Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

Can’t wait ladies!

Why did you guys decide on your date?

Post # 5
967 posts
Busy bee

My choice was not romantic, at first….when my Fiance proposed I KNEW he was going to (we’ve been together 9 years so if i didn’t know we likely shouldn’t get married…lol)

When he proposed I already knew WHEN I wanted to get married…it works with my work schedule….lol…

THEN he emailed his aunt to let her know I said yes, and she suggest July 6th 2013 as our date…it would have been my FI’s grandfather’s 100th birthday….

So we kept it πŸ˜‰

Post # 7
24 posts
Newbee

So excited!! For us it will be our two year anniversary actually

Post # 9
175 posts
Blushing bee

We are 7 + 6 = 13 too.

I was up, not able to sleep one night, so I started thinking about dates. We had agreed that we wanted it in July, so I started thinking favourite numbers.

His favourite number is 6 and mine is 7, so I was thinking that would work. Pretty sure I jumped out of bed at that point to check what day July 6 was. Turns out it was a Saturday, and how perfect is it that 7 + 6 = 13 πŸ™‚

Post # 11
2778 posts
Sugar bee

@LilDrAnya:  I have a dress but that’s because its mom’s.  I’ve also picked out beautiful Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses.  We have talked to the officiant (my grandmother), made a guest list but we need to redo that, picked out colors, what sort of flowers, talked to our cake guy (family), we are taking bids for photos, video, DJ, servers,  we have a tenetative food menu and two venues (free because they belong to family).  We have picked what times we’d like both the ceremony and the reception to start. I have also tenative plans for Save-The-Date Cards and invatiations which are all DIY. We setled on the date because its close to a holiday so we will have extra paid time to fly out there.

Post # 12
24 posts
Newbee

No dress yet. Going shopping at the end of the month. Hopefully that will go well! Other than that we have the church, reception site, officiant, wedding party, DJ, colors, and florist all picked out. I’ve started a couple DYI projects

Post # 13
390 posts
Helper bee

We chose the date because we didnt want to be too close to our late july and august birthdays but still want it to be warm lol…..But i feel like we have a lot done just because we have: Dress(bridesmaids and mine), ceremony and reception venue, cake, and photgrapher….im in school most of the year so bring on the stress

Post # 15
2778 posts
Sugar bee

Picked a photographer.  We’re trying to get as many things for free as possible and so far it seems to be working (I have a huge eager to help family):

$0 – Venue (grandma’s church)

$ 1000 – Food (We are buying it and making it ourselves with help from family I’m probably over estimating on this but I’m also including any plastic ware we have to buy)

$ 150 – Or whatever an Ipod docking station costs, looks like we are going with an Ipod, and my mom’s students to play live at the ceremony

$ 530 – Photography (8 hours, 2 photographers, minimal editing, no prints/albums)

$ 200 – Centerpieces and Flowers (just bouquet and singles, mom gets discount for making carnation leis and using the same florist)

$  0 – Cake (uncle is pastry chef)

$  0 – Officiant (grandmother)

$  500 – Miscellaneous Other stuff

$  160 Rings (His, and the resize for my heirloom)

$ 0 – Dress (Using mom’s, any alternations will obviously cost money)

$ 0 – Groom Tux (With 4 or 5 groomsmen rental dending on store)

$ 200 – STD and Invites postage plus cost of paper to print them (DIY)

$2740 – TOTAL

Haven’t dreamt up gifts for Bridesmaid or Best Man or Groomsmen yet so that falls under misc so do alterations 

Post # 16
27 posts
Newbee

I am too getting married 7-6-13.  

Not sure why I was so stuck on this date but the venue we ended up booking had avaliability on that day so we went with it πŸ™‚ 

Look forward to keeping up with everybody’s plans for their big day!!!

Much love!

KD <>< πŸ™‚ 

The topic ‘OFFICIAL 7/6/13 DATE THREAD!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors