(Closed) Offical Introduction Thread: January 2012

posted 9 years ago in January 2012
Post # 32
625 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2012

Oooh Maui!!! that sounds AMAZING!!! thats funny because my Fiance totally picked out this place as well πŸ™‚

Post # 33
1936 posts
Buzzing bee

Hi! I’m getting married in Feb but that board is kind of dead. So here it goes!

Town/State of Wedding Location: Toronto Ontario,

Wedding Date: Feb. 4, 2012
Colors/Theme: Plum and Cranberry/ warm, cozy and elegant
Venue:Pioneer Village

Describe the wedding in one sentence or less: A winter wedding, but the cold is left outside! Fireplace, hot drinks, wine, candles, roses….
Favorite part of planning: everything except the website, printing invites and locating addresses
Most-anticipated part of the day: saying our vows and getting married!

Post # 34
107 posts
Blushing bee

Town/State of Wedding Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Wedding Date: January 14th, 2012
Colors/Theme: Navy Blue, Hunter Green, Red, Ivory.  Men are wearing kilts and these are the colours pulled from it. Might throw in some cool blues, purples & greys too. 
Venue: The Glenerin Inn
Describe the wedding in one sentence or less: Cozy winter wedding in a small country inn. 

Favorite part of planning: DIY! And the excitement of everyone around me

Most-anticipated part of the day: Saying my vows and being surrounded by the people who mean the most me and my finance
Meaning of your screen name: I was born in Canada, but grew up in the US.  Lots of people in the US called Canada – “Canadia”  – I have no idea why. K is my first initial. 82 was the year I was born. 
Something we should know about your “other half”: He’s been there for me through thick and thin, and makes me laugh all the time. He supported me today by running with me on my first half-marathon! 

Post # 35
6065 posts
Bee Keeper

@kanadia82: Welcome to the bee! Your wedding style/colors sound lovely. πŸ™‚

ps I lived in Canada for a semester of University (McGill in Montreal) and I loved it!! Beautiful country.

Post # 36
107 posts
Blushing bee

@Evie19: Thanks!

I just realized I wrote Finance instead of Fiance – ha! Yes, I am most excited to have people there who will contribute to my finances πŸ˜‰ J/K

Good Luck with all the planning January Bees! I’m sure come November/December this board will be madness! 

Post # 37
294 posts
Helper bee

Town/State of Wedding Location:  Charlotte, NC     

Wedding Date: Jan 7th

Colors/Theme: Dark plum, red-orange, and a little hot pink for a pop of color

Venue: A historic home outside downtown Charlotte

Describe the wedding in one sentence or less: Small, sweet, romantic, candlelit.

Favorite part of planning: The dress and my flowers

Most-anticipated part of the day: Walking down the aile and seeing his face and hoping he likes what he sees.

Meaning of your screen name: Oddly enough somehow it made it for me. You can’t change names here and I don’t want to start another account, again

Something we should know about your “other half”: he is from England and we met playing Mafia Wars on FB. He is the sweetest man I have ever met and treats me like no man has ever even come close to. He makes me laugh ill my ace hurts and we finish each other sentences.

I am new to these boards I just found y’all yesterday. I wish I had know about you months ago!! So Sorry I am late!!

Post # 38
6065 posts
Bee Keeper

@Katielee:Welcome to the January boards!!

Post # 39
1 posts
Wannabee

Town/State of Wedding Location: Tampa, FL

Wedding Date: January 28, 2012

Colors/Theme: Brown/Orange

Venue: Florida Aquarium

Describe the wedding in one sentence or less: A few of my favorite things… the colors, the place, the man on my arm πŸ™‚

Favorite part of planning: Cake tasting!

Most-anticipated part of the day: The actually start of the ceremony- we had to go late because of the venue… 7pm will take forever!

Meaning of your screen name: Teachers can be cool too!

Something we should know about your “other half”: He really is my other half… we fit together like best friends should… for all you girls with video gamer grooms… we met playing World of Warcraft πŸ™‚

Post # 40
247 posts
Helper bee

Can’t believe I haven’t done this one yet!

Town/State of Wedding Location: Minneapolis, MN

Wedding Date: January 14, 2012

Colors/Theme: Gold/ivory/blush/charcoal grey. A very ‘us’ fusion of modern and classic aesthetics.

Venue: Ceremony at Nazareth Chapel, reception at the Minneapolis Depot

Describe the wedding in one sentence or less: LOVE – celebration, commitment.

Favorite part of planning: designing – inspiration board, stationary, decor, my dress!

Most-anticipated part of the day: just waking up and having it actually BE that day!

Meaning of your screen name: I just love anemones – they’re definitely making an appearance in our wedding flowers!

Something we should know about your “other half”: We met in college, and over 90% of our relationship has been LDR. He is wonderful, hilarious, and acts twice his age.

The topic ‘Offical Introduction Thread: January 2012’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors