having sex for you guys to get a boy” i shit you not this was said to us and i was like…. what🤨 

Post # 72
14 posts
Newbee

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age: 29/29

Current Cycle Day/DPO: 3 dpo 

Ovulation Date: CD 17 – 09/20/19

POAS Date: 10/2/19 

Usual Cycle Length: 30-31 days 

Cycles Trying: 2

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): Ava bracelet, OPK, prenatals, charting

Trying anything new this month? Nope but if I get a BFN this month then I am going to try orally/vaginally temping in the morning to supplement the skin temp from my aca bracelet. I don’t trust my Ava bracelet/it is harder to interpret 

For fun: wierdest advice: use an OPK when you get a smiley face/positive have sex three times in a row. It’s not wrong but also does seem kind of hilarious 

Post # 73
103 posts
Blushing bee

SeaOfLove :  thanks dear! Fingers crossed you’re getting your BFP.

KittyYogi :  thank you!

Hopefully you are getting your sticky beans very soon.

My temperature increased some more. I wonder how it will continue from now on. 

I’m eating like a pig, last month I was still kind of intermittent fasting and then I had the CP. Now I am constantly eating. Ugh! I gained so much weight already which is annoying because I was just 3 lbs away from my absolute goal weight. I was 20 lbs below pregnancy weight and about to Marie Kondo my closet. I was able to fit in all my old clothes again but that’s over already. No! If I am not pregnant this month I need to get better about what I am snacking on. Rant over.

I feel very much not pregnant. Last month I was so confident but a CP is a very humbling experience. I’m 4 dpo today.

Post # 74
1605 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

KittyYogi :  nooooo I hate that you’re back here 🙁 I am so so sorry love. Sending you so many hugs.

Post # 75
1605 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

Took a few days off from the boards but I’m popping back in to say hi! It’s CD12, negative OPK, small temp jump this AM but I think it’s because I had wine last night. I’m so worried I’m gonna miss O because of my MC (have no idea if my cycle is going to go back to normal). I think we’re going to start BDing EOD but I don’t want to wear us out too much. 

Doing much better after my MC now though. It’s been almost 2 weeks since it happened, and while I’m still sad when I think about it I find that it’s easier to distance myself for now. I still think that my therapy session on Wednesday is going to be so helpful though!

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors