(Closed) Officially decided on a venue.. Help me decide when to book?

posted 6 years ago in Venue
  • poll: Should we book right away or wait for the monthly tasting?
    If it's the one, it's the one! Book it! : (9 votes)
    56 %
    Bad food trumps great venue. Wait it out as long as your heart isn't tied to a specific date. : (7 votes)
    44 %
  • Post # 3
    4352 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: August 2013

    I voted to wait, because you have 1 year until the wedding, so unless almost all of the days are booked its better to wait and know about the food. Unless they have a very small deposit that you would be willing to throw away (if the food is terrible) for peace of mind in the mean time.

    Post # 4
    23602 posts
    Honey Beekeeper
    • Wedding: September 2011

    If it is a popular venue, book it now! Otherwise, definitely, wait!

    Post # 5
    142 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: June 2013

    Book as soon as you know it’s for you. No need to lose out on the date you want! We booked our venue 17 months before the wedding to secure the date. Popular places go quickly!!!

    Post # 6
    2053 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: October 2011

    Why don’t you contact the tour lady and let her know that food is a deciding factor for you, and request a tasting with the new chef? That way, she will know you mean business and perhaps make an arrangement for you right away. You could even tell her a date and use the time it takes for a contract to be prepared/signed/returned to work in a tasting before you sign. That way, you have a little wiggle room and if it is good food you’re set, and if it isn’t, you don’t have to sign the contract after all.

    Otherwise, I would go by the reputation of this place. How long have they been in business? Do you think they’d risk an okay chef or are they top notch in the past and want to continue that reputation?

    The topic ‘Officially decided on a venue.. Help me decide when to book?’ is closed to new replies.

    Find Amazing Vendors