Wow same wedding date!

Town/state of wedding: tipton Missouri

Wedding date: 11/3/12

Color scheme: chocolate, turquoise, and red

Venue: Idk yet

Wedding description: beautiful and fun!

Favorite part of planning: pics and creativity

Most anticipated: definitely seeing his face

Why November: we r actually going to the courthouse on Nov 2, 2012 which is our 10 year but will have wedding and reception on Nov 3.

Not looking forward to: doing the invites!

Post # 5
1767 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

Town/State of Wedding Location: Youngstown, OH
Wedding Date: November 24, 2012
Colors/Theme: Marine blue, gold, black, and white.
Venue: Working on it.
Describe the wedding in one sentence or less: Unconventional meets Traditional Military?
Favorite part of planning: Getting to look at all the pictures and inspiration boards!
Most-anticipated part of the day: Getting pronounced husband and wife!

Why november: Combine military leave with my school schedule and you get November 24 as our only available date for all of 2012. So… yeah. Haha.

One thing you aren’t looking forward to: Planning everything with him stationed far away, and the possibility that the weather will be TERRIBLE.

Post # 6
3063 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

Town/State of Wedding Location: Las Vegas, NVWedding Date: Nov 17, 2012Colors/Theme: Black & white, with some fuchsia accentsVenue: Sunset GardensDescribe the wedding in one sentence or less: Romantic, easy going family affair.Favorite part of planning: Not having to plan! Lol… the venue does everything.Most-anticipated part of the day: Signing the marriage license!

Why november: We live in AK and in mid-late October Alaskan residents get annual PFD, so it will give our guests the funds to go to our destination wedding and time to book the flight/hotel.

One thing you aren’t looking forward to: Getting fiance’s divorced parents together… should be interesting…

Post # 7
625 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2012

Town/State of Wedding Location:Fairfield County/ CT
Wedding Date: Nov 10,2012
Colors/Theme: Dark purple/ eggplant
Venue: Tashua Knolls Golf Club
Describe the wedding in one sentence or less: its going to be a Blast!
Favorite part of planning: umm haven’t done too much yet other than church and reception…
Most-anticipated part of the day: Walking down the aisle, and my dance with my Dad its going to be awesome!

Why november: Honestly? we have 10 weddings to go to and be in a few of those all before our own, the last wedding before our own is in June, it will be nice to have a break…

One thing you aren’t looking forward to: Cold/bad weather, i’m hoping for a late indian summer!!! and hoping for 55-60 degress!

Post # 8
1 posts
Wannabee

Town/State of Wedding Location: outside of Orlando, FL
Wedding Date: November 10, 2012 
Colors/Theme: Earthy greens and blues (for now…)
Venue: Historic home on Lake Dora
Describe the wedding in one sentence or less: We’re outdoorsy, casual people who are hoping to create a relaxing and fun day with good food.
Favorite part of planning: Looking at inspiration boards
Most-anticipated part of the day: Walking down the aisle

Why november:  Not too soon after the Bar exam, not too close to the Holidays.

One thing you aren’t looking forward to:  Facing someone who has presumed their in the bridal party, but we don’t intend to include them if we have a bridal party at all.

Post # 9
540 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

Town/State of Wedding Location: Colorado Springs/Colorado
Wedding Date: November 25th (as of now)
Colors/Theme: baby blue, white, silver, and dark blue–> winter
Venue: unknown so far
Describe the wedding in one sentence or less: hoping for a winter wedding with accents of blues and silvers. Romantic and sleek
Favorite part of planning: just started- but an excuse to be creative
Most-anticipated part of the day: marrying my best friend and showing off all of our hard work!

Why november: winter weather without worrying about Holidays

One thing you aren’t looking forward to: DRAMA from FI’s brother and his Fiance (already started after less than a week of engagement..!)

Post # 10
142 posts
Blushing bee

Town/State of Wedding Location: Washington DC
Wedding Date: Nov 3 2012
Colors/Theme: hmm champagne blush, figgy-plum? burgundy? ish? Theme is poetry.
Venue: a friend’s home
Describe the wedding in one sentence or less: Post-Catholic neo-taoist franciscan-agnostic
Favorite part of planning: girlsquee with my MOH!
Most-anticipated part of the day: perhaps the officiant’s homily (a poet friend) as we exchange vows, and then having different people from diffferent parts of my life finally meet

Why november: we needed it to be a school break in Europe for half my guest list

One thing you aren’t looking forward to: not sure how his people and my people will mix, as they won’t have had a chance to meet before hand.

Post # 11
1 posts
Wannabee

Town/State of Wedding Location: Port Arthur, Tasmania, Australia

Wedding Date: 3rd November

Colors/Theme: Pale green and ivory with as much pink as I can get away with!

Venue: Ceremony will be in the church ruins, followed by the reception at Stewarts Bay Lodge – with a big patio overlooking the bay

Describe the wedding in one sentence or less: Understated elegance and a whole heap of our personality mixed in

Favorite part of planning: Letting my creative juices flow with all the DIY stuff I am planning on

Most-anticipated part of the day: FH and I will already be technically married by that time (German immigration is a PITA!), so being able to allow our familes to witness our committement to one another

Why November: It should be warmer in Tasmania then, plus it coincides with school holidays in Germany so it should allow FH’s sister, husband and kids to attend. Plus the flower gardens are likely to be pretty spectacular looking then.

One thing you aren’t looking forward to: Planning and organising a wedding in Tasmania, whilst living in Germany and working in a 60/hr week job

Post # 12
860 posts
Busy bee

Town/State of Wedding Location: Toronto, Canada
Wedding Date: November 17, 2012
Colors/Theme: Eggplant, gold, black
Venue: Cardinal Gold Course
Describe the wedding in one sentence or less: Elegant affair with lots of great food!
Favorite part of planning: the creative side (colours/flowers/decor)
Most-anticipated part of the day: Saying  “I do!”

Why november: I dislike warm weather  🙂

One thing you aren’t looking forward to: Making sure all of my bridal party is on board/organized!

Post # 13
99 posts
Worker bee

Town/State of Wedding Location: Yardley/Richboro, PA

Wedding Date: November 3, 2012

Colors/Theme: dark purple, lavender, gold, amber

Venue: Northampton Valley Country Club (ceremony at St. Ignatius of Antioch)

Describe the wedding in one sentence or less: A classy affair topped with great food and an awesome dance party

Favorite part of planning: Building the day together piece by piece – and having a nice long time to do it!

Most-anticipated part of the day: The ceremony and vows, plus the fun reception with both of our groups getting together.

Why november: We actually drove to the reception site ready to sign the contract for October 27, but the coordinator gave the date away 10 minutes before we got there. Oh yeah, I was not pleased at the complete lack of courtesy. Since that was the last date in October, we headed into November. Still excited!

One thing you aren’t looking forward to: Figuring out the day’s timeline. It seems so daunting!

Post # 14
518 posts
Busy bee

Town/State of Wedding Location: Southern KY
Wedding Date: 11/10/12
Colors/Theme: no “theme” but I like purple, silver, green, wrought iron, sexy, dark, and sensual things in general.  The wedding will reflect all of this
Venue: A gorgeous Baptist church, and a wood-panelled thoroughly modern reception venue that is perfection.
Describe the wedding in one sentence or less: I already did
Favorite part of planning: Dresses.  I love dresses.  Its pretty much the only thing I TRULY care about.
Most-anticipated part of the day: We are having a rock band play at our ceremony (no bridal march for me!) and I know it’ll knock my socks off, maybe my guests too

Why november: Um…I don’t know, really.  I’m not real sentimental, so no date really meant anything more than another.  Fiance graduates in the summer so we knew it’d be fall.  I don’t wanna sweat to death in my dress and didn’t want it during the busy holiday season.  We took a stab in the dark and ended up with 11/10/12.  It works.

One thing you aren’t looking forward to: Stress.  People stressing me out about unnecessary things really.  There are so many details I don’t care about that other people do.  gah!

Post # 15
273 posts
Helper bee

Town/State of Wedding Location: Pine Mountain, GA
Wedding Date: Nov 10, 2012
Colors/Theme: cream, light grey, with pops of a lot of different shades of blue
Venue: TBA (we know the wedding will be in an outdoor ampitheatre-reception will be indoor/outdoor)
Describe the wedding in one sentence or less: Crazy, fun, outdoorsy awesomeness.
Favorite part of planning: Watching my Fiance get really into it!  He is having so much fun with it!
Most-anticipated part of the day: Finally being his wife…and cake…lots of cake.

Why november: It’s beautiful in the mountains in the fall, plus it is the only time of year it is bearable to be outside in Georgia.

One thing you aren’t looking forward to: Stressing my relationships!  I’m already trying to focus on staying calm, laid back, and grateful!

Post # 16
1346 posts
Bumble bee

Town/State of Wedding Location: Perth, Australia

Wedding Date: 3rd November 2012

Colors/Theme: Purples, silver.

Venue: Old style church & amazing winery reception.

Describe the wedding in one sentence or less: A tribute to tradition in a modern classy way.

Favorite part of planning: The dress! (and now the reception and ceremony as no more choices need to be made!)

Most-anticipated part of the day: Walking gdown the isle and seeing my FH see me in my dress for the first time.

Why november: It was more of a negotiation… my FH wanted within a year of being engaged but that would be September which is iffy weather in Australia. So November was picked for the nicer weather and to be close to his parents wedding day (and also to be in the same month my grandparents were married in the exact same church but 50 years earlier)

One thing you aren’t looking forward to: Budgeting!

The topic ‘Official Introduction thread:November 2012’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors