Post # 1
I have a bad habit of thinking of all the things I need to do instead of the things that I have already completed and it makes me incredibly anxious. I thought we could start a thread of all the to-dos that we’ve crossed off the list and feel better than we still have a lot of time to book things.
So far we’ve:
1. Booked the venue/reception area
2. Bought my dress, veil, and headpiece
3. Picked and asked the bridal party
4. Made our wedding website
5. Figured out the hotel block
6. Had our save the dates made
7. Booked our photographer
8. Had a tasting at the venue
9. Completed our registries
10. Booked the flights for our honeymoon
11. Determined a guest list
12. Picked our first dance song
13. Finalized our menu
14. Booked our bartender
15. Booked our officiant
16. Looked at wedding rings
17. Figured out bridal party gifts
Whew. Typing that out makes me feel incredibly productive. In the next month or two here’s our plan:
1. Book the baker (and taste all the cake!)
2. Pick our bridesmaids dresses/groomsmen suits
3. Book the DJ
4. Book the florist
5. Book ceremony music
6. Figure out hotels for honeymoon
7. Book the rehersal dinner spot
Anybody else care to add their next month goals?
Post # 2
I really need to go order my dress but I’ve been delaying it for some reason. Going on the 4th of march though. We still need to get some stuff for the centrepieces and off the top of my head the guys need to go get/rent whatever their suits.
Oh and I need to finish my f**kig invitations. I can’t decide what I’m doing with them (I’m an invitation designer on the side) so it’s been giving me a headache.
Post # 3
Booked the venue
Paid for the ceremony and given notice so the legal parts sorted
Bought my dress
Bought FI’s suit
Sent out the invites
Bought our wedding rings
Booked the hotel for our honeymoon
Booked hotel rooms for the night before
I’ve bought some sweet jars as a start for our sweets table.
We’ve decided on our first dance song, started on the wedding breakfast music, it’s just the processional music and the music for singing the register we’re stuck on.
Bought my bouqet and the buttonholes.
Getting 3 of the bridesmaid dresses sort on sunday.
It’s basically the dj, bridesmaids flowers, decorations and the sweets buffet that need sorting still and my hen party.
Post # 4
You’re so ahead of the game, @futuremrsbennett95. I’m so impressed!
Post # 5
futurebrideesq : Congratulations on your upcoming wedding and for getting so much accomplished! I’m an October 2017 bride too!! FI and I areally having more of a simple vow exchange with 10 to 15 guests and then a bomb honeymoon with our whole family instead of a traditional wedding so my to-do-list is very short…lol. I have a lot accomplished already. Woohoo! xoxo
1. Determined venue and date / time
2. Booked officiant
3. Bought my dress / FI suit
4. Purchased wedding bands
5. Created guest list
6. Ordered bouquet / bout- silks
7. Booked honeymoon: airfare, rental car and cruise
8. Booked hair appointment
What’s to be done:
1. Purchase simple decoration items for venue
2. Book nail appointment
3. Lingerie shopping for honeymoon!! Yipeee.
4. Send invitations (Paperless Post)
Post # 6
futurebrideesq : thank you 🙂 I figured the sooner I got things sorted the less stressed I d be, I m hoping I stay this calm in the run up to our wedding.
Post # 7
I love seeing all of these lists! My FI and I decided early on that we didn’t want to drag our feet and just wanted to get things DONE! So we researched and researched…and are hoping that the end of our engagement can be smooth sailing and relaxing. We also only had 11 months, so we really didn’t have the option of delaying anything too much 🙂 So far, we’ve:
- Booked the church (pre-Cana is this weekend)
- Booked our venue
- Booked and met with our florist
- Bought my dress
- Booked our limos & transportation
- Booked our photographer & cinematographer
- Had our engagement photos taken
- Determined our guest list
- Picked & asked the bridal party
- Sent out our save the dates
- Made our wedding website
- Reserved our hotel block (guests are already booking!)
- Completed our registries
- Picked out our first dance song & entrance song
- Found the lanterns we are going to purchase for our centerpieces
Currently, we are in the process of:
- Booking a hair/makeup artist
- Researching & booking our honeymoon
- Choosing a rehearsal dinner venue (we are having a test dinner at a potential spot this weekend :))
- Researching invitations
Even though it’s a lot, the process has been fun!
Post # 8
Bump! We’re 6 months out, ladies!! Any exciting updates?