(Closed) Official Introduction thread:November 2012

posted 9 years ago in November 2012
Post # 32
268 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

Town/State of Wedding Location: Koh Samui, Thailand

Wedding Date: 11/11/12

Colors/Theme: No real theme, but buddhist/asian influenced. Colours – Jewel tones – Emerald, Amythest, Ruby

Venue: 2 – 1 – Wat Plai Liem Temple (morning ceremony), 2 – Nora Buri Resort (Beach ceremony & reception in afternoon/evening)

Describe the wedding in one sentence or less: Exotic, relaxed & fun

Favorite part of planning: All of it! Dress, flowers, reception, food etc…

Most-anticipated part of the day: Seeing my fiance’s face when he see’s me in ‘the’ dress walking down the aisle to become his wife!

Why november: We met on November 20th 2008, Engaged on November 18th 2011 and the 11/11 is the most auspicious day (according to the buddhist calender) close to our special days! Plus 2012 – is the year of the Dragon which is one of the luckiest years.

One thing you aren’t looking forward to: Rain or thunderstorms! (Luckily my photographer gives you a 2hr beach photo session if this occurs to get dressed up again & get your beach wedding pics!)

Post # 33
93 posts
Worker bee

View original reply
@MissDW:  We are getting married the 25th also!

Post # 34
1623 posts
Bumble bee

Town/State of Wedding Location: Madison, Wisconsin, USA
Wedding Date: November 3, 2012
Colors/Theme: Fall, Rustic/Modern, Black, Chocolate Brown, Sage Green, Bright Orange
Venue: Catholic church & Downtown Madison hotel
Describe the wedding in one sentence or less: Lots of people, ready to party, lots of love!
Favorite part of planning: Becoming/trying to be crafty and working on many DIY projects!
Most-anticipated part of the day: First dance with Fiance

Why november:  We both love the Fall season (pretty colors, love the feel).  We originally were going for Oct., until realizing moving it back a few weeks (to Nov.) saved us half price on the venue and saved guests half the price on hotel room rates.  Plus, BYE week for the college football team, so we won’t have to deal with mega traffic and possibility of hotel filling up.

One thing you aren’t looking forward to:  Hmmm, good question.  I guess the cake cutting and coordinating all of the set-up. ?

Post # 35
2965 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

Town/State of Wedding Location: Tyler, TX

Wedding Date: 11/24/2012

Colors/Theme: Fall theme colors will be truffle brown, burgundy along with fall decor and accents of ivory and peach (also the color of my dress!)

Venue: Ceremony at my parents’ house by the lake reception at nearby hotel

Describe the wedding in one sentence or less: The timeline is short but it’s coming along pretty smoothly.

Favorite part of planning: Checking things off the to-do list and looking forward to the big day!!!

Most-anticipated part of the day: Walking down the aisle and seeing the look of my groom’s face when he sees his Bride!!!

Why november:  This was the ONLY date we could do. The fam would be down for the holidays (they didnt stay too far away anyway) and the kids would be out of school for the holidays so we don’t have to take them out early! It just works for us and I feel like people will believe this is going to be truly a unique wedding!

One thing you aren’t looking forward to: The overall cost of everything although I’m keeping a tight grip on my budget and the uninvited guests who may be showing up ๐Ÿ™

Post # 36
74 posts
Worker bee

Town/State of Wedding Location: Space Coast, FL
Wedding Date:
November 3, 2012
Colors/Theme:
Burgandy & Gray with a Steampunk/Vintage Theme
Venue:
Historic Church & Fiance’s Parent’s Home
Describe the wedding in one sentence or less:
Inimate affair to be shared with our closest friends and family
Favorite part of planning:
Finding my dress, helping with the design of the Save-The-Date Cards & Invites
Most-anticipated part of the day:
Being presented as husband and wife

Why november: Hoping it won’t be too hot since we will be using indoor and outdoor space for the reception

One thing you aren’t looking forward to: Paying ha!

Post # 37
6 posts
Newbee

Town/State of Wedding Location: Springfield, PA
Wedding Date: 11/03/12
Colors/Theme: Black, white, and silver
Venue: Heritage Ballroom
Describe the wedding in one sentence or less: Young love!
Favorite part of planning: Browsing
Most-anticipated part of the day: Hearing “you may kiss the bride!”

Why november: Our 6 year dating anniversary, it falls on the 4th, which would have fallen on that Saturday if it hadn’t been for the stupid 29th of Feb.!

One thing you aren’t looking forward to: Booking hotel rooms!

Post # 38
4 posts
Wannabee

Town/State of Wedding Location:  Milwaukee, WI

Wedding Date:  11/10/12

Colors/Theme:  Green, Grey & Amber

Venue: Historic Prizlaff Building (an old wood & brick warehouse that’s been converted)

Describe the wedding in one sentence or less:  Getting rowdy & having fun in a super awesome urban rustic venue!

Favorite part of planning:  Increased contact with some of my most favorite people…so fun to have reasons to call my girlfriends who live far away more frequently!

Most-anticipated part of the day:  After 8 years together, finally sealing the deal with my BFF.

Why November:  I really wanted to get married on an even date in an even month (I am a freak about numbers, but at least I own it, haha) but August felt too soon.  We were hoping for October, but I’m running the Chicago Marathon on October 7th, so the 6th was out and my dear friend who got engaged 3 weeks before me decided on the Friday the 19th, so the 20th was out.  So we moved into November and settled on the 10th day of the 11th month of the 12th year of the new millenium, which satisfied my numbers neurosis.

One thing you aren’t looking forward to:  Currently, it’s stationary…having a really hard time making decisions!

Post # 39
3 posts
Wannabee

Town/State of Wedding Location: Bluemont, VA
Wedding Date:
11/11/12
Colors/Theme:
Purples and greens and greys; no theme
Venue:
Whitehall Manor
Low-key, pretty, surrounded by our closest.
Looking forward to it being done, and getting to relax on our honeymoon!
When he sees me for the first time walking down the aisle.

Why november: We wanted a fall wedding, on a Sunday (to save some money), and this was the earliest Sunday our venue hadn’t booked yet by the time we signed the contract.

One thing you aren’t looking forward to: I’m just generally terrified that everything won’t go smoothly the day of and it’ll be because of something I forgot to do – so stressful!

Post # 40
183 posts
Blushing bee

Town/State of Wedding Location:  Dallas, Texas
Wedding Date: November 30, 2012
Colors/Theme:
Vintage. White, black, grey and red.
Venue:
The Room on Main downtown Dallas.
PARTY! The ceremony will be serious and romantic but the reception will be a blast.
EVERYTHING. I have loved every part of planning my wedding
Him seeing me walk down the aisle and his reaction

Why november: We started dating December 1st and we planned on doing it then but it was a Saturday and Friday weddings are so much cheaper and decided to be on our honeymoon for our anniversary.

One thing you aren’t looking forward to: Wedding day jitters! I’ll be a nervous wreck!

Post # 41
25 posts
Newbee

Town/State of Wedding Location: Cordova, TN
Wedding Date: 11-10-12
Colors/Theme: Rustic country–not redneck (hopefully)
Venue: The Grove (a super cute church camp with a lodge and a lake.)
Describe the wedding in one sentence or less: relaxed… the one thig we want is for everyone to have lots of fun and be comfortable… oh yeah–and to get married
Favorite part of planning: dress shopping! Sadly mine is complete
Most-anticipated part of the day: when I get to see him for the first time!

Why november: october was booked =)

One thing you aren’t looking forward to: setting up the morning of… was I crazy?!

Post # 42
1811 posts
Buzzing bee

I can’t believe I haven’t done this yet!!!!

Town/State of Wedding Location: Columbus, GA

Wedding Date: 11/10/12

Colors/Theme: Our wedding colors are blue (all shades from seafoam to navy) and grey/theme is a historical (vintage-y) laid back celebration of our town’s roots.  There will be a ton of DIY and a lot of elements from Disney’s “Up”

Venue: Ceremony in a historical park in our area/reception in a converted cotton mill

Describe the wedding in one sentence or less: A laid back, romantic, playful, and whimsical best day EVER!

Favorite part of planning: My many many DIY projects!

Most-anticipated part of the day: Finally being his wife!

Why November: 1. Weather-it is the only time of year bearable for an outdoor ceremony 

2. All of our major relationship landmarks seem to have taken place in late fall as well

One thing you aren’t looking forward to: the guest list.  It is killing me to not be able to invite everyone and their grandma!

Post # 43
7 posts
Newbee

Town/State of Wedding Location: Stony Brook, NY

Wedding Date: 11/4/12

Colors/Theme: Wine, fall colors (yellows, reds, oranges), deep colors!

Venue: Three Village Inn, beautiful historic Inn!

Describe the wedding in one sentence or less: A romantic, rustic, woodland fall wedding.

Favorite part of planning: Watching everything come together!

Most-anticipated part of the day: Being a wife!!!

Why November: I’ve always loved fall, it’s my birthday (10 days after our wedding!) and it’s just a beautiful crisp time of the year. Nothing compares to fall in New York! the colors are beautiful, and I don’t have to worry about heat too!.

One thing you aren’t looking forward to: All the money.

Post # 44
55 posts
Worker bee

Town/State of Wedding Location: Spaniards Bay, Newfoundland, Canada
Wedding Date: Nov 24, 2012
Colors/Theme: Cream, Olive Green & Medium Brown
Venue: Spaniards Bay Legion
Describe the wedding in one sentence or less: Nature Vintage Classic
Favorite part of planning: EVERYTHING! ๐Ÿ™‚ I get to make the wedding EXACTLY how I would want a wedding to look
Most-anticipated part of the day: The moment I lock eyes with my Fiance as I walk down the aisle

Why november: Fall is our favorite season and it gave us enough time to save

One thing you aren’t looking forward to: The guest list! *some drama in the family*

Post # 45
488 posts
Helper bee

Town/State of Wedding Location:  Longview, TX

Wedding Date:  11/10/12

Colors/Theme:  Bright pink, black, white, and silver

Venue: The Pineapple Manor 

Describe the wedding in one sentence or less: An outdoor, intimate wedding incorporating old and new traditions!

Favorite part of planning: Checking the to-do’s off of my list, and seeing my “vision” come to life!

Most-anticipated part of the day: Walking down the aisle ๐Ÿ™‚

Why november: It is one year after we became engaged (We couldn’t get married on 11/11/12 because it was on a Sunday)

One thing you aren’t looking forward to: Getting the whole family together, and possibly the fiance’s divorced mom and dad who aren’t on speaking terms.  

Post # 46
35 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2012

Town/State of Wedding Location: Silex, Missouri

Wedding Date: 11/24/12

Colors/Theme: We are doing shades of green with gray accents.  Decor will be lace and burlap:  country/romantic theme

Venue: Ceremony is in our local church:  An older building that has beautiful huge stained glass windows.  Reception is in the church’s reception hall across the street, it is a newer building and will need lots of decor help ๐Ÿ™‚

Describe the wedding in one sentence or less: country, romantic, simple

Favorite part of planning: Making final decisions and checking things off my list!

Most-anticipated part of the day: Finally being married.

Why November:  We wanted to wait and not do it the summer after our college graduation, but didn’t want to push it back a whole year, and with my being a teacher Thanksgiving weekend is great because I will have most of the week prior off anyway.

One thing you aren’t looking forward to: The guest list:  We both have huge families and I know we will have to do lots of narrowing down

The topic ‘Official Introduction thread:November 2012’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors