(Closed) October 3, 2009

posted 9 years ago in Month Twins
Post # 3
22 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2009

Hello date twin (or twins for anyone else out there).  My Fiance and I are getting married in Chicago on 10/3, and like you we were engaged in May and have been planning away.  We’ve done almost all the contract required stuff (other than flowers and cake which we are saving for last so it can be a fun reward).  I’m wish we had the paper work done (i.e. Save-The-Date Cards and invites) but hopefully right after the holidays.  Congrats and go Oct. 3 brides!

Post # 4
62 posts
Worker bee

I’m a date twin too!!  We’ve been engaged for about 4 months now, since August.  And we pretty much have all the same things left to do also.  I feel ahead of the game now, but have been taking a break due to the holidays.  I have a feeling January and February will be really busy for us though.  We plan on sending our Save-The-Date Cards after the new year so I have some work cut out for me in the next week or so! 

Post # 5
3 posts
Wannabee

We’re getting married 10/03/09 in Maui! Ditto on the crazy January ahead- we’ve been engaged since early November but did things a little backweards and have been planning since early last summer. . but that doesn’t mean we’re ahead of the game, it’s just given us more time to change our minds! hehe

We’re going ‘destination wedding with no guests’ so I don’t have quite as much to do… but we are planing a reception back home in San Diego after the fact and that’s got my wheels turning!

Good luck with your planning!

Post # 6
62 posts
Worker bee

Miz Monkey–  Maui sounds great!!!    My Fiance and I visited San Diego a few years ago and really enjoyed our stay there.  Happy planning!

Post # 7
4 posts
Wannabee

Date twin in Sacramento, Ca! We’ve been engaged since July. I’ve made deposits and made final decisions but now I just need to DO everything (a lot of DIY). Oh and did I mention I haven’t even gone dress shopping?! yikes! It hit me yesterday- I’m getting married in 9 months!!! Did it hit anyone else after the holidays were over?

Post # 8
84 posts
Worker bee

Wow- <span class=”postby”>Rinstar– I am getting married 10/03/09 in Chicago too! 

<span class=”postby”>We are getting married at the Allerton Hotel and have just about everything booked but flowers which we need to start investigating!  Any reasonably priced Chicago florist recos are appreciated

Post # 9
22 posts
Newbee

Yay for Chicago 10/3 Brides…

emmeeay-L – I am just about to start my florist search too.  I used to plan events, and there is one that always gave in one of the lowest quotes on flower arrangements but had such beautiful results called Bunches on Lincoln Ave in Lincoln Park.  They don’t have a website but have been around for a long time.  Other friends recommended Stems or Dilly Lilly but I think they are more $$$.  The Allerton is such a great venue, I was there for a wedding 2 years ago and was really impressed. Have such a wonderful time!  Our’s is at the Planetarium so we are going for a blue, silver, and violet theme with some star accents since it just seems fitting! 

Anyone else’s venue helping them decided on colors or decorations?

Post # 10
2 posts
Wannabee

October 3, 2009 somewhere in Los Angeles…. still trying to find a reasonably priced church and reception venue

engaged on 12/24/08 

The topic ‘October 3, 2009’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors