(Closed) Officially in the 10-day forecast! Let the weather stalking commence!

posted 8 years ago in September 2012
Post # 18
Member
2424 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

I did this before my wedding too. Not to scare anyone, but the 10 day forecast had rain, and we got rained out of our outdoor ceremony on the wedding day! Boo. Though it wasn’t the thunderstorms that were forecast, which was good, just enough showers and wind to force us inside. We still got to do pictures outside though, which was the important thing to me.

Post # 19
Member
52 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

View original reply
@MrsRose:  I am, I told my mom I cannot imagine having to get married in a tent and that my wedding is not a circus, and if by some chance it does rain she better have a (or several) strong drink ready for me (and some cute rainboots of course).

Post # 20
Member
870 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I’ve been stalking the weather since this morning when my date finally came into the 10 day forecast. So far no rain, which is all I care about. I’d love it to be mostly sunny with low humidty–but honestly since our ceremony and cocktail hour are outside I’m really just hoping for no rain!

Post # 21
Member
442 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I have been stalking too! Ours is 82 and sunny with 0% rain!!

Post # 22
Member
12 posts
Newbee

Great minds think alike. I mentioned to a coworker yesterday that today was the day I could check the 10-day forecast. She told me not to check the weather bc it would only upset me of it shows rain. I responded not knowing the weather will only make me more anxious. Today she texted me the weather report before I even checked. 82 and sunny. I hope it stays dry. My ceremony and cocktail hour are both outside. I’m a nervous wreck.

 

Post # 23
Member
186 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

I wish I didn’t check.. the last few days it said Sunny but today showed rain in the forecast =(

Post # 25
Member
731 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Boo…. I’m at 62 with %40 chance of rain now….. maybe I should stop looking lol

Post # 26
Member
442 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Ours is now 81 and 10% chance of rain during the day and 30% at night. Reception and ceremony are both outside….30% isn’t too bad right?

Post # 27
Member
52 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Mine keeps changing… I’m having a mild heart attack…  I do have to take a step back and laugh at myself, I know we will have a great time no matter what… but it’s so hard when so much planning goes into one day- you just want something that effects everything (weather) to go right!  

 

@sarahjc0015 30% isn’t bad- depending on where you live though!  It could just mean a brief shower at some point (worst case scenario!!) , but def. not all day!

Post # 28
Member
881 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Haha, so glad to not be the only crazy one.  I’ve been stalking our weather forecast since it showed up on accuweather’s 25 day forecast.  I wish they wouldn’t post it because they have had no clue.  We went from partly cloudy to 50% thunderstorms, then sunny, then rain (the entire wedding week no less) , then sunny, and now partly sunny.  I have since been checking the 10 day forecasts for weather.com, weather.gov, and wunderground as well.  They don’t seem to agree on whether it will rain Saturday!  Now the entire week looks sunny but Saturday evening showers are a possibility.  Hopefully they don’t come until after the ceremony.  The reception is indoors so I don’t care at that point but I want so badly to get married outside!  Fingers crossed for everyone to get good weather! 🙂 

Post # 29
Member
442 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Just checked three different websites, one says 70% chance of rain and 72 degrees, one says 30% chance of rain and 78 degrees and one says 10% chance of rain and 80 degrees! Hoping for the last one!! I know its still early but I can’t help looking every hour. Ugh!!!

The topic ‘Officially in the 10-day forecast! Let the weather stalking commence!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors