(Closed) Official Oct 20-2012 Post

posted 10 years ago in October 2012
Post # 63
5 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2013

hi there,

We are getting married in my aunt’s backyard. We already legally got married at the courthouse on Valentines, but will be doing a personal ceremony and reception on 10/20/12.

Venue – my aunt’s house/backyard

Officiant – my aunt

Photographer – my cousin

Caterer – Mother-In-Law

Catering equipment – my aunt’s company

Dress – ordered should be ready by Memorial Day

Alterations and flower girl dress – grandmother

I am DIYing a lot, and already have everything for my pom poms, invitations. I have all the vases for the candy buffet and centerpieces.

The main thing that I want to get done in May is to visit florists for the real flowers (my bouquet and corsages/boutennieres, all centerpieces will be silk flowers) and to visit rental places to get the tables/linens/chairs/etc.

Post # 64
139 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

@Hydra:  &  

View original reply
@msimmortal:  

OK – High Five to not having a wedding dress yet!  And not worrying about it! (well, working on not worrying about it!)

And heck, we are using purple and green for our autumn wedding.  Why? Because they look pretty and screw fall colors (even though those are pretty too.)

Post # 65
60 posts
Worker bee

@bumblepup

Yes, high-5 for not worrying!  And an extra high-5 for you for having purple as one of your colors!  Us too, though we’re pairing it with royal blue rather than green.  But yours will be gorgeous I’m sure!

Post # 66
72 posts
Worker bee

Ugggh!  I need a dress too!  I feel better that I’m not the only one  😀

Post # 67
80 posts
Worker bee

Erm, all the big stuff is booked. Negotiating with Site caterer right now, blocking hotels,  sending out STDs, trying to choose a veil, doing centerpiece mockups and talking with the florist. Will be home this weekend scoping out hotels for blocking too.

I think that is it. 

Post # 68
123 posts
Blushing bee

Wow, I can’t believe how much some of you ladies have already done! Way to go! Reading everyone else’s posts, I am feeling like I have to get moving…maybe this will be good motivation to tackle some more To Dos.

We have most of the major tasks down, and are chipping away at lots of other tasks, so sometimes it feels like we aren’t making progress when I know we are!

Post # 69
20 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2013

WHOO HOOO DATE TWINS!!!!

I know yall are gonna hate me for this but am I the only one that thinks 10/20 is not coming fast enough?!?!?! AAAGGGHHHH!!!! I can’t wait….

We’ve got majority of the big stuff done: my dress, Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses, DJ, Photographer, Rehearsal dinner, shower venue, STDs sent, jewelry/shoes picked (just need to be ordered), Out of Town boxes purchased (will assemble upon arrival), centerpieces, most of decor done. We are having a destination wedding in DR so we’re lucky in that with food, flowers, ceremony decor and sound system we just show up and point a couple days before (lol).

We do still have to find the Groomsmen and grooms suits (wonder why that’s not done yet…? LOL), jewelry for BMs, invitations (not sure if I’m going to attempt to DIY or not), favors and  some smaller DIY decoration items. And of course hair and make up…  

Post # 71
689 posts
Busy bee

I can’t believe we are in May already. Time is flying by. I feel like I am ahead of the game. Found a bakery that is across the street from our venue and she is totally hooking us up (not charging for delivery and set up because she is like steps away from venue). Also, went to venue today to see if my chair covers and sashes would fit the chairs. It was a perfect fit and I am so happy. I found 100 white chair covers on Craigslist a few motnhs ago for free. Really it was $60 because it came with 100 baby blue chair sashes which I didn’t need and ended up selling back to another bride for $60. Then I was able to find black organza chair sashes from another bee for $60. So in all I found 100 white chair covers and 125 black sashes for $60. What a deal. I am so pleased with them both. 

Post # 72
689 posts
Busy bee

Hey Ladies

We are officially 5 months out today. I can’t believe it, it would be October in no time. I feel pretty good on planning so I’m hoping to be all done within the next couple of months. My goal is to be all down with the big stuff by August so I can relax in September and October. 

Post # 73
3078 posts
Sugar bee

oh man – less than 5 months!!  It’s going to fly by. 

Post # 74
60 posts
Worker bee

I got some big things checked off my list this month!

– Ordered and paid for my custom dress this morning!  I am super excited for it to come, though I know it will be a few months still.

– Ordered and received my shoes.  I’m happy with them, but they’re not the most comfy shoes ever, so I’m going to have to start wearing them around the house now if I don’t want to be in serious pain at the reception…

– We had a logistical meeting with the event coordinator at our venue that went really well. (Weird story – the event coordinator is someone I went to high school with!  We weren’t really friends, but we weren’t “enemies” either, we just happened to be at the same school.  But it’s really weird that she’s now going to be at my wedding!)  It seems like our plans are really coming into focus and everybody so far is getting along great.  

– Booked our rehearsal dinner venue.  FI got his first choice of restaurants and he’s really really happy about it.

I’m starting to think more about the decor and the DIY projects I need to work on more.  I’ve got a plan for what I want, it’s just a matter of getting everything together and I suppose now’s a good time to start when there isn’t too much else going on!

Post # 76
6 posts
Newbee

Our only big thing left is the music. Unless I’m forgetting something, haha! We have a few of our little things taken care of & a few more to go, but I feel like it’s all winding down nicely.

Guest count & final numbers to all necessary vendors in a few weeks…seating chart, maybe? Favor bags, ring pillow (?), cake knives, program info to the girl putting them together…marriage license, wedding lingierie – not that many small things left even! Of course, there’s still paying for everything =S

What’s on everyone’s else’s list? Anything you almost left off that maybe some of us are forgetting?

The topic ‘Official Oct 20-2012 Post’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors