(Closed) Official Oct 20-2012 Post

posted 7 years ago in October 2012
Post # 3
1415 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

Not me, but I think a good friend of mine has picked that date, for a TX wedding. Where will yours be? 

Post # 4
5073 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: October 2012

Me!  We have all the major stuff booked.  Our next move is to order the invitations and I need to work on the bouquets 

Post # 6
62 posts
Worker bee

Hi I’m a date twin too! 

We have all of our major stuff booked, we have already registered (a little early I know but one less thing to deal with), and I will be going dress shopping this month and next to hopefully find my dress sooner rather than later.

We are not sending out STD’s since all of our guests will be local and for the most part they have already been informed about the date.  i have also been searching high and low for affordable invitations that are cute and I am not having any luck!  Any tips?

Yay for 283 days!! 

Post # 9
1445 posts
Bumble bee

Lets see if I can remember everything…

We have booked our venue, booked our photographer, I have ordered my dress (which will be in this month, eeek!), we have picked out, but not yet ordered our bridesmaids dresses, we have booked our florist and determined our flower arrangements, we have met with a caterer, we have booked a baker for our wedding cake, and a family member (who is an ex-baker) for the groom’s cake, I’ve narrowed down my cake styles, but have not yet chosen which one I’m going with or done our tastings, I’ve set up a meeting with a dj this weekend, I’ve pretty much finished my brooch bouquet, Fiance is going to check tomorrow on state law for who can legally marry us in Alabama, we’ve started a list of must-have photos, & I’ve got FI’s family on the hunt for mercury glass votives.

The biggest pain in the butt right now is the guest list. We’ve got our numbers where we want them, but haven’t hashed out the specifics on a couple of guests and what our plus one situation is. I think I’m going to have to be firm with my mother about no plus ones unless the couple is married, or engaged, (or in the case of my FI’s homosexual uncle, are considered married even though they aren’t legally). Guests lists make me want to rip my hair out. lol

I think that’s everything… (but I’m sure I’m forgetting something)

Post # 10
1445 posts
Bumble bee

Gosh, darnit! I did it again! I’m not an October 20th bride anymore. I’m an October 13th bride. *sigh* I really need to get my dates in order.

Post # 12
1445 posts
Bumble bee

I get my date right when I talk to vendors (thank god) but, for some reason when I get on Weddingbee, I think its the 20th again. I think part of it is because I noted that we were date twins back when I was an October 20th bride, so whenever I see you post I automatically think “Date twin! That’s my date too!” 🙂

Post # 13
62 posts
Worker bee

@couawilou: Thanks for the advice!  I’m definitely going to look into the DIY kits at Michael’s since I have heard so many other bees talking about them.  Also, I went to look at dresses like a week after getting engaged (I was excited, lol) and ended up having my self confidence squashed.  I’m a street size 12 and I was just made to feel like I was not important or like it wasn’t even possible for someone my size to find a dress.  So…I have been a little nervous about going back to tackle the mean dress ladies! 

It’s exciting to hear that you have all of your big stuff booked too!  That was like my must do list before allowing myself to buy anything with the date printed on it.  I don’t know about you but after the big stuff was booked I felt like all the other stuff started to fall in place.  I hope it stays like that anyway! 

Good luck to you!

Post # 15
75 posts
Worker bee

I still need to do something about flowers but everything else if coming together nicely. I am ordering my invites from http://www.invitationstyles.com. I ordered a sample a few months ago and they were really nice quality and for $1 each invite + RSVP they are super affordable.

Has anyone been to a wedding that used the floral wedding packages from Sam’s? I don’t really want the stress of DIY but I don’t want to pay a whole lot for flowers.

Is it October yet? 🙂

Post # 16
5073 posts
Bee Keeper

We’re using Invitations by Dawn for our invites.  Very reasonable.

The topic ‘Official Oct 20-2012 Post’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors