(Closed) Official Oct 20-2012 Post

posted 10 years ago in October 2012
Post # 33
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: October 2012

10-20-2012 also!!! Its really comin quickly now! 

Post # 34
72 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

Hi, we just settled on 10/20 today! 

I got engaged on Christmas day but I feel like the only thing I’ve done so far is set the date.  Truthfully, we do have a venue – my home (soon to be OUR home) and I confirmed the caterer a few minutes ago.  One of our friends is a cake baker, so we are using her.

I’m worried about selecting colors (ugh, I am so bad at this and can’t decide!) and making sure everything looks coordinated and elegant. 

I also am not really feeling any of the dresses I’ve seen in magazines.  I finally made an appointment to see dresses tomorrow, so I hope to get a better idea of what looks good then.

anyway, looking forward to forward to sharing this exciting time with you and supporting you all as well.   

Post # 35
539 posts
Busy bee

We got all of our Bridesmaid dresses ordered Saturday! I’m so happy that is out of the way. The only big check I have left is finding a church. Nobody seems willing to work with us because we are travelling back to my home town for the wedding, but they won’t budge on counseling and meetings. But I do have a lead on two churches that have no rules, so I will check them out this weekend.

Oh! and I got my STD’s last week and I’ve been working on addressing them. They will probably be send out early next week.

I took a long weekend coming up and am going homehome so my sisters and I can have a long planning weekend to get some details ironed out. I’m very excited about that.

How is everyone else coming along?

Post # 36
20 posts
Newbee

I’m a 10/20/2012 bride too! just getting started with these message boards. My fiance and I have pretty much all of the big things done such as ceremony, reception and vendors. (Such a releif to have that all done!) Save the dates are out and my dress is ordered!! I’m now in the process of trying to find bridesmaid dresses… its such a hard process since i really want to try to please all 7 girls. Still need to pick out bridal shoes and accesories and find gifts for our wedding party 🙂

Post # 38
3078 posts
Sugar bee

wow it’s flying by!  Last month we bought our cardbox supplies and the little frames for our table numbers.

We have our second tasting at the venue at the end of the month.

How’s everyone else doing?

Post # 39
689 posts
Busy bee

@GroovyHippieChick:  Hey Twin. I see you got a recpetion dress. Are you going to show your Fiance the dress before the wedding? You know the crazy story about my reception dress but I am still debating wether I am going to show him or not before the wedding. 

I can’t believe we are in March. 

Post # 40
962 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Hello, all!!! I am an October 20th bride as well!! We set the date two weeks ago. After reading these posts I always realize there are more things I have done than I remembered, and more things to do than I remembered!!!

So far we/I have:

– Booked the Venue (which will host our ceremony, and has a baker that we like and will use)

– Purchased the dress (it will be ready in July! Ah!)

– Asked our bridal party to be our bridal party

– Set the guest list

– Set the menu

– Chosen centerpieces

– Ordered and received our STD’s

– Ordered, but have not yet received our return address stamp for the STD’s

We are currently:

– Seeing/deciding on Photographer

– Seeing/deciding on DJ

SOON we/I need to:

– Choose bridesmaid dresses

– Book an officiant

– Hire ceremony musian(s)

– Have a tasting at the venue (we’re basically having everything, so there aren’t any choices to be made. They serve TONS of food!!! Yayy!!! fatty here! LOL)

– Decide on a florist for the bouquets/bouttoneires (after I choose the Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses)

Post # 42
139 posts
Blushing bee

Hello everyone!  Thought I’d join this thread as a fellow Oct 20 bride!  I can’t believe it is just 7 months + a few days away!

I’m trying to plan my Charleston wedding from overseas so comparatively I will always seem a little behind all of you…but we have venues all set, I am going to get a dress either used or off the rack, and we’re working on the caterer and photographer now…so much left to do!

I just had some silk yarn sent to me (it was back ordered 2 months!) and I’m going to be working on knitting my veil. Starting that as soon as it arrives! 

Post # 45
139 posts
Blushing bee

@couawilou:  I love those!  I’ll be sending you my address.  =)

I’m going to be knitting a circular veil.  I’m going to use a beautiful window in the church that we are getting married in as my inspiration:

Post # 46
72 posts
Worker bee

Date Twin!  Time is flying!

The topic ‘Official Oct 20-2012 Post’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors