Post # 32
I’m late to the party bc I was waiting for more crap to inevitably happen before posting my vent. Lo and behold, it did:
- My bridal portraits shoot got cancelled today due to sudden threat of bad weather even though we checked the weather last week, yesterday, and this morning. My photographer called to cancel right after I paid $120 for my hair and makeup session. And of course, not a drop fell from the sky.
- My Fiance picked up dress from alterations and instead of listening to instructions to hang it up and unravel the train out, he threw it on the bed with the train laying at the bottom. Now my train has about a million wrinkles in it.
- My sister/MOH was supposed to make my sash for my dress. After insisting for months she would have it done in time for the shoot, she texts me the night before and said it didn’t turn out as planned so she bought me the cheapest sash she could find. It’s horrible. I mean very very bad.
- My Future Sister-In-Law called me and asked me if I booked the hotel rooms for her whole family yet. Ummm what? Apparently, they expected me and my Fiance to spring for 70+ hotel rooms for three days. Do I look like I’m made of money?
- My brother borrowed $5,000 a few months ago from my Fiance and I and told us he would pay back the money by this month bc we have to pay for the remainder of our wedding. So far, nothing. I’m about to kill him.
- I was informed via Facebook people intend to crash my wedding. WTH, who does this? It only meant for the movies people!!!
I’m done. I’m goign to bed.
Post # 33
My RSVPs closed yesterday. I messaged my Mum about the family member who hasn’t RSVP’ed one of my cousins and her hubby. He can’t come but Mum says her daughter can come. I have 2 cousins who are coming on their own. I haven’t invited some of my cousins. But mum thinks its ok for my 2nd cousins to come as they are just replacing their dads. Mum then said what’s it matter we are paying for 100 people anyway! Oh and I’m paying for them. I think she could tell I was annoyed as she abruptly ended the conversation and hung up. Oh and apparently I’m being a bitch for telling her I Don’t like some of her suggestions. WTF! It’s my wedding not hers! Oh my family is too hard to deal with!
Post # 34
I know we’re crazy to have done it this way, but we sent our invitations out at the start of May, with a deadline of June 30 (most guests are out of state, across the country) and wanted to give them a nice big window to get cheaper tickets. We sent out 19 invitations and got 10 back by the dealine. So I sent out little reminder cards, checking in with how they were doing and then slipping in the reminder. When that didn’t work, I texted a few, emailed a few and finally got all of the answers, a full two months before the wedding, so I haven’t had to worry about any of that at all as we get closer. And we’re not renting anything but chairs or having it at a venue or having a cake made or anything like that, so no deposits, and now we know how much food to make.
I’m not saying that I’m not feeling the stress, because, well, my dress isn’t ready, yet, and won’t be until October 03, so I’m still feeling the “omg, how is it going to turn out?!” anxiety because SO much is being changed, and we have no clue what we’re going to do, vow-wise. But I definitely count myself lucky compared to most of you! I’ve been really, really lucky to have had a mostly stress-free experience because it’s casual and in our home and a lot of DIY and there isn’t a single person on the guest list or in either of our families who has made a single demand of us. My mom stepped right in when we had a financial crisis that meant we would have to cancel and has made this all possible, without a single request or objection or concern, just helpful suggestions if I seem stuck, or if she sees a way to save money.
I’ve gotten off topic. Again. As always. I’m sorry. :-/
Post # 35
You are lucky! My Mum and my sister are frustrating me!