(Closed) October 5th. 2013 Bride Check In

posted 7 years ago in October 2013
Post # 17
91 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

@creeative1:  Quiet-lurker bee Checking in! 🙂

Everything is done aside from picking up our linens & meeting the delivery truck tomorrow afternoon to store our tables at our reception venue! Also hoping my out-of-town Bridesmaid or Best Man rolls into town tomorrow; I’ve missed her & I’m ready for some hang-out time before the crazyness that is going to be Friday! 🙂

Post # 18
1953 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
@chercee:  At this point I’m just waiting…just about everything I can do for the wedding I’ve done so now it’s just a waiting game. Got my hair done, eyebrows waxed, I feel so pampered right now, it’s amazing 🙂

Post # 19
2178 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

Ah we leave for our venue tomorrow morning!!!! we haven’t even packed anything yikes

I have a big pile by the door but that needs to magically end up all neat in the car

Post # 20
41 posts
Newbee

I was super stressed Fri-Tues with final preparations before I left for my parents house (where the wedding will be). All I have left now is ironing a few more table cloths and delivering welcome boxes to hotels. This afternoon my BMs get here and then it’s smooth sailing. So excited!

EXCEPT FOR THE TROPICAL STORM FORECASTED TO COME ASHORE ON MY WEDDING DAY! But what are you gonna do? Can’t control the weather!

Post # 21
95 posts
Worker bee

CHecking in with 2 days to go! Today is my first day off from work, and Fiance and I are cleaning the entire house today since our rehearsal BBQ is here. I just typed my vows and sent them in.

I am having a bit of a SNAFU with one of the bridesmaid’s gifts, though! I ordered 2 bracelets off a website and they only shipped one, the packing slip only has one, but they definitely charged me for both. Calling at 10am to see if they can overnight the other one (if not, it’s not the end of the world, my cousin will understand and I’ll get it to her since she’s only 20 minutes away).

Bummer things: My grandfather had a stroke about a week and a half ago, and won’t be able to make the wedding as he is still recovering in the hospital. My other cousin/bridesmaid lost her boyfriend 2 weeks ago in a car accident, but she is being so strong and still participating. She’s going to stay with me at my place on Friday night so neither of us have to be alone.

I am soooooooooooo excited! Fiance and I have been wearing our wedding bands around the house to “get used to them.”

Post # 22
81 posts
Worker bee

Having lunch on my last day at work with my madien name! Things are finally coming together and although I was a stress basket the other day I feel a little better today. I have almost everything we need for the wedding in my car and just a few remaining thigns that need to make it in there tonight. 

My Mr. and I will spend most of tomorrow setting up our church and then the rehersal tomorrow night and then dinner after that. I just hope I can get to sleep tomorrow night with all the excitement! 

Also hoping that my ALWAYS late friends aren’t late tomorrow night or Saturday. *crosses fingers*

Post # 23
1647 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2013 - Rustic mill, historical site

I think I’m pretty ready.   Finally.

I had one of my bridesmaids fly in last weekend to help me with things this week… except she’s done dick all but watch TV, and play on her phone.   Doesn’t help with food, dishes, or anything that I’m doing.     We set out a plan for the week, things that needed to be done, things she could do.      She basically watched me do them.    But, I’m 99.9% done.    I have about 6 table cloths left to iron tomorrow morning before heading to the hall to set up.

The last of the guys picked up their tuxes tonight, we have the rehearsal tomorrow, then FH and our son are going back to his mother’s house, while I’m going to a hotel with my girls (I have to call to make sure there’s more than one bed in the room, lol) so we can be all at the same place Saturday morning to get the ball rolling on hair and make-up.      It’s like, surreal.    I’m not even sure this is my life, right now.

Post # 24
1953 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
@Missy_Star:  Weather was 25 degrees and absolutely beautiful!! 

The topic ‘October 5th. 2013 Bride Check In’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors