(Closed) October 6, 2012 :o)

posted 7 years ago in October 2012
Post # 3
120 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

hi date twin!

planning is going well! i have venue (includes ceremony and reception, and catering), officiant, bridal party + dresses, photography all done. working on florals, paper, and my dress now, df is working on music.

πŸ™‚

Post # 5
97 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

I feel so far behind. We really haven’t done anything. We have talked about budjet, I’m pretty sure I have my guest list done, colors are picked, looked at dresses for myself and bridesmaids, Fiance looked at suits to see what he liked but that is all. Am I as far behind as I feel right now?

Post # 6
2362 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: December 2017

That is my date too! I have the venues, dress, colors, flowers, centerpieces, and working on the BM’s dresses, DJ, E pics this weekend (nervous), Photographer, cake. In my defense before I look psychotic I was originally getting married in June. But I am still a little psycho hahaha.

Post # 7
182 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Wow! I’ll have to tell my fiance this the next time he tells me I am rushing ahead πŸ™‚ Planning is going great. I created a comprehensive budget and went over things with the future hubby so all we have to do is pick the vendors in our price range. We have a venue for the ceremony and reception, the caterer, and are working on a photographer. I have (almost) settled on colors and style but I fear I have a wondering eye and so many things inspire me! Hooray for Oct. 6!

Post # 11
2362 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: December 2017

@MsFoxxy: I had fun…. I have yet to see them yet. We had them done in a forest really early in the morning to avoid the heat here. I am hoping I don’t look as tired as I felt. I will be sure to post some once I get them. πŸ™‚ 

Post # 13
182 posts
Blushing bee

I know! I am getting so excited! My Fiance and I just booked our engagement session for the weekend of Oct 7th this year (to match/celebrate the year out mark). Just think, this time next year we will be out and about with showers, bach. parties, trying to keep track of gifts, RSVPs, and putting all the finishing touches together for the big day! 

Post # 14
5 posts
Newbee

Hi ladies… I’m new to Weddingbee, but I’m a date twin too!  We’re 13 months away now!! πŸ™‚  You ladies are doing GREAT!!!  We have a church, a reception venue and a caterer secured… looking to meet with photogs next and do some dress shopping, EEK!  I’m nervous! πŸ™‚  Horrary for 10/6/12 brides!

Post # 15
1458 posts
Bumble bee

Date twins! Yay! I am stressing out a little here… we just got the contract for the venue and are in the midst of finalizing. As for photographer, videographer, DJ, florist, dress.. (what else am I missing).. it’s so hard to figure out what I want in a decent price range! It doesn’t help that I am planning an out of town wedding, but so many vendors I want are completely booked for the date and have been for years. I didn’t think I was THAT far behind, but I guess I am. So once you have most everything booked, does planning get easier? I feel like I am in a mad rush to find people who are available. Have any of you just kinda booked someone on good faith, their website, and based on other reviews without meeting? I won’t make it back to PA til mid October and I feel like if I wait, there will be no dates available for anything I want. But aside from all the craziness, 13 months!!! I am SO excited!!!

Post # 16
182 posts
Blushing bee

@Nicoley1985: I felt really overwhelmed to begin with too. I started about 17 months out and I started calling venues thinking ‘no problem, I have plenty of time and I will have my pick of dates…’ Boy was I wrong, then it seemed like the more I made inquiries, the more vendors started saying they were booking up. Panic started to bubble up a bit and the Fiance was still in ‘we have plenty of time to worry about this later’ land. I think what helped me deal with this was getting a comprehensive budget together (like an excel spreadsheet with every tiny detail) and talk it over with the Fiance. Once we agreed on how much we were willing to spend and what adjustments needed to be made, I felt much better. The second half to the conversation was prioritizing our vendors based on the role they play and if they are more apt than others to book up faster. For us, that meant getting our venue, caterer, dress and photographer done this fall, worry about the DJ, musicians, and florist in the spring, and get the officiant and tux in the summer. We decided that this schedule was the best fit for our budget and work schedules and if a vender ends up being booked, the reality is that there are 20 more where that one came from. My advice is just take one thing at a time and try not to rush hiring people (it is their job to try to push you and make you think they are a hot commodity). I found that the people I researched online that came up first, ended up being the ones that book fast and have higher prices. Once I started taking my time and really digging, I found some great affordable options. 

I hope this helps and yay for Oct 6th!!

The topic ‘October 6, 2012 :o)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors