(Closed) October 24, 2009

posted 9 years ago in October 2009
Post # 3
16 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: December 1969

Hello!

I’m also getting married that day, in Atlanta. Fall will just be beginning, so I’m going to skip the harvest theme and go for a modern looking rich yellow and charcoal gray. 

Don’t have much solidified yet, but so many ideas! 

Post # 4
52 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

Hi all!!!

I’m so excited to read about other brides who have the same date as me!!!  I’m getting married in Connecticut and our reception will be in a barn.  It will be one of those fall New England weddings.  The colors we are using are the deep reds and oranges, copper, brown and green (typical fall colors).  We’re trying for rustic chic.

So far, we have the reception venue, caterer, hotel for out of town guests (there are A LOT!!!) and church.  My Maid/Matron of Honor, mom and I will start dress shopping in the end of February and I’m currently doing research for photographers.

How about you ladies?  How’s the planning going so far?

Post # 5
78 posts
Worker bee

I’m getting married 10-24-09 in the northern Dallas area (actually a historic downtown area of a city north of Dallas). Wedding will be outdoors, afternoon, my colors are chocolate brown, ivory, and shades of purple. So far I have….

– booked ceremony site

– booked reception site (this includes tables, chairs, and catering)

– booked photographer

– booked jazz band

– ordered dress

– looked at wedding bands

– shopped for Bridesmaid or Best Man dresess

– hotel for Out of Town guests

– invitation designer

I should also mention I’m a college senior, currently in my last semester of classes before a do an internship in the summer, so I’m trying to get started early, and get lots accomplished during my breaks.

Post # 6
78 posts
Worker bee

here’s the little collage I made…it’s not as pretty as some of the others i have seen on here, but my the location picture are my real locations, the ring is mine, as well as the dress and the engagement picture ๐Ÿ˜‰ [attachment=107280,1938]

Post # 7
162 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: November 2009

i’m not an oct.24 bride… but that date is my parents’ anniversary and my late grandmother’s birthday–oh how i miss her! you all picked such a wonderful date! congrats to you all and best of luck in your planning!

Post # 8
7431 posts
Busy Beekeeper

Wooohooo 10/24 brides!!  I’m getting married near Baltimore, in a place with a lot of history for my family.  So far we have the venue, dresses, and dj figured out. We’re working on the flowers, caterer, and photographer. Debating on a videographer (FI doesn’t think we need one, but I don’t want it to be a regret, I’ve found a professional who will do it for $500). 

Our colors are going to be black and pool blue, I always wanted these colors and I think they will go nicely with the fall leaves. 

Post # 9
29 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: December 1969

Hello all you 10/24 ladies! I’m getting married in Pittsburgh: traditional Catholic ceremony, not-so-traditional reception (it’s split between a local restaurant and a martini bar). Colors are copper, chocolate brown, sage green and ivory.

Here’s a collage (most of these pictures are of the acutal places I’m having the wedding; for instance, the top lefthand corner is where we’ll be having dinner).

Post # 10
752 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2016

Aww, this was our original plan for a wedding date, and now we’ve found out that due to a problem with our church booking, we might have to go back to it! ๐Ÿ™‚ VictoryB, I’m in Atlanta, too. Found any great autumn vendors yet?

Post # 11
152 posts
Blushing bee

@lagizzle– are you using purple and yellow for colors?? That is what i’m planning on right now (well, for that past couple of weeks those have been top choices). I’d love any other info on how you are incorporating them.

So far I"m thinking purple bridesmaids dresses (same color for all but different dresses), sunflowers for ceremony decoration, and vibrant yellows of different flowers for bouquets. Any feedback??

There is a beautiful yellow bouquet in Martha Stewart Weddings Winter 2009… but I can’t find a link online. I love the look of this one with some other colors too. Do you think it would clash with purple and or sunflowers… be honest please =)

Post # 12
4 posts
Wannabee

I’m a 10/29/09 too!  Both our ceremony and reception will be at a golf course in Toronto.  We have that booked, also an officiant, DJ and some musicians for the ceremony.  I’m not 100% sure about colours, but am definitely leaning towards navy, gold and cream with some splashes of orange (flowers etc.).  Have been thinking about eggplant too though.  The copper green and brown above are swaying me too!  I’m finding this decision really difficult!

Do those of you toward the north like myself think there will still be leaves on the trees on our date?  I’m hoping yes, but I think they may all have fallen by then?  I have always wanted to get married in the fall, but we just booked a couple of weeks ago and all of the Sept/early Oct dates were taken when we went looking for a venue.

Post # 13
78 posts
Worker bee

hirsche – i’m doing chocolate and purples. i like the pink and yellow, but maybe go with a deeper yellow, like more on the gold side, but not metallic, to keep it not looking like Easter. ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 14
107 posts
Blushing bee

Our date is 10.16.2009 and we’re going with tangerine and navy.  I’m thinking about throwing in a little blush to kind of soften those strong colors.

Post # 15
440 posts
Helper bee

I’m a 10.24.09 bride as well, but not really planning on a fall theme – it was just the first available date that worked for us! ๐Ÿ™‚ 

But our ceremony will be outdoors on a lake, so I’m crossing my fingers not all the leaves will have dropped by then!

Post # 16
41 posts
Newbee

I am an October 24th girl!!  I am using Bordeaux, chocolate, lime green, and shades of orange in my wedding.  It is very fall without using the traditional fall oranges and reds.  We are getting married in NC at a vineyard/winery.  I have an inspiration board that details my colors and location…

The topic ‘October 24, 2009’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors