(Closed) Official Oct 20-2012 Post

posted 10 years ago in October 2012
Post # 18
35 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2012

@GroovyHippieChick: If you don’t mind me asking which inviations did you choose from invitations by Dawn.  I had looked but was kind of torn on which ones would go best for the fall!! 

Post # 19
539 posts
Busy bee

I have my venue booked, and my dress, as well as bridesmaid dresses ordered (well, picked out and mostly paid for, one more girl to get measured, then they will be be ordered).  My next step is to book a photographer and DJ.  But current DIY project is making paper flowers for bouquets and center pieces. 

Post # 20
689 posts
Busy bee

So we just finish redoing our wedding website. We lost our wedding website on getmarried.com so we had to remake a new one from scratch. So now, we are consdiering redoing the STD because our old STD had the old wedding website on it and I feel this is pointless to send out with incorrect info on it.

Also, I got my dress and it is now at the tailors. We paid the down payment on the venue and I am heading to my first bridal expo next Sunday so I am hoping to lock in some more vendors at the expo.

Post # 22
51 posts
Worker bee

Another 10-20-12 bride here! At the moment I have my venue, caterer, and photographer booked. Guest list is just about set. I decided on my dress just have to order it. Bouquets, centerpieces, Aisle and Altar/Arch are all finished. Maid/Matron of Honor dress is also out of the way.

I need to find an officiant, finish dressing the wedding party, and get going on invites and gifts.

Post # 24
971 posts
Busy bee

Hi twins!!   Happy ‘9 months until our weddings’ Day!  Here is what I have done/ready so far:

I have booked:

Venue (ceremony/reception/buffet dinner included)

Photographer (6 hours of coverage from 3:30pm-9:30pm…wish we could afford more!)

DJ (ceremony/reception/10 uplights included)

Cake Baker

Makeup artist (having airbrushed makeup…never had it done before, hope I like it…will have the trial sometime this summer)

Still need to book:

Florist

Someone to do my hair

I have purchased so far:

dress

shoes….95% done strassing them

flowergirl basket

some supplies for diy centerpieces

Thats it!!  Still so much to do!!

Post # 26
5 posts
Newbee

I am a October 20, 2012 Bride to be.  So far I’ve bought my dress, veil, tiera & shoes. I’ve ordered the Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses and picked out the Maid/Matron of Honor dress (waiting for her to go try on).  I’ve chosen colors and theme (Black, White Damask with Red accents), booked an all inclusive venue that handles Ceremony, reception and the cake is included.  I am working on STD’s, invitations, registry’s and our wedding website.  I thought I was doing too much too soon, but I see others are just as excited as I am.  I can’t wait!!!!

Post # 27
3078 posts
Sugar bee

ooh!  I just got done updating the photographer info (pics we want, etc).  Now it really feels real. 

My reception dress arrived last week.  Love it!

Post # 28
3078 posts
Sugar bee

Hi Penny!

I’ve always loved black, white, and red together.   

Post # 29
5 posts
Newbee

Hi MichiganBride2012…I love it..it’s so romantic and elegant.  I’m still deciding on a reception dress or not…can’t make up my mind.

Post # 31
3078 posts
Sugar bee

Honestly, I thought getting a reception dress was a dumb idea until Fiance and I were watching Four Weddings.  A few of the brides changed and Fiance thought that was a great idea.  The more I thought about it the more I liked it.

So I ordered one.  

The topic ‘Official Oct 20-2012 Post’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors