Post # 17
My boss just asked/told me to attend a meeting across the country on the Monday before my Saturday wedding. I am already traveling for work Tuesday-Wednesday of that week. This means I will be out of town the Sunday-Wednesday before my wedding.
I just started to cry in my office.
Post # 18
Blarg feeling in the same boat as everyone else… Hugs to you all!! At least we are all in this together! xo
Post # 19
The dress is way to poofy for the small reception area. Its a perfect church/hall wedding but my new dress is so perfect I don’t want to take it off!
Post # 20
OMG, the our catering contact is going to drive me crazy! She won’t email me back. I realize we are a small wedding in there big business, but they are easy questions I’m asking.
RSVP date is a week away, but only missing 4 or 5. This includes my half brother who isn’t sure if they are going to be able to make it now. You’ve had a year to save/plan.
The hair/make-up person hasn’t sent me the schedule, which I was told I would get last week, and out first look/family photos are going to be based off this. I want to start our timeline.
I’m such a planner and vendors are driving me crazy.
(Deep Breathe) That felt good.
Hang in there everyone.
Post # 23
Yay I need this thread big time! I feel for all you girls and your issues!
Please excuse my histronic whining:
1)My Matron of honor is giving me a wicked hard time regarding getting her a new dress as she found out she was pregnant a week after buying the orginal dress (which would have matched the other 4 girls) She wanted to get something off the rack at Burlington Coat Factory…um…how about NO!…we are going to David’s Bridal Saturday and I feel as though she is going to throw a fit over spending another 100$. Should be fun.
2)FH’s family does not get the concept of RSVP…He gets mad when I mention we are going to need to call them…he says of course they are coming well thats nice that you think they are coming since you can read their minds but this is not a bbq and i NEED TO KNOW!
3) FH’s cousin got married…yesterday and invited us to the “reception” which was yesterday. They have known each other for maybe 6 months….she just had a new baby who he is not the father of…they want to bring this baby to my wedding….i said yes but i am totally sitting them next to the door and having someone keep an eye on them.
4)one of the grooms men lives in CA we have not heard from him since April…pretty sure he is not coming but a heads up would be nice.
5) my FH is not someone who enjoys making phone calls…which complicate 2 and 4.
Post # 24
I feel so behind :-/ Invites haven’t even gone out yet. I thought 6-8 weeks was the norm….
Post # 26
Where to begin…….
* FMIL & Future Father-In-Law are both making it EXTREMLY difficult to look forward to calling them family. They both complained when Fiance and I were going to fly to Europe and elope and now they are complaining that the wedding isn’t close enough to them. They live in NYC (where Fiance is from) and Fiance & I, his mom’s side of the family and all of our friends live in MD. So naturally our wedding is here. I called Future Father-In-Law an hour ago to ask if they will be coming down for the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner the day before our Friday wedding and FFIL’s response was “Well… I’m not sure, because we have a banquet to go to the day after the wedding.” ?!?!?!?! WHAT DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH THE DINNER THE DAY BEFORE THE WEDDING?!?!?
* Still super nervous about paying for this whole shindig. Fiance and I have several real estate deals pending and if they don’t close in the next 2 weeks… then there will be no wedding.
* I still have to pay for the balance on my dress and my alterations. They have not even been started.
* My dress NEEDS alterations as it is 6 sizes too big at the moment.
* RSVPs like everyone else here. I really don’t understand why it is soooooo difficult for ppl to check a box, put the card in the envelope and mail it back. Especially because it’s a self addressed, pre stamped envelope.
* My Maid/Matron of Honor is trying her best to plan my bridal shower and bachelorette party, but no one is responding to her. I don’t have alot of friends (small circle and FI’s cousins) so I won’t have a large turn out. Plus those that are coming are pretty much broke. I’m kind of sad about it, because i envisioned something way bigger than what it seems to be turning out to be. And I’m jealous that Fi’s friend’s and cousins are doing this crazy big weekend for him in Atlantic City and I’m club hopping in D.C. I’m sooo not much of a club hopper and even less of a drinker.
* My parents are divorced and both live out of state. Neither of them can really afford to travel to my wedding let alone help pay for it.
* I technically have no dress, no photographer and nothing to decorate the venue because we can’t afford it without these deals closing.
I have been pretty passive and anti bridezilla this entire time and I kind of feel like ppl are taking advantage of that and walking over me. I really am just over this planning process and am ready to be married, but I care entirely TOO much to just give up.
Post # 27
Vent? Yes please.
So my dress was supposed to come in “at the end of August”. September 1st rolled around and still no call. Monday was Labor Day and my bridal salon is closed on Tuesdays. Finally I called yesterday morning (Wednesday) and I was getting the “we are closed” answering machine. What?!? So I e-mailed them and then called again and again finally getting in touch with someone. They told me they would check on it and call me back. Finally they did and said that it had shipped from NYC that day and would take 5 days to arrive. I have a sneaking suspicion that they forgot to follow up on it. Ugh. But thank god it is en route. I was already thinking I was going to have to find a sample sale somewhere.
Today my Fiance called me in a panic to tell me that only 2 out of like 12 groomsmen have gone in to get fitted. This was the only task I gave him to do, but he still calls me to stress me out. Then one of our groomsmen decides to back out because he can’t afford the tux rental. Geez. You’ve known since January that you are going to be in this wedding, and you couldn’t save your pennies? Whatever.
And I’m also getting a sash custom made and I ordered it in May!! The vendor just told me a couple of days ago that it is “progressing beautifully”, but hello?? I need it like yesterday?? I hope it is done in time for my first fitting which By The Way isn’t until 2 weeks before my wedding. I know I should be more panicked but EFF-IT!! I’m going to Vegas this weekend and having a fantastic time!!! 🙂
Post # 28
I hate to steal the PP’s opening line but… Vent? Yes, please!
Today I found out my favorite Uncle’s leukemia treatment isn’t working and they are not giving him much longer to live. He and my Aunt will not make the wedding next month, if he makes it that long to begin with. I do not have money to go visit him before and therefore I may not get a chance to see him again before he passes.
Tuesday my brother had a relapse and was sent back to jail. My Fiance and I have been helping him out so much since he was released from prison back in April and I really thought things would be different this time, they clearly aren’t. He gets out next Thursday, since it was only a probation violation, so now I have to decide how to deal with him going forward. I think it’s time I give him some tough love but then I think, I need him to be at our wedding. I want him at to be at our wedding. He is my brother and I love him so much but at some point I have to draw a line and he must pay the consequences for his actions. I hate drugs.
I’m feeling really stressed out at the moment.
Post # 29
Here is my Day… I had a Friend of a Friend (yes you read that right) tell our mutual friend that she was OFFENDED that she didnt get a wedding invitation. Then proceeded to tell her that All weddings are buffets anyways so it does nto matter how many people she has it will be enough food………ARE YOU KIDDING ME?
Mind you, I have not seen this girl in FOREVER and Im sorry, Not every wedding is buffet. Mines is not (By Choice) and even if it was, you would still not be on the guest list. Furthermore, there are others that would still be above you to get invites.
I just despise messy people!
Post # 30
RSVP’s. I don’t think I need to rehash this again, but seriously. What. the. hell.
I’ve always had a pretty poor constitution health-wise, but what had been happening this past year was beyond the pale. Last winter, the arches in my feet began to ache and burn from normal walking. I figured it was because I was overweight and always had fallen arches, so I started to diet. Long story short, by April, I could barely walk two city blocks without my ankles locking, and me limping like a 99 year old lady, in tears. Fast forward to June, and my ankles and knees have now swelled up twice their size. I was taken out of work for nearly two months – two very expensive (read: wedding paying) months, and diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis. As an aside, I chose to splurge on Angela Nuran shoes because my dress was so inexpensive (on clearance) so that I could walk/dance without wanting to shoot myself, or my feet.
Yesterday, while breaking them in, both buckles SNAPPED. Literally, they flew across the room while I was walking. $280.00 shoes, ruined. I flipped out, and as calmly and woefully as I could without coming off as a Bridezilla, contacted Angela Nuran. Apparently, there was a bad batch of buckles, and they have since switched from rhodium plating to brass molding for the buckles. The new brass buckles will NOT be in until after our wedding, so she is sending me around 10 of the rhodium plated buckles in hopes that if one…or two…pair of them breaks during my dancing, walking, etc. that I will have back ups.
Post # 31
Well, damn. Reading everyone else’s problems make me feel better about my little issues. LoL.
My biggest issue at the moment is my dress. I went to drop it off to have it hemmed last week. How about my mom could NOT get the damn thing to zip up at all!!!! The alterations people got it zipped up & it was actually comfortable. I could breathe & I’m pretty sure I could sit comfortably too– though I didn’t try (ugh). So, I have to lose 5-10lbs by wedding day so that my mom & Maid/Matron of Honor will be able to zip it up EASILY. I’ve been on a very STRICT diet since Sunday….
Still don’t officially have a DJ for our reception in November….. the contract is in the works, but it’s a little nerve racking because I’d like for all loose ends to be TIED at this point.
A few DIY projects left to do.. that I’m sort of regretting now…
I had 3 guests cancel tonight. I’m having a Destination Wedding & something came up and they’re not going to be able to come. This actually didn’t stress me much though… I wasn’t extremely close to these 3 guests. AND it brought our balance for dinner down over $300 & now our balance is actually negative! We had a payment of about $260 left beforehand. :o)
And…. I suppose that’s it! Otherwise, I’m pretty calm.