How many cycles trying? We weren’t ๐Ÿ˜‚ accidents happen

When did you get your BFP? 12 dpo – but I knew way before

Who have you told? 2 friends

When do you plan to tell other people? 12 weeks

How did you tell your partner? Just told him flat out

Any symptoms? Peeing a ton, a little nausea, always hungry

What are you most excited about? Seeing my son become a big brother ๐Ÿ˜ญ 

When is your first appointment? March 3rd

Are you planning on finding out the sex? Yes! I have no idea how people can handle waiting.

Anything else? Very anxious about this pregnancy this time around. Hoping to get to enjoy it though, my son’s pregnancy I held my breath the whole time thinking something was going to go wrong.

Post # 4
557 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

How old are you and partner?

28/31

How far along are you?

around 5 weeks

Estimated Due Date?

October 12

What baby # is this?

How many cycles trying?

When did you get your BFP?
Jan 30

Who have you told?

My husband, my boss to ask for time off for a midwife appointment,  my assistant and the behaviour manager

When do you plan to tell other people?

I’m torn, I want to tell some people as soon as possible but don’t want to lose the baby and crush them with disappointment

How did you tell your partner?

I tested out of curiosity before my period was due, I brought it into the bedroom and made him read it there and then…. he said oh

Any symptoms?
Twinge in my lower back, nausea, fatigue, sore nipples, needing to see all the time

What are you most excited about?

Nervous and excited, my own little human

When is your first appointment?
March 5th 

Are you planning on finding out the sex?
Yes

Post # 6
557 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

beepee :  I just want to tell  people but I’m nervous if anything goes wrong.  Darling Husband is a lot calmer but I think he’s still processing 

How did your partner take to being a dad?

Post # 8
47 posts
Newbee

I have also been checking all the time for this board, so thanks for starting it! 

ROLL CALL  

How old are you and partner? We are both 32

How far along are you? Just over 6 weeks

Estimated Due Date? October 2nd

What baby # is this? 2, we have a 2.5 year old daughter

How many cycles trying? We’ve been trying for awhile. We had a miscarriage in September which was hard so we were trying before that and since.

When did you get your BFP? January 23

Who have you told? A couple friends that knew we were struggling and my mom (was going to wait to surprise her but I went to visit this weekend and I am in rough shape lol)

When do you plan to tell other people? Probably around 12 week 

How did you tell your partner? I just told him, not as cute as the first time – I got a squinter on a cheap test and then the digital said not pregnant so I wasn’t really sure.

Any symptoms? Sore boobs, so nauseous, tired

What are you most excited about? I am really excited for my daughter to be a big sister 

When is your first appointment? I already had my first appointment with my doctor, but I have my ultrasound on the 24th

Are you planning on finding out the sex? Yes! 

Post # 9
105 posts
Blushing bee

beepee :  I’m still really anxious ๐Ÿ˜Š but I started to feel more optimistic when I went to get my second beta done. All things happen for a reason and it’s out of my control. I guess I should be glad I’m not super symptomatic like last time – because puking multiple times a day for all 9 months was no fun!

Post # 10
53 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

ROLL CALL  

How old are you and partner? 36/41

How far along are you? 3W+1 (eaaaaaaarly days)

Estimated Due Date? 25 October 

What baby # is this? 2 I have an almost 2 year old

How many cycles trying? 1. I miscarried in October and this has been the first active TTC cycle.

When did you get your BFP? Today!!!!

Who have you told? Husband and a friend

When do you plan to tell other people? Probably when the baby is born hehe.

How did you tell your partner? Unclassily. He saw me pee.

Any symptoms? A little cramp now and then, a few nose bleeds and slightly tender breasts. 

What are you most excited about? A sibling to my daughter but honestly, trying not to be too excited. And need to remember I’m pregnant so I don’t accidentally drink alcohol or eat oysters. 

When is your first appointment? I might wait a few more weeks before making an appointment. 

Are you planning on finding out the sex? Not decided. 

Anything else? Nope but congrats everyone!!

Post # 12
693 posts
Busy bee

ROLL CALL  

How old are you and partner? 30/31

How far along are you? I’m 11 DPO, and I have no idea how that translates into pregnancy time. I guess 3 weeks, 3 days?

Estimated Due Date? October 16 if done from date of conception; October 23 if done from last period date

What baby # is this? 1

How many cycles trying? 4, but only 2 of them was my timing right. I was getting my OV date right until I started using OPKs.

When did you get your BFP? 2/8 – 8 DPO – very very faint line

Who have you told? My husband and my 2 BFFs

When do you plan to tell other people? At least 5 or 6 weeks from now

How did you tell your partner? He was working so I jumped in the car holding the stick and drove to his office LOL

Any symptoms? Really thirsty, but that’s about it

What are you most excited about? Honestly, probably delivery. I know that’s probably a weird answer.

When is your first appointment? 2/21

Are you planning on finding out the sex? Not sure yet

Anything else? I just feel really fortunate to have conceived as quick as we did. The 2/21 appointment was initially set to determine why my cycles were weird and why I was always cramping, and now it’s turned into my first baby mama appointment. I’m just in awe of how quick everything changes.

Post # 13
47 posts
Newbee

snowysaku :  I spent a huge amount of my first pregnancy throwing up too… it was awful. Diclectin was the only reason I could function.

Post # 14
254 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2018

ROLL CALL  

How old are you and partner? 37/39

How far along are you? 5 weeks

Estimated Due Date? 9 October 

What baby # is this? 1

How many cycles trying? Over a year

When did you get your BFP? Blood work from doctor today

Who have you told? Husband 

When do you plan to tell other people? Not sure yet

How did you tell your partner? Rang him

Any symptoms? Sore boobs, tiredness 

What are you most excited about? Seeing my husband with the baby.

When is your first appointment?

Are you planning on finding out the sex? Yes

Anything else? 

Post # 15
1111 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2017

How old are you and partner? Both 33

How far along are you? 5 weeks 4 days

Estimated Due Date? October 11

What baby # is this? 1

How many cycles trying? We got it on our first try! Kind of couldn’t believe it. I had been tracking with OPKs and the Ovia app since October when I went off the pill, but we didn’t start trying til January after we moved to a new state.

When did you get your BFP? February 3, the day after my missed period

Who have you told? Nobody but my husband so far

When do you plan to tell other people? We’ll see my husband’s family at about 11 weeks so we’ll tell them then as they’ll guess if I refuse wine lol. So that will be the impetus to tell my family as well. I think we’ll do an actually announcement around the beginning of the second trimester, if all goes well.

How did you tell your partner? He was in the next room, expecting to wait 3 minutes for the stick to register, but the two lines showed up almost immediately so I shouted to him!

Any symptoms? Last week I was nauseated, very tired, had headaches and sore boobs. This week the nausea has subsided and the headaches have lessened.

What are you most excited about? Meeting our baby! I can’t wait to see what features are mine and what are my husband’s.

When is your first appointment? right at 8 weeks, March 4. I’m so excited to see what’s going on in there! We will probably ask for a NIPT to soothe our anxieties.

Are you planning on finding out the sex? Yes, but I’m debating not telling other people to avoid receiving a bunch of super gendered stuff.

Anything else? It still doesn’t feel real yet, especially since my nausea has disappeared this week. I know symptoms come and go, especially in early pregnancy, but it’s one of those things where it sucks to have the symptoms because they’re awful, but then when they disappear I worry. I’m still exercising a good amount, which feels pretty good. 

I’m slightly concerned that we’ll be overwhelmed with family members wanting to visit, both during the pregnancy and after the baby comes (we both have two sets of parents). We also plan to buy a house at some point by the end of the year, which is daunting to think about while pregnant!

Edited to add one more question for folks: I know I’m getting ahead of myself but am really not sure if I’m going to want a medicated or unmedicated birth. Can anyone recommend resources to read up on the different options and pros and cons? If you already have a LO, what did you choose? Would you do the same next time? Thank you!

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors