Post # 1
I feel like I am so unbelievably behind. I know it will all get done but I was really hoping to have all of this stuff behind me at this point in the game so I could coast into the month before the wedding stress-free (funny, right?).
Still on my plate is…
- My dress: It’s in but I haven’t even gone to try it on yet. I’m going this weekend though. I’m really hoping I don’t need a lot of alterations but I know those won’t be an issue with the salon I used if I end up having to get some done.
- Bolero: I’m going in on September 3rd to be measured and pick out the fabrics. A friend of a friend is a fashion designer so she’s going to be making it for me.
- Order rings: Yep, haven’t ordered those yet. Thankfully the places we’re planning on getting them from (one on Etsy and one from Ice.com) have pretty quick turnaround times so there shouldn’t be any issues.
- Find a MUA: I have someone in mind but I just need to book her. Fingers crossed that she’s still available when I get around to doing that. It would be a lot easier to check this off if she didn’t require the full payment upfront (who does that?!).
- Finish buying and assemble centerpieces: ‘Nuff said.
- Order favors: In my defense, the orchard said to wait until September 1st to place the order anyway. Still on the to-do list, though.
- Misc. Décor: Again, in my defense I can’t really do any of this until the pumpkins & gourds start to come out. This will probably be a week of project since we want them to still look nice.
- Make seating chart: Can’t really finish that until all of the RSVP’s are in. Stop slacking people! It’s a self addressed stamped envelope for god sakes!
- Find jewelry: I’m sure this will turn into a last minute thing. Jewelry isn’t really that important to me so I’ll either raid my loved ones jewelry boxes or hit up Macys.
- Buy Bridal Party gifts: So far all we’ve purchased are the glass beer steins for the guys. We still need to get them etched and buy everything else.
- Make photo booth: This is stressing me out. Fiance and his Dad haven’t even really discussed the logistics yet. I’m hoping that we can get the ball rolling on this next weekend. I don’t think it will take too long but I just want to have it done and out of the way.
- Finalize Ceremony: I have a rough draft but we need to meet with our officiant (my cousin) to go over everything and make whatever changes need to be made.
Fellow October bees, what do you have left. Someone please tell me I’m not a bad bride for still having so much left to do. My stress level is pretty much through the roof.
Post # 3
Your wedding is the day before mine and I still have lots left to do!
Centerpieces: I’m not that creative but I didn’t want to spend an arm and a leg on floral center pieces so I have already went to Hobby Lobby and bought somethings and then I have a friend that is really good at that stuff so I’m going to beg her to help me! (Her husband is actually the ones marrying us) 🙂
Dress: My dress is in and has been but the last time I tried it on it was TOO SMALL! (SUCKED SUPER BAD!) I thought that I was going to do this whole workout thing and lose the weight because it’s just a little too small but I work fulltime and go to school fulltime and I’m actually lazy so I haven’t been going to the gym. I will have to just bite the bullet and get the dress let out. So I need alterations.
BM/GM gifts: I have not bought either. I have no idea what to get em’. My Fiance is probably going to get UGA tickets for a game for his guys to go together and then I’m going to most likely get my girls hair done for the wedding and then buy them jewelry to wear in the wedding.
Caterer: I told them 100 people and then invited about 180. (Forgot that just because you send out 1 invitation doesn’t mean that there will be 1 person coming with that invitation!) Waiting on RSVP’s so that I can give a more accurate number to them.
Ceremony: I have no idea how I want everything to go. I haven’t decided on a unity candle or the sand. I have got to get with the guy whose doing our ceremony.
And wait for it… This is horrible that we don’t have this part planned……..
Honeymoon– We still haven’t decided for sure where we are going. We had decided that we were not going to go anywhere bc of money and we were going to wait well that has changed so now we are rushing to get our passports and then we are most likely going to go to Cozumel.
Post # 4
– Marriage Licence/Craft Ceremony – to do 3rd week in September
– Bridal Shower – Sept 10th
– Book videographer – late addition due to me getting a full time job
– Reception DIY decor/buy candles for centerpieces/etc etc etc.
– Waiting on rings to be done; hopefully by Monday!
– Make clutches and paper wrapped flasks for bridal party.
– Tux fittings for both Fiance & Father-In-Law.
– Decide where we want to stay the night of the wedding (I really don’t want to spend the money but I don’t want to come back to our place either. ARGH)
– Seating chart – can’t do this until all RSVPs are in. HURRY UP PEOPLE.
– order the damn guestbook from Blurb.
– Favours, but its a help-yourself candy bar & I already have the jars. So not buying candy until the week before. Or else I’d have to buy it twice. 😉
– Hair consult/makeup trial.
– Dress is getting alterations and a bolero made for it.
– Add bracelet to wedding day jewellery.
– Write toast/thank yous.
There’s probably SO much more that I’ve totally forgotten about.
PASS OUT AND DIE FROM ALL THE LITTLE LOGISTICAL TASKS THAT DRIVE ME CRAZY.
Post # 5
I’m mostly caught up, but there are a few things that are really freaking me out!
Fiance needs a SUIT. *rips hair out*
We need to buy our rings, and I have NO idea how fast their turn around is.
Centerpieces are pretty much figured out.
I have my final dress fitting next week.
Vows need to get figured out, but we’re not writing our own, so that shouldn’t be too difficult. Also pick up marriage license.
Make the guest book, put together all the favors.
Otherwise, I think I’m in good shape. I just hope their’s hope for the suit and the rings. I’m so stressing about them.
Post # 6
this list may make me very sad but here goes….
1. assemble and send out invited THIS WEEKEND!
2. Hire a cake baker, I know who we are going through but we havn’t signed ANYTHING.
3. I need to assemble my “Trees” which are decor for both the ceremony and the reception (they are litterally 10 8 foot trees)
4. I have to finish collecting all the candles I need for my centerpieces
5. I need to finalize all the music for the cermony and reception (we are self Djing)
6. I need to find a hair stylist and have a trial.
7. 2 of the guys still need to get fitted for a tux, and 4 others still need shirts and vests.
8. other little things like finishing our card box and collecting our BM/GM gifts.
okay breath less than 10 things isn’t sooo bad… I hope.
Post # 7
@kryje003: seriously!!!! You are in TOP SHAPE! I’m so jealous that I have so much more to do and your wedding is further away! Come plan my wedding ok!? 😉
Post # 8
oh I few I forgot the first time around..
9. making Truffles for favors (can’t be done until like a week or two before the wedding )
10. apply for the marriage License. (kind of important)
Post # 9
1.) Waiting for favors to arrive- should be sometime today!
2.) Finalize things with the Caterer sometime next week
3). Finalize things with the DJ
4.) Second gown fitting 9/8/11
5.) Hair Trial 9/10/11
6.) Print wedding programs and place cards
7.) Marriage License
Post # 11
@kryje003: I forgot all about the hair and make up trial.
Post # 12
I actually feel pretty good about where we are at. Left to do:
Ceremony: Finish planning it (about half done) and notify our readers of what they are reading, fill in the blank spaces in our program and have them printed, finalize what we want to do for decor (besides alter arrangements) and buy those decorations
Vendors: Confirm details, give updated numbers to caterer, change our cake design, make final payments
Misc: Order favor bags, order photo guest book, reserve tuxes and get all the guys sized, buy scoops for candy buffet, get marriage liscense, DIY our card box, dress fittings, create a seating arrangment and escort cards (we are using log slices that Future Father-In-Law is cutting up this weekend! 🙂
Not too much. Tuxes will be reserved this weekend and I am waiting until I get my next paycheck to order the photobook and candy favor bags. And until we get the RSVPs back, the only other things that can be done are the stuff for the ceremony and the card box. I feel pretty good right now!
Post # 13
All of our final payments for things.
Meeting up again with our officiant and photographer
Picking up my dress from alterations
Buying fireworks, tablecloths, string lights for the after-after-party
Testing setting up our tent for same
Baking cakes, cookies, brownies
Making cake stands
Practicing my hair and makeup some more
Finalize the day of timeline
Post # 14
Where to begin!
- Order FI’s ring
- Marriage license
- Order more candles/candle holders
- Put together table #’s
- Mad lib’s
- Fiance has to decide on cake flavor (i HATE cake)
- Get on my Dad to finish our cardbox
- Find earrings
- Finish flower girls pumpkin basket
- Find a place that will engrave our toasting flutes/cake cutting set
- Find a cute hanger for my dress
- Carve pumpkin that will say Mrs.
- Make seating chart
- Cut part of my Grandmother’s wedding dress that will hold my bouquet together
- Meet with florist
- Hair trial Sept 19
- Makeup trial Sept 14
- Order Groomsmen gifts
- Finish pomanders
Whew…maybe I should get off WB and do something huh?! Nahhh 🙂
Post # 15
I have a feeling that if I list it all out, I might have a freak out over how much I have left!!!!
Post # 16
@MUI831: you should do it! at least you’ll know what you need to get done!
p.s. i can now cross traveler’s insurance off my list ;]