October 2019 POAS

posted 2 months ago in TTC
Post # 978
998 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

ktrv927 :  Those look like great lines! Congrats!!!

Post # 979
2989 posts
Sugar bee

ktrv927 :  Those are good lines! The things to worry about it will never go away, not even after baby is here or turns 18, so just take some deep breaths, relax and enjoy the MOMENT. You’re pregnant! Congratulations!

AFM, my temps seem to have settled down, which is cool. CM is still not progressing past “creamy” (could they come up with more gross words?), so that’s …. cool I guess. CD14, so I think it’s safe to say this will be another longer cycle. Trying really hard to only let my son nurse three times a day, when we wake up in the morning, before nap (though he hasn’t the last two days before nap) and before bed. So far it’s working. Hoping it’s enough to knock down my prolactin levels. 

I have an appointment with my OB on Tuesday, so I’m going to ask for bloodwork and see if I can get a better idea of what’s happening. Given I’ve had my period now for 7 months I *should* be ovulating regularly, but that’s not happening. Soooooo! OPKs will be here this afternoon so I’ll start with them tonight and see what they say (not even close to ovulating I’m sure).

Post # 980
538 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2016

MsPlucky :  It is so frustrating when you aren’t ovulating or not ovulating regularly. I bought OPK’s about 40 days ago, and at first was inconsistent. For the last 25-30 days i’ve been consistent. Be prepared to pee on all the sticks and get a bit disheartened when they show up negative despite day after day after day of testing. I did finally get what looked like a surge (see earlier posts for pic) but who knows if that actually resulted in ovulation. I also added in temping but after the surge, so with no baseline, I can’t tell if it shifted up or not. Now its a waiting game to see if my cycle is back in gear. 

I also fed my son for 14 months and stopped on August 1. I did not get a period before stopping and am still waiting on my first post-baby. Its very weird to have something so regularly all your life and then not all of a sudden. 

Post # 981
2392 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2018

sunsetsnmargaritas :   SeaOfLove :   hopfenn :  thanks ladies! He’s such a sweetie pie.

congrsts to the BFPs!!! SeaofLove I hope this includes you! ❤️

As for me, just chilling post-miscarriage and hoping I ovulate soon …. 

Post # 982
538 posts
Busy bee

KittyYogi :  i am sorry about your miscarriage. Do you know if your HCG levels have returned to normal?

Post # 983
6604 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: September 2015

ash94 :  I’m sorry, dear.  Definitely don’t trust the app unless you’re logging BBT and/or OPKs (even solely OPKs might give you the wrong O-date.  I hope it’s just too early.  FX for you!

Post # 984
6604 posts
Bee Keeper

KittyYogi :  Thank you, darling <3  

Those are some high FP temps!  Mine were high post-miscarriage, as well, then started decreasing before I O’d.  Have you tried some OPKs?

Post # 985
2392 posts
Buzzing bee

AstonMartin :  thanks. Yeah, it sucked because we feel the press of time (I’m 37 and hubs is 46) and want to add to our family soon!  I don’t know for sure on the hcg. The highest they were, about a month ago, was 39,000, and two weeks ago they had dropped to 15 or so. I just had another blood draw yesterday, so hopefully later today I’ll find out if they’re back to zero. 

Post # 986
6604 posts
Bee Keeper

MsPlucky :  Oh man.  That’s so frustrating.  I hope you get some answers about what’s going on soon!

Post # 987
2392 posts
Buzzing bee

SeaOfLove :  I haven’t tried OPKs. Probably should, but I have like 50 cheapie preggo tests and 0 opks, haha. Amazon to the rescue! I looked back at my cycle when I got pregnant with T and the temps aren’t tooooo different though.. 

Post # 988
538 posts
Busy bee

KittyYogi :  oh wow! they were high. I’m sending you so many hugs. I feel you on the pull of time. I’m 36, so not far behind you. Do you guys want 2 or more?

Post # 989
2392 posts
Buzzing bee

AstonMartin :  hopefully you’ll get your next one stat! We used to just want 2, but with our kiddo’s diagnosis, I’ve lately been liking the idea of having a whole little support team around him in the form of two other siblings. Of course that’s the idealized version and assumes that we wouldn’t have any other special needs kids… whereas the chance of autism and other diagnoses goes up with older dads and moms… so who knows. Hoping to pop another out soon and then decide. I could see us eventually trying for a third and if it happens, it happens, and if not, that’s fine too. I’d probably be 39 by then 👵🏼

How about you?

Post # 990
538 posts
Busy bee

KittyYogi :  We always said 2. But when we had my son I wanted a whole herd. My husband’s balanced mind still prevails and we are still on the 2 but not closing the door to 3 train. I think we will have to see how it goes. 

Post # 991
906 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

ktrv927 :  that second one looks nice and clear!!

Post # 992
2117 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: March 2019

KittyYogi :  So sorry about the MC, but my goodness your son is just aboslutely adorable! And don’t stress too much about the age factor! I’m 36 (will be 37 at the end of the month) and just got prego with my first. You guys will be great! Good luck to you! 

SeaOfLove :  FX you get your BFP soon! 

MsPlucky :  Ugh, sorry this is all stretching out for you! Good luck and I hope everything comes out positive! 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors