Post # 1
Hey girls *and guys* –
I’m fresh off my anniversary trip to Mexico, and happily, only gained 2.8lbs while there!
My goal for October is to drop that small amount and then get toned as best I can, maintaining through the holidays!
Here’s how I’m gonna do it:
– no alcohol during the week
– Supreme 90 Day fitness plan, taking one day off per week
– eating 5-6 small meals per day
-drinking 3+ litres of water daily
How about you? What’s your goal for October?
Post # 3
oh, I would LOVE to, but my September goal failed so miserably, I’m just still feeling a little depressed…
ok, maybe I’ll make it a bit more realistic-
drink tons of water (oh wait, I do that already…)
excercise THREE times a week.
Post # 4
I’m up for a challenge! So here’s my plan:
>Continue with Supreme 90 6 days/wk
>Re: nutrition, I am making the transition to the primal lifestyle beginning today. No grains or sugar, lots of protein, veggies and good fats.
>drink more water
Post # 5
@soon2BeMrsGP – my brother is doing the Primal thing, he started out doing Paleo. Loves it and has seen amazing results (he had a lot of weight to lose). Have you checked out Mark’s Daily Apple or Adventures in DietLand? Good resources/blogs that he shared with me.
@joy2011 – it’s a new month, let September go and meet October face first! 3x per week exercising is a great goal!
Others? Here are some ideas for October, lifted from one of my favorite blogs:
1) It’s breast cancer awareness month – Support a cause with a 5k or any race of your choice.
2) Host a pumpkin carving party – then make a skinny version of your favorite pumpkin recipe! Skinny Pumpkin Latte, Pumpkin Cupcakes with spice frosting or Pumpkin Cheesecake!
3) Master a new yoga pose!
4) Try a new updo! Fall is a great time to switch things up with your hair!
5) Focus on one workout change this month.
6) Eat some candy corn. Don’t question what’s in it.
7) Create a spooky Halloween recipe. For this one, I’m thinking a version of brown rice crispy treats…
8) Pick up some new jeans, then donate/consign your old ones from last year!
9) Download podcasts (Jillian Michaels does a weekly podcast available on iTunes) or CD to get you through your morning commute – make it inspirational!
10) Plan a picnic!
Post # 6
I definitely need a challenge! I’m going on a cruise Dec. 17th and would love to lose about 7-10 lbs before that! I weighed in at 147.5 this morning.
Goals this month:
- Finish C25K. I’m starting week 7 tomorrow, and it’s 9 weeks total.
- Do a video at home at least 5 times a week. I have a bunch of different Jillian Michaels videos, the Brazil Butt Lift, and a few randoms to choose from.
- Eat better on the weekends when I see SO. We’re in a LDR, but see each other every weekend, and we always end up going out to eat a few times and having a few drinks. I always feel like I sabotage all of my progress on the weekends.
- Drink at least 2 liters of water a day.
- Eat 5 times a day. I’m horrible at remembering to snack, but last year when I was dedicated to this, I really saw results.
I’m going to try to check-in everyday. Does anyone else want to join me? I’m always more successful when I have an accountabilibuddy. (Saw that an other thread and loved it!)
Post # 7
@7SEVENJ9: Cool! Glad your brother is having good results with primal! It was brought to my attention last week and I’ve been reading everything I can on it since! I have scoured mda but not the other one you posted, so I’ll check it out, thanks!
Post # 8
I am starting boot camp tomorrow!!!! Besides that I will be drinking 3-4 liters of water per day, eating small meals including 2 protein shakes a day. I will share the brand later but apparently its pretty awesome and will help curb my appetite so when I eat my “meals” I will eat a bunch less. I also plan on no alcohol during the week. That could be a little difficult although getting up at 5 am will warrant skipping alcohol in itself!
Post # 9
Sucking at water intake today 🙁 gonna kick it up after my workout (which I will be doing after my conference call ends at 5pm). I missed S90 last night becasue I was feeling very run down and ended up falling asleep on the couch in my workout clothes… before working out! D’oh!
Post # 10
Thought you might liven up with our Facebook 10k giveaway. We are asking brides and grooms out there to help Zankyou reach 10k Facebook likes, while giving you the chance to win 2 nike trainers and matching iPods during October, Marathon Month. We want you to be in best form before your big day. Participating is so easy, just share with us your fitness plan and we will pick the best one, for up to $700 in fitness giveaways:
Post # 11
I did W7D1 of c25k this morning and did another day of level 1 of 6 week 6 pack today. So far I have eaten 4 small meals. I’m going to cook dinner (seared tuna and steamed broccoli) when I’m done posting. I only need to drink another half liter to meet my goal for the day. I was extremely motivated today because apparently I gained 2 lbs between yesterday and today. ugh. (I know it’s probably a normal fluctuation, but still very frustrating!)
Post # 12
Oh me me! I am in too! I started this the end of September, but it’s for real in October. 🙂
I mainly am looking to lose inches, not necessarily pounds, and do some serious toning. I am 124 lbs and am at 25.44% body fat (measured today!). Ideally, I would like to be around 15-18% body fat, but I am not sure what poundage that would be, and don’t really care too much.
My plan is to:
*Do Jillian Michael’s No More Trouble Zones 5-6 days a week
*Do 45 minutes of yoga 1 day a week
*Eat 5 small, healthy meals
*Stop drinking so much Pepsi One…
What’s Supreme 90? Is it like P90X? I tried P90X once and about died. I would like to do something similar later on, but I am not quite at that level yet.
Post # 13
@piglet – Supreme 90 is similar to P90x in that it’s based on muscle confusion and is a 90 day program. The dvds are shorter than P90x *because honestly, who can devote 1.5 hours a day to working out?!* and it’s directed by Tom Holland who is a world class athlete.
All you need for the program is a fitness/balance ball and some challenging hand weights (I’ve been using 5, 8 and 10lb weights). It comes with a meal plan too!
You can get it at Target or Walmart, and sometimes even Walgreens and Best Buy. I got mine on Walmart.com for $19.99, and it’s 10 discs. So far “Shoulders & Arms” is my favorite on the program. I started over yesterday from Day 1 and can’t wait to see how I do!
Post # 14
I’m so sore that I don’t know if I can muster up the courage to do the video a third day straight. I have a 2 hour drive to my SO’s house to think it over I guess.
Everything else is good though. Did w7d2 (2.5 miles) this morning, have had 3 small meals, and a liter of water so far.
Post # 15
@Boston Bee – you can do it! It’s a short video, right? Oftentimes, my muscles feel better after a workout when I’m super sore before!
Post # 16
@7SEVENJ9: Thanks for the motivation! It is short–only 35 minutes. I’m going to do it! No excuses!